You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of EDF Jets would you like us to carry?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Get the official license from Vought and go with an A7 Corsair or the F8 Crusader
    Either one of these "Man Eaters" would be really cool but the only draw back to a lot of these jets is the gear(tire size) basically relegates them to tarmac RC pilots. :P
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      "Delivery system", Quitcherbitchen? From the guy who makes an excellent bomb drop setup? I see what you did there ;) Hahaha.

I agree the F9F would be a nice model. I liked RCLander's 70mm version, and I was holding out hope for SAPAC's 70mm prototype right before they closed their doors. A bigger version would be fun to fly, with lots of wing. While the Panther is a more stable flier with its straight wing, I prefer the look of the swept wing Cougar.
      Alpha the F9F 2, 3, 5, or 6 would all be good in the 80mm size. But I would like to see a model with optional wing tip tanks. The first F9F-2's had no tanks. Nor did the Blue angels first F9Fs. It's a classic bird. The Cougar is too. But if you do a Cougar, how about an F9F-8T / TF-9J. the two seat Cougar looks better IMHO.

And while we are talking 1950's/60's aviation, the T-2 is still on my wishlist. And a TA-4 Scoot.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• OV10,
        Thought about that and indeed you're spot on. The little wheels on the pair of Voughts would be a show stopper for many including myself. Maybe not so bad on an F4J or large A4.
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I think an 80mm T-33 or F9F Panther would check all the boxes. Good flight characteristics, descent wheel size, and classic early jets. Still think the F-106 would be a fantastic choice to fianlly bring an American Delta into the lineup as well.

Comment

• 70mm to 80mm fan size please for good power to weight and 4-5 min flight times, transportability, Affordability( I would rather have 2 $200-$300 models rather than one large $500 90mm.) and storage. Would love an f8 crusader (non scale gear fine with me, see it with fw 70m f104 style gear. F9F in 70mm, 80mm single edf f4(robin olds), i think ww2 era jets would be good sellers(ta152 selling well ? Unique jet might sell as well.) Please, please give us a 70mm he 162 salamander.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• I think the 80mm jets have the right balance of price, power, and looks.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I’m holding out on buying any more EDF jets until the 70 or 80mm F-16XL is available.

Comment

• I like the 80mm size jets too. Don't bother bringing out one that doesn't fly as good as the Avanti though. :)
                  I think one of the new Air Force T-X trainers would be good to try. They are certainly different from everything else out there (Except the T-100) and they will be showing up in the news.
                  Leonardo DRS is a defense contractor developing advanced technologies today, and shaping the battlefield of tomorrow. Find out more.

The only digital, next-generation trainer on the market that meets modern training and low-cost needs

Explore the T-50 Trainer Jet by Lockheed Martin, designed to equip the next generation of pilots to fly, fight, and win, featuring advanced flight capabilities.

Rick Pellicciotti
                  Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post
                    I like the 80mm size jets too. Don't bother bringing out one that doesn't fly as good as the Avanti though. :)
                    I think one of the new Air Force T-X trainers would be good to try. They are certainly different from everything else out there (Except the T-100) and they will be showing up in the news.
                    Leonardo DRS is a defense contractor developing advanced technologies today, and shaping the battlefield of tomorrow. Find out more.

The only digital, next-generation trainer on the market that meets modern training and low-cost needs

Explore the T-50 Trainer Jet by Lockheed Martin, designed to equip the next generation of pilots to fly, fight, and win, featuring advanced flight capabilities.

Rick Pellicciotti
                    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.
                    The T-X looks good. It would be a good choice in 80mm format. The others seem unremarkable design wise.

Comment

• Adnausium Ho 229. doc

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	113586 S3 viking sub hunter twin 70 mm :):):):):)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	113588 PRETTY SWEET

Comment

• I'm kinda digging the whole 70mm platform. I have the Yak 130, F16 Arctic camp and the T45. Would love a Panther in that class and was holding out for a Freewing Hornet release but it looks like FMS beat them to the punch.
                            hope this helps.

Comment

• Waiting for a single 70mm 6s T-38.
                              My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• 80mm mig 15-17
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Better quality electronics in your freewing 90mm jets

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	113588 PRETTY SWEET
                                    OMG YES!!! The most versitile plane in the US NAVY since "The Whale".

Comment

• Skyangel/J-Power 50mm, but replace the bullet connectors for the battery with either a Deans or XT-60.

Comment

• Tired of all the heavy 90mm..2 or 3 min flight time
                                        Would like to see these freewing edfs in 80mm
                                        And 2200g weight. I do love my f18 90mm cause of the weight lands like my f86 , so plz 80mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

The T-X looks good. It would be a good choice in 80mm format. The others seem unremarkable design wise.
                                          Just an update to this. The Boeing TX won the competition and will be the new trainer for the air force. It would be cool to have a Freewing 80mm version.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                          X