X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie,
    Very sorry for your loss. I'm glad no one was injured. Hope you are able to rebuild and rejoin soon. We'll all be here to help and support.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

You are awesome!!! I was just telling my wife we should do this and you have it going already!!! Thank you so much!!! Jerry:Cool:
      No problem, I made it a team so people can join it and help manage it.

Comment

Holy Crap!!
        Have been off line for a couple of days due to pulling some OT.
        CB, I just donated to the GO Fund me page, more on the way!!

Dan Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Holy Crap!!
          Have been off line for a couple of days due to pulling some OT.
          CB, I just donated to the GO Fund me page, more on the way!!

Dan Grossman56
          Good to hear! Thats already a 5000mah right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Cripes, I'm so sorry to see that, brother. I'm glad no one was hurt. When the time comes, ping me and we'll get you back with a little somethin' to restart. Stay close to the Squawk and please don't go far! Without you I have no one to bang the Bronco drum.
            Hello fellow Squawkers........... I need to express first and foremost that I am moved to tears by the outpouring of concern, condolences and general overall best wishes.
            I would never have believed that my contributions to this forum had such a positive impact on so many.
            For the past four days I've been so busy with things to get done and my phone blowing up from many agencies that I really felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest at times.
            So this evening my sweetie and I took a break from the grind of trying to account for the losses(40 years of hoarding) and had dinner with my folks to give our minds a rest.
            Prior to heading home my younger brother who lives across the road from Dad asked if I had looked at this thread since I first posted(didn't realize that he had followed me on the Squawk).
            When I said no.......he suggested that I should relax a moment and check it out.

Out of all the folks that have responded there are 2 that I would like to acknowledge at this time.
            Grady, what can I say..............am for loss of words :Crying:other than to thank you for your initiative with the GFM to help someone you know only by name.
            Alpha, your words of "stay close" have certainly resonated within me that I have determined that I do need to stay connected on a regular basis with this fabulous forum.
            I need to stay connected if nothing more than to give my mind a break from the worries and in the absence of not being able to fly I can still do so vicariously through all the adventures on the "What did you fly today" thread.
            Boots was still beating the Bronco drum but I am the drum major and I need to lead that charge.:Cool:
            So now that my Bronco has met it's expiration date (and many others :Angry:) I do fully expect to be the first one to try out the new FlightLine :ov10 ;)
            Again, thank you everybody for the positive feelings :)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

sorry for your loss, some things take so much work and hold such value to us. Glad the most important things- you and your family- are ok, new planes will come, hang in there
              rc flyin addict

Comment

Man I am sorry to see that Charlie. Glad you all are safe. You'll be back flying in no time...
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Charlie,

I am so sorry to read about your loss. I haven't been on Squawk regularly lately, but I am always interested in your posts and what you are up to. My family and I will be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Rich

Comment

Sorry about your loss Charlie. I hope that things go quickly with the insurance company and you can start trying to rebuild. Glad that it stayed contained and that you and your family are safe.

Comment

Its great to know that the folks here on the Squawk and Motion are always ready to help.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello fellow Squawkers........... I need to express first and foremost that I am moved to tears by the outpouring of concern, condolences and general overall best wishes.
                        I would never have believed that my contributions to this forum had such a positive impact on so many.
                        For the past four days I've been so busy with things to get done and my phone blowing up from many agencies that I really felt like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest at times.
                        So this evening my sweetie and I took a break from the grind of trying to account for the losses(40 years of hoarding) and had dinner with my folks to give our minds a rest.
                        Prior to heading home my younger brother who lives across the road from Dad asked if I had looked at this thread since I first posted(didn't realize that he had followed me on the Squawk).
                        When I said no.......he suggested that I should relax a moment and check it out.

Out of all the folks that have responded there are 2 that I would like to acknowledge at this time.
                        Grady, what can I say..............am for loss of words :Crying:other than to thank you for your initiative with the GFM to help someone you know only by name.
                        Alpha, your words of "stay close" have certainly resonated within me that I have determined that I do need to stay connected on a regular basis with this fabulous forum.
                        I need to stay connected if nothing more than to give my mind a break from the worries and in the absence of not being able to fly I can still do so vicariously through all your adventures on the "What did you fly today" thread.
                        Boots was still beating the Bronco drum but I am the drum major and I need to lead that charge.:Cool:
                        So now that my Bronco has met it's expiration date (and many others :Angry:) I do fully expect to be the first one to try out the new FlightLine :ov10 ;)
                        Again, thank you everybody for the positive feelings :)
                        Hey no problem I consider you as a good friend and just want to help out a fellow hobbyist in need!

Comment

Just found this thread my brother. Damn. Glad you and yours are ok. :ov10

Comment

Got that right Boots, just remember, you're still above ground, never give up!
                            Stay "Charlie Strong!"

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Wow, what can one say except I am truly sorry you are having to go through this. I hope all goes well and everything works out for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                We'll my fellow pilots and Squawk friends...
                                OV10, I have just read about your garage fire and I cannot imagine the physical loss without thanking God you and yours are well. Please accept my thoughts and prayers. Best always, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I just came across this thread...Wow I am SO sorry to hear about your losses but damn glad nobody was hurt or worse! If there's anything we can do, just holler!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Oh man thats horrible. I can't imagine the devastating feeling that must have caused. So glad no one was hurt tho.

Stay strong Charlie, we are all here for ya!

Comment

Holy cow, Charlie!!! So sorry for you. What's worse than the heart attack I just had?......Watching all your toys burn up in the garage!!!! Hang in there! Doc

Comment

Charlie, I just saw this thread and well wow, just wow. I’m glad you are all safe and your house was untouched.

Comment

Just wanted to bring a little update in response to Jerry's(Hardway) Hugs to you Charlie!!! Hope your recovery is going OK.... Thanx bro;)

Late last week the physical memories were removed with the most painful being shown below.

This was my 82 FXR that I chopped when I was fighting my first cancer of stage 3 lymphoma and ultimately got printed in Easy Rider
                                          My sweetie has pic of me wearing oxygen mask while sandblasting the frame because chemo was attacking my lungs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1005.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	150121Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000301.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	150122

This was a painful and tearful moment for me watching the remains of the chopper go :Crying:

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	150123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0993.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	150124

The eyesore is now gone and am back to with where I started 32 years ago.

Name:	IMG_0999.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	150125Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	150126

At least it won't be in the way of my baby girls wedding that is happening out in the back yard next week.:Cool::)
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X