Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE NOW! MARCH MAYHEM CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT CHALLENGE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOTE NOW! MARCH MAYHEM CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT CHALLENGE!

UPDATE 3/13/20: The Bracket is set, the finalists are in and now its time for Part 2 of this contest where everyone can fill out their brackets to determine just who has the best custom Motion RC aircraft!

Follow this link to vote now: http://bit.ly/MRCMarchMayhem

You have until next Friday at 9am to get your votes in and the winners will be announced next Friday Live on Youtube at 12pm EST.

When filling out the bracket just make sure you make 1 selection for all 63 matchups and then enter your name and email address associated with your Motion RC account.

Again, big congratulations are in order to all of our finalists. It wasn't easy making our selections but thanks to everyone for submitting!

Let the games begin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Full Bracket PNG.png
Views:	1694
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	242158

Click image for larger version  Name:	March Mayhem.jpg Views:	11 Size:	184.4 KB ID:	238628
    Think your custom aircraft has what it takes to win? Last year we had some fun with an NCAA 64 Bracket style game where we selected 64 aircraft and had customers vote and accrue points where the person with the most points accrued in the end won a gift card.
    This year we want to spice things up a bit more as we are looking for 64 pilots to submit their best custom Motion RC aircraft and have some fun.
    This competition is in 2 parts offering 2 ways to win $100 Gift Card. The rules are as follows:

PART 1 - Submit your custom Motion RC Aircraft (any Motion RC aircraft that is currently on our website)
    We need to find 64 customized aircraft to fill out our bracket. In order to enter, you must post just 1 picture of the best Motion RC aircraft YOU ever customized in a reply below in this HobbySquawk thread. (CAN BE ANY PRODUCT THAT FLIES FROM JETS TO WARBIRDS TO HELI'S)

Now we know many pilots have customized many aircraft over the years and you are free to submit more than 1 but then you will leave it to the Motion RC staff to determine which 1 aircraft of yours is the best and if it will make the 64 Aircraft cut. WE WILL NOT HAVE MULTIPLE AIRCRAFT MAKE THE FINAL 64 FROM THE SAME PILOT, only 1 aircraft for each pilot that makes the 64 cut.

A customized aircraft can be anything from a livery change, to fully weathered to modifications etc, but it MUST be a CURRENT Motion RC product to qualify.

Again, only 1 of YOUR aircraft can potentially make the final 64, so make sure you submit your VERY BEST Customization.
    Submissions are open now until midnight on Tuesday, March 10th 2020.

You will know if you are one of the 64 finalists when we release our final bracket which leads us to Part II
    PART II - Anyone can enter and Vote for the best custom Motion RC aircraft

On Friday, March 13th, 2020 we will release our 64 finalists LIVE on our YOUTUBE channel at 12pm EST and you will see the bracket. After the show ends at 1pm EST the website, hosted on a 3rd party site (We will post links once we this is ready) will go live where everyone can enter their picks. Anyone who has a valid Motion RC Email address will be able to sign up for free, then you will have to fill out the entire 64 aircraft bracket making certain to select an overall winner. You will accrue points for each correct pick, and points double the farther in the tournament your selections survive. The winner of each individual matchup in the tournament is determined by how many people have voted your aircraft to advance.
    AGAIN WE WILL FULLY EXPLAIN THIS PART ON OUR LIVE SHOW ON YOUTUBE AT 12PM EST WHEN WE PICK OUR 64 FINALISTS LIVE.
    (DONT WORRY, THE SHOW REPLAYS AND THE VOTING PERIOD IS 1 WEEK LONG, YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO VOTE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN)

HOW TO WIN - 3 Ways to Win
    1st Winner - If one of your aircraft is selected for the final 64 bracket and your aircraft is voted the overall winner, you will receive a $100 Motion RC Gift Card and bragging rights 😉

2nd Winner - If you filled out your bracket and accrued the most overall points in Part II then you will also receive a $100 Gift Card

3rd Winner - we will randomly select 1 person from all the entries to win a $50 gift card as a thanks to all who entered
    HOW ARE THE 64 FINALISTS SELECTED FOR PART I?
    By submitting your BEST picture of your BEST customized Motion RC aircraft below you will have a chance to be selected as one of our 64 finalists. Those finalists will be selected by Motion RC staff who will then "seed" each aircraft on the 64 entry bracket. Make sure you post the best picture of your aircraft (you have time to take a new one)
    HOW DO POINTS ACCRUE FOR PART II?
    On March 13th, when the 64 customized Motion RC aircraft are selected (announced on our LIVE Youtube show), we will share a link to the 3rd party site where you can signup using just your Motion RC email address and you will immediately be able to start filling out your bracket. You will see each individual matchup and you will advance the aircraft you feel is the best in each pairing. The site will be automatically making a tally of which aircraft get advanced the farthest along the 64 aircraft tournment and points will be as followed:

Each Correct Selections in Round 1 (32 matchups) = 10 Point
    Each Correct Selection in Round 2 (16 Matchups) = 20 Points
    Each Correct Selection in Round 3 (8 Matchups) = 40 Points
    Each Correct Selection in Round 4 (4 Matchups) = 80 Points
    Each Correct Selection in Round 5 (2 Matchups) = 160 Points
    Each Correct Selection in Round 6 (1 Matchup) = 320 Points

So, much like the NCAA tournament, you can be wrong a lot, but if the aircraft you advance to be the overall winner, actually is the overall winner, you will accrue a lot of points.

Again, more information on how this will work will come after the March 10th submission deadline
    WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
    The contest will end on Friday, March 20st, 2020 at 12PM EST when the winner are announced on our LIVE Youtube Show and the winners will be notified via their email address used to enter the contest and of course announced in this thread.

SO LET'S KICK OFF THIS CONTEST BY SUBMITTING YOUR BEST CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT NOW!

EXAMPLE OF A SUBMISSION:::

Name:	IMG_1969.JPG
Views:	2781
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	238630
    This is my custom 90mm Freewing F/A-18C

That's all you have to do to enter. Your Squawk name (which proves you have a Squawk account) and a picture is enough to be entered into the running!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comment

Do heli's quality as aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Of course. Anything we sell that can fly!

Comment

Here's your winner folks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Here's your winner folks!!!!!
            There are tons of awesomely modified aircraft out there.

Comment

This is my custom twin 70mm Freewing AL37 Click image for larger version

Name:	0222201523_HDR_2.jpg
Views:	2781
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	238666

Comment

Gorgeous jet krakenreleaser! I can't imagine what it took to paint that.

Comment

Gorgeous jet krakenreleaser! I can't imagine what it took to paint that.
                  A very, very patient wife 😉

Comment

Here is my submittal. My heavily modified Roban 700 AH-64D Apache "Night Stalker". Main features are hollow main shaft/fixed Radome, up-turned "sugar scoop" exhausts, cascading tail rotor, articulating horizontal stab, full lighting including formation lights, Shockwave3 sound system and 3 color NATO paint scheme. Many more additional mods as well. The Radome and stab hinge were a collaboration with Dustin Holloman, the exhausts were from Michael Brown and the hollow main shaft from Darrell Sprayberry. Such a great community.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PhotoPictureResizer_200228_125704460_crop_1758x1113.jpg Views:	1141 Size:	318.6 KB ID:	238682

Comment

Here is my Flightline F4U-1D Corsair! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0672.JPG
Views:	2492
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	238689

Comment

My FREEWING AVANTI 80mm.

Comment

My modded 500 size Roban AH-64A Apache. Added movable gun, H-Stab, TADS, 3D printed cockpit, rivet detail, and a number of other details.

Name:	22A97F47-5753-46C7-B01A-6A725A1563BD.jpeg
Views:	2452
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	238706

Comment

My favorite modified MotionRC build for entry: Freewing USAF F-4D SEA morphed into a Navy F-4B VF-111 Sundowners "CAG 200". Callie Graphics and scads of 3DP Parts & ordinance. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	F-4_2_Crop_ Paint_PS_12x36.jpg Views:	183 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	238721
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

My very favorite Freewing EDF to fly. The awesome 80mm A-10, taken at Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge.

Name:	My A-10a.jpg
Views:	2434
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	238725

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                My very favorite Freewing EDF to fly. The awesome 80mm A-10, taken at Warbirds Over Chenango Bridge.

Name:	My A-10a.jpg
Views:	2434
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	238725
                                That is an awesome shot!

Comment

One of Many Custom Models I've done. Thank You for your Consideration, Skip Skip-Built RC.

Comment

Name:	9B2CA7BF-469A-4DD8-BAF5-FCB250CAB181.jpeg
Views:	2202
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	238754 Here is my entry!
                                    Tolga
                                    Instagram: @_t01ga_
                                    YouTube: t01ga

Comment

Dynam PBY Catalina, was grey painted 3 color pacific scheme, LED's, servo retracts to floats, detailed cockpit with pilot and crew
                                      Early morning patrol at Willow Hill Reservoir Community Park Folsom, Ca

This is a paint, lights and float mod exhibition of the Dynam 1470 PBY. I didn't get the floats to come down the full 45 degrees and I still have to work on...

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	238769

Comment

Working...
                                        X