You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode #5 - Factory Painting and Detailing with Alpha!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We dont just dig holes in the mud
    Caption

Comment

James we dont just dig holes in the mud ither haha

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        Tank guy You're a tank driving instructor?? I may need to book a flight to the UK..
        Motion RC field trip!

Comment

I do have a question about the paint how do you decide witch paint schemes to use is it about scaling do you chuck a dart or what always interesting to know

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
            I do have a question about the paint how do you decide witch paint schemes to use is it about scaling do you chuck a dart or what always interesting to know
            Will definitely ask Alpha in the live show! Thanks for the question

Comment

Amazing live thanks guys

Comment

Thanks, Tank guy , now everyone on there wants to come to your house!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Alpha not my house please hahah my work is fine tho if you guys want t to make it a thing you can check our website
                  Www.tank-driving.com we are called juniper lesiure

Comment

Awesome episode! I am definitely in for more shows like this one, showing more of the process. It really does give you a whole new level of appreciation for these models! #notjustfoam

Comment

Great Show! More everything please! I'd like to see it all!
                      ...Here's to a quick end to the Corona virus outbreak! Stay safe Alpha!

Comment

What an awesome show! I love all behind the scenes stuff. Only one request, we need to see Alpha 🤣🤣.

Comment

Great show today. Thanks..going to put a mention of motion Rc in our club newletter

Comment

Flyles Welcome to Hobby Squawk, and thanks for listening in on our Motion RC Live episode today!

Let us know what other topics you would like to see discussed. We hope to add some special guest features soon, as well!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Kahmed View Post
                              What an awesome show! I love all behind the scenes stuff. Only one request, we need to see Alpha 🤣🤣.
                              What is there to see? This is him:

Click image for larger version

Name:	merlin_135847308_098289a6-90ee-461b-88e2-20920469f96a-articleLarge.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	235546

Comment

Just finished watching and love seeing all of the details behind production! Definitely a new perspective into what is required to build these awesome aircraft. Would love to see a similar look into the Roban production line. I can’t imagine all of the infrastructure required for all of the machined parts and fiberglass on those aircraft!

Comment

Haha, how random. Sitting down with a beer (it's warm here) and watching the replay of the show and see a shout out for the AL37 nozzles I put up on thingiverse lol.

Comment

Wow, this was an absolutely excellent episode. Thank you! I didn't get to watch it live, but maybe next week. I truly enjoy seeing the "behind the scenes" magic that goes into the creation of these great models. We all love this hobby and industry and want to see it succeed. I'm sure these types of videos provide even more respect for the hard work and dedication that is needed to bring new RC products to the market and in our hands. I'm looking forward to more in the future.

Some of these following future video and topic ideas may not be possible for obvious reasons and it doesn't have to go into too much detail, but it would be interesting to see:

- EDF balancing
                                    - Aerodynamics/wind-tunnel testing
                                    - Prototype stages of model flight testing (from older models of course, ha-ha)
                                    - Flights off of interesting/non-traditional areas/surfaces
                                    - Strut spring rate testing
                                    - Destructive/durability testing of both the aircraft structure and the electronics
                                    - A look into how the molds are created
                                    - The creation of the unique packaging
                                    - The process that goes into shipping the models
                                    - The meetings of the design team and assembly line employees
                                    - A day in the life of Alpha's 23.5 hour work day (just remember to leave out your 0.5 hours of sleep, dude)
                                    - Alpha's workout routine (I know you're lifting 80mm A-10's on each arm for your Bicep Curls, but what about Squats and Deadlifts?)
                                    - What are some amazingly popular places to eat and the types of food in China where you're located?

Comment

All good ideas T-CAT. Especially a day in the life of Alpha. From what I understand, Alpha doesn't actaully sleep. He says that he recharges. Something like the Borg charging station I would imagine.

I don't know how he manages to juggle all of the projects and products that he is involved in.

James, these shows are fun and very enjoyable. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        All good ideas T-CAT. Especially a day in the life of Alpha. From what I understand, Alpha doesn't actaully sleep. He says that he recharges. Something like the Borg charging station I would imagine.

I don't know how he manages to juggle all of the projects and products that he is involved in.

James, these shows are fun and very enjoyable. Keep up the good work!
                                        Ha-ha, he is definitely the most human-like Robot I've ever met, but with a great personality, almost like he's real flesh and blood.

Comment

Thank you James and Alpha for this video - very useful to have a better perception of what goes on behind the scenes and how heavy in manual labor the process is. I do have a question - how come foam spare parts bought after the purchase of the model almost never match the original paint tint? I had this happen several times with the F-16, Yak-130, Flightline Spitfire etc.?

Comment

Working...
                                          X