Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post
    Hey guys,

I have these back in stock now. Had a short little lull, but all good now and should be for a while!

Chris
    Yep, Was checkin' out your website, placed my FW F-4 burner in the cart and shazam, you mailed it. Thanks. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey guys,

Is there a product out there for weathering the rear fuse from the nozzles back to resemble black soot ? The early B&C F4's were huge black smoke producers. Probably would want the interior of the nozzles to be sooty looking. And then whisked up the tail section . Now that I have my Sundowners built it looks like it just rolled out of the MD Lambert Field facility.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post

Good question! I have the design ready at 29mm ID, just need to print them up, get some pics and then get them posted.
        Awesome! Can’t wait to add them to my SU-35. They look awesome in my F-14

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
          Hey guys,

Is there a product out there for weathering the rear fuse from the nozzles back to resemble black soot ? The early B&C F4's were huge black smoke producers. Probably would want the interior of the nozzles to be sooty looking. And then whisked up the tail section . Now that I have my Sundowners built it looks like it just rolled out of the MD Lambert Field facility.
          dahawk, Ebony Rub and Buff and/or plain old charcoal thinned with mineral spirits, pretty messy stuff though but just rub on and wipe off gently, let dry then shoot clear acrylic flat to keep it from getting on your white chokers. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Elbee,

Probably should posted on the F4 thread. Sorry guys. Will get some rub n buff today.

Hawk
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Thanks Chris! Received my 90mm inrunner. Install was simple and it works great ! Have it in the FW Phantom F4B. Love it!
              Awesome, thanks man!
              http://thercgeek.com
              http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

Hey guys,

I like to use a combination of acrylic washes (oils work too) in different colors and airbrush shading. If you use a flat black airbrush shading back there following all final clear coat, etc., it should look like soot, but the key is to not apply too much. The washes are to bring out all of the uneven details that are back there.

http://thercgeek.com
                http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

RCGeek, Great tip. USPS delivered my LED 90mm AB unit for my Phreewing PH Phour today and it is gorgeous. Thank you. I am faster now. Sierra Hotel. Best, LB:)
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi all,has any one whom has flown thier F4 before the afterburner noticed any thrust loss since installation?

Comment

No - the lights sit in the center of the motor and it doesn't impede the air flow - there's no negative affect.
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        No - the lights sit in the center of the motor and it doesn't impede the air flow - there's no negative affect.
                        Thanks Mudduck,putting it on my to do list!

Comment

Quick question, will this work for the flexjet as well?

Comment

I believe the Flex jet uses the Taft 90mm outrunner fan. If you can send me some detailed pics and dimensions of the EDF housing, I can make an adapter to fit this and give it to the Geek to offer....

email me airscaperc@gmail.com

Comment

Good to hear from you Jon and welcome to HobbySquawk. Your center-burner is still working great on my Mig. Really adds to the bling! :)

Comment

I second that, my jaw just about hit the ground and Nefi 2017 when Steve flew the Mig!
                                The most authentic looking afterburner light I've seen so far, now if it would just add a little more thrust, no wait, that would make it the real thing!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

You can always build the Windestahl Afterburner xdd

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    I second that, my jaw just about hit the ground and Nefi 2017 when Steve flew the Mig!
                                    The most authentic looking afterburner light I've seen so far, now if it would just add a little more thrust, no wait, that would make it the real thing!!

Grossman56
                                    The only other EDF afterburner I have seen that is a bit more authentic is the experimental setup that Flitetest did using butane. The cool thing about was that it not only produced a flame coming out the exhaust but it also sounded like an actual afterburner. It would be great to have this done again on a bigger jet with space for more fuel. A butane canister or two could be disguised as a drop tank.
                                    Although this design seamed to produce little additional thrust I am sure it could produce more with an improved design.

Comment

Not sure about the newly revised AMA safety code... but the old safety code definitively banned afterburners.
                                      Either way, its a generally unsafe idea to be operating a flying blowtorch.
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Good to know but I am sure those safety codes are in place just for general protection and liability.
                                        If I were to try this out on my own I would not even think of trying out at an AMA filed. Just like the USAF would test fly their experimental projects at a test site so would something like this.
                                        There are a lot of products made for trucks and sports cars such as nitros kits labeled for off road use only so an eventual working EDF blow torch could be labeled the same.
                                        "For off sanctioned field use only" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by air-jon View Post
                                          I believe the Flex jet uses the Taft 90mm outrunner fan. If you can send me some detailed pics and dimensions of the EDF housing, I can make an adapter to fit this and give it to the Geek to offer....

email me airscaperc@gmail.com
                                          Copy that, I'll see what I can do, I been away camping without use of cellphones. I have a video of some beach flying I did on my trip. Never miss an opportunity to fly :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X