X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

davegee

At the risk of repeating myself, simply OUTSTANDING.

Best. LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks, Elbee!!

cheers,

davegee

Comment

Beautiful Hope to see it in the museum someday.

Comment

Originally posted by jetfool View Post
          Beautiful Hope to see it in the museum someday.
          Thanks. It will get installed in 2025 or 2026 and should be on display for the next 25 years after that. So, I hope you get a chance to see the museum again after this total museum redo that is about 8 years in the completion. I'll probably fly out there to help out with the installation of the models when the time comes.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

As an update to the conclusion of the "last piece of the puzzle", the TDRS/Booster model, we drove up to Billings for some shopping and dropped off the model at the FedEx facility at the Billings airport on Monday February 5. We had UPS pack it, but since I get a considerable airline employee discount with FedEx, it was well worth the time and expense of going to Billings and have FedEx overnight it to Washington, DC. They did their job fantastically, and it was in the hands of the proper people on Tuesday February 6. It was briefly inspected for any damage, and it looks like it arrived without incident or any damage.

So, all these projects I did for the NASM, the P-51 Mustang III, the Me-163 Komet, the 15 1/72nd scale B-17G models, the Discovery Space Shuttle, and now the TDRS/Booster model that will go inside the cargo bay of the shuttle, are now "staged" in place for when the time comes to install them in the various display galleries. I'm very much looking forward to that, it was a long year getting all these projects completed. Now, we wait. It probably will be at least a year before the physical galleries have been constructed and finished that we will be ready to install all these models. I'll report back on this thread as things progress to seeing them on display. I hope to get some pictures of all of them and post here, in time. Thanks to all who have visited this thread and especially to those who have commented or complimented the work I have been busy doing.

I'll be happy to respond to any comments in the meantime as we countdown the weeks and months to where these models will take the stage on display.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

davegee, as will I and per usual, nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
              X