You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode #5 - Factory Painting and Detailing with Alpha!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode #5 - Factory Painting and Detailing with Alpha!

Hey guys, excited for this weeks show. Alpha will be joining us live to talk about the factory painting and detailing processes that go into our favorite aircraft. We will be taking questions live of course, but if you have questions for Alpha that you definitely want to be answered. Ask here!

Click the video above and be sure to subscribe and set a reminder so you don't miss this show. See you all Friday!

This is gonna be a good one! Really looking forward to it!

Comment

Should be very interesting!

Comment

If you have questions for Alpha about this process, that you definitely want to be answered. Ask here! We can make certain they will be addressed

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          If you have questions for Alpha about this process, that you definitely want to be answered. Ask here! We can make certain they will be addressed
          I'd like a closeup look of the painting process of the next Freewing and Flightline planes that are going to be released! THANKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'd like a closeup look of the painting process of the next Freewing and Flightline planes that are going to be released! THANKS!!
            We'll get right on that Jameson!

Comment

We'll get right on that Jameson!
              I knew you'd come through!!!!!!

I really would like to see the decal application process. I look at some of these newer planes like the F35 and the F22 and it seems like such an incredibly tedious job with a ton of decals. Yet, I rarely see decals messed up from carelessness during application.

Comment

Anyone who has tried painting their own foamies appreciates that it can be real hard to get paint to bond properly with EPO. Is this the case for manufacturers like freewing as well? Is it just inherent to the material? Are there any particular tricks they have - temps, paint types etc (of course that isnt revealing too much secret sauce stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Anyone who has tried painting their own foamies appreciates that it can be real hard to get paint to bond properly with EPO. Is this the case for manufacturers like freewing as well? Is it just inherent to the material? Are there any particular tricks they have - temps, paint types etc (of course that isnt revealing too much secret sauce stuff).
                  Great question mshagg , I will definitely ask Alpha on the show

Comment

Hey James! looking forward to the show, so during the paint process what type of paint does the factory actually use on these planes? seems most guys have a hard time getting paint to tick to the foam Also would it ever be possible to buy touch up paint from the factory? I know I can go to Lowes or home depot but being able to buy the actual paint used would be awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by ncflyer79 View Post
                      Hey James! looking forward to the show, so during the paint process what type of paint does the factory actually use on these planes? seems most guys have a hard time getting paint to tick to the foam Also would it ever be possible to buy touch up paint from the factory? I know I can go to Lowes or home depot but being able to buy the actual paint used would be awesome!!
                      More great questions. I'll have Alpha answer these questions for sure ncflyer79 !

Comment

Really interested to see this one thing I would like to know is how you go from saying I want this plane to that plane becoming a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
                          Really interested to see this one thing I would like to know is how you go from saying I want this plane to that plane becoming a thing
                          Welcome to Hobby Squawk Tank guy! Well, this episode is dedicated to the painting and detailing of a model, but we do have plans to bring our product manager back on many more times to talk about the other aspects of creating these models from the molding to design and concept, packaging etc.

In the meantime, our product manager did write a pretty detailed article that appeared in Model Aviation magazine a few months ago that goes into some detail on all aspects. Check it out here: https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...tart-to-finish

Again, thanks for joining the Squawk. Stick around, its a great community we have here.

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Tank guy! Well, this episode is dedicated to the painting and detailing of a model, but we do have plans to bring our product manager back on many more times to talk about the other aspects of creating these models from the molding to design and concept, packaging etc.

In the meantime, our product manager did write a pretty detailed article that appeared in Model Aviation magazine a few months ago that goes into some detail on all aspects. Check it out here: https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...tart-to-finish

Again, thanks for joining the Squawk. Stick around, its a great community we have here.
                            Thanks james and I'm on all your pages haha inertiafpv on youtube jason dh fry on facebook tank guy on here as I'm a tank driveing instructor

Comment

Tank guy You're a tank driving instructor?? I may need to book a flight to the UK..
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Muddy day with the chieftain

Comment

Alpha thats our chieftain

Comment

Tank guy OK, I guess I am booking a ticket to UK to camp out somewhere along that treeline!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Well if you guys come to the uk with your hen long tanks and want some images with real ones let me know anyway I think I've steered this thread a bit sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
                                        Well if you guys come to the uk with your hen long tanks and want some images with real ones let me know anyway I think I've steered this thread a bit sorry
                                        When you post a picture like that, this thread is steering properly . So cool!

Comment

Working...
                                        X