Clear All

• Official Fly Wing 450 Size UH-1 Huey GPS Stabilized Helicopter RTF Thread

Fly Wing 450 Size UH-1 Huey GPS Stabilized Helicopter RTF

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	1387
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	380677

This innovative aircraft combines the sport capabilities of a 450 size helicopter with the rock-solid stability of a GPS-stabilized flight control system. Similar to high-end drones, this system links with GPS satellites in orbit to maintain positional awareness at all times. Sold as an RTF ("Ready To Fly") package, this Fly Wing UH-1 Huey includes almost everything you need to fly except the four AA transmitter batteries. All radio programming is completed at the factory for you and Motion RC carries a full range of spare parts at an affordable price.

Featuring a carbon fiber frame, dual brushless motors, a high precision flybarless flight controller, and Omni H1 GPS technology, and a long flight duration of 8-13 minutes on an economical 4S LiPo battery, the UH-1 Huey is the perfect helicopter for intermediate pilots looking for a casual trainer that can also push the envelope toward sportier flying.

NOTE: the one-click reverse feature is turned off by default, as it may damage the body. This can be turned on by linking with a PC.
    Effortless Wind Resistance

Thanks to the GPS-stabilized flight control system, the UH-1 Huey can negotiate the flight environment with ease. The rock-solid stability of the flight control system links with GPS satellites in orbit to maintain positional awareness at all times.
    Brushless Tail Motor

The UH-1 tail adopts a high-speed brushless motor for a long service life, fast response and easy maintenance. The silent blade design reduces sound and increases efficiency.
    Scale Details

The Huey offers scale features such as the exhaust and other elements of the hollow mesh design that help bring the historic helicopter's storied history back to life.
    Reliable Radio Control

Featuring a modern 2.4GHz 10 channel radio transmitter, the Huey can be operated near other RC vehicles without risk of losing signal. Conveniently, all of the basic flight mixes and functions are pre-programmed at the factory for you.
    Return To Home Feature

With the Return To Home feature, the UH-1 will always make a safe journey home in the event of a low battery or signal loss for that extra bit of confidence and insurance.
    Stability At Any Altitude

With GPS Mode the UH-1 resists any variance in altitude or direction when the stick is released. The stability is rock-solid which provides that extra level of protection when engaging in your flight sequence.
    Features:
    • User friendly GPS-assisted flight modes including One-Touch Takeoff and Automatic Landing via included pre-programmed radio transmitter
    • RTF ("Ready To Fly") convenience with simple computer calibration and one minute physical assembly
    • Dual Brushless Direct Drive Motor design eliminates 90% of moving parts for less vibration, less setup, and longer lifespan
    • GPS automatic stabilization and 3D manual modes
    • One-touch return to home
    • Low power and signal loss automatic return to home
    • Hands-free figure 8's
    Includes:
    • Fly Wing UH-1 Huey 450 Size GPS Stabilized Helicopter - RTF
    • 2.4GHz radio and receiver
    • 4S Charger
    • 4S 14.8V 3000mAh Lipo Battery with XT60 connector
    Requires:Optional:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :10 Minutes

Class / Size 450 Size
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Plastic
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 750mm (29.5") X 155mm (6.1") X 220mm (8.7")
    Weight (without battery) 836g (29.5 oz)
    Main Rotor Diameter 810mm / 31.8"
    Main Rotor Blade Length N/A
    Tail Rotor Diameter N/A
    Tail Rotor Blade Length N/A
    Tail Drive Type Brushless Motor
    Cyclic Servos H041 13g Metal Gear Servo - RSH1005-112
    Tail Servo N/A
    Power System 3508 Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 60A
    Recommended Battery Admiral 4S 3000mAh with XT60 connector
    Battery Compartment Size (L x W x H) N/A
    Required Radio 2.4GHz Radio (Included)
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 10 minutes
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Have one on the way.😎. Been looking to ad a Huey to my collection. And hopefully with this one I can get my 10 year old flying

Comment

Arrived today. Well packaged. Rest assured they took care this would fair well in shipping. Will dig into it this weekend but so far I like what I see.

Comment

What radio setting for mb500 type swashplate?

Comment

First impression, in gps mode pretty darn stable for a heli. Slight drift specially when you rotate. But to be honest all I did was charge pack, bolt on main blades and throw the lipo in. The v3 version will calibrate in a few minutes all on its own. Nice feature by the way. No drone dance required. More to come once we have better weather and I get out to the field. Still need to figure out how to post video here Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2844.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	382232

Comment

What scale do these 450s approximate to? 1:12, 1:18? It would be nice to add some more scale details to these Flyhigh fuselages

Comment

I would say close to 1/18 in scale. Being the real Huey is just under 58 ft in length with rotor and this one is 36 and a 1/2 inches in length.

Comment

Q: what mode does the factory TX come in? 1 or 2, or selectable?

Comment

I'll answer that myself now. Have received it. It's selectable on the provided Flysky FS-i6s transmitter.
                  Thanks to myself for being such a great help! I'm welcome.

Comment

Allow me to share some pics of my mod to the factory model.. just way too TOY n the color's all too vivid i felt.
                    I dremel-ed the doors open, resprayed the body with Krylon's camo OD, re-stencilled the boom 'ARMY' into 'MARINES', gave it a weathering wash of dusty buff acrylic, then drew on panel lines with a sharpie marker. Followed by brown and black pastel chalk weathering to accentuate the lines, and a silver fine paint-pen to add on body scratches and some sand-blasted weathering effect on top surfaces to mimic chipped paint. Finished with an overall semi-gloss varnish to seal in the chalk and even-out the whole sheen.
                    I'm liking it a lot more now!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X