Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MrRCSound "Aspire"

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rc-eflyer View Post

Welcome to the forum Andrew. Should be getting mine tomorrow or Saturday. I've got the 4.1 in 2 aircraft so I'm pretty familiar with the operation in general. Just a couple of quick questions. Are the same exact sounds sent to both outputs in this version? Reason I ask is I have a regular and a bass transducer in my Mustang. Thinking maybe with the new system you might be able to separate certain sounds to take advantage of this. Also, since the sounds are on a micro SD card do you plan on making them available as a digital D/L at some time? Last one, is the manual available for D/L ?

Thanks for your support here,
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    The same secondary amp works with the ASPIRE, with a couple of connector modifications. If you have one from the V4.1, I can walk you through it. If not, I am assembling pre-wired versions for the ASPIRE. I will be talking with Tom, and I am sure he will carry them on Motion. :)

The output is true stereo, putting out independent channels to each speaker. Right now there is no plan to have one sound for a TT-25, and another for a Bass, that would be a complex undertaking, plus not everyone may run the Bass. On twin engine airplane sounds, they will have separate start ups and shut downs from each channel. The RPM sound will also be mixed in a way that the tone is slightly different, so it gives a truer twin engine sound.

I have not fully decided on a digital download yet. It is possible. The card is capable of holding 10 sounds at the moment, and it comes with 10. Which means you would need to back up some, and replace them with the downloaded ones. The other option, which is the way I am leaning, is to do 'packs' like the V4.1. They will come pre-installed on a micro SD.

I don't have the manual up on the web page yet, something I need to do. Just so many things going on. :) If you can give me your email, I can send it to you.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew, thanks for the quick answers. No problem about the manual, I know you must be busy! Tracking shows mine should arrive tomorrow :)......now where did I put those earplugs :rolleyes:?

Steve
      AMA 95495
      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

OK, got the Aspire delivered this afternoon and got to play with it some. First of all, it comes nicely packaged with a TT-25, a battery connector, throttle channel connector, some velcro mounting tape, and a mini DVD. Oh, and Andrew, I did have one thing happen that could have been a "show stopper". When I took the board out of the box for first inspection I thought I heard something very faintly hit the hardwood floor in the kitchen. Luckily the floor is a light color and when I looked down I saw the MicroSD chip!! Further inspection of the board revealed that the little latching mechanism had come undone in shipping I guess. Separated the boards with the 3 screws and was able to figure out how it inserts and latches. After that little glitch I temporarily installed in my Freewing p-51 and fired her up (minus prop of course) and noticed the difference instantly. Much better startup and shutdown sounds on the Merlin and definitely LOUDER. Also tried the gyro whistle sound function and that seems to work fine.
        I'm a little afraid of installing it in the same place I had the 4.1 since there is no airflow there and the heatsink will be pretty close the the foam hatch cover. I could install it under the battery tray up front where there is some airflow but that would put it direcly over the bass transducer up there and that gets pretty hot itself. Have you done any testing as to how tolerent the board is to heat? Will it just shut down or is there a chance of damage to it?

Thanks,
        Steve
        AMA 95495
        Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
        Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

I received my Aspire system when released. I had some issue with the TT-25 wires being reversed and would not fit the board's polarity. I emailed Andrew and we sorted out the problem quickly. Andrew responds to emails promptly if you need help. I installed in my A1 Sky Raider, using one TT-25 base and one regular TT-25. The sound and quality are just awesome, compared to the Version 4.1. I think you will love this new system.

Comment

Originally posted by mrrcsound View Post
            Hey guys!
            This is Andrew with MrRCSound. If you have any questions about the new ASPIRE sound unit, please ask! I am here to help!

Andrew
            Hey Andrew, I'm seriously looking at this system. What is the weight of the complete system, using two speakers? The reason I ask is I'm thinking of putting it in my new Freewing P51. I recently covered it in Flit Metal and as a result, sh'es pretty tail heavy, so, instead of a bunch of dead weight, I'd rather put in a sound system. Also, what if I went a bass speaker.
            I watched the video of your system and was impressed with what I heard, love the idea of being able to rig the gun sounds and lights as well.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer View Post
              OK, got the Aspire delivered this afternoon and got to play with it some. First of all, it comes nicely packaged with a TT-25, a battery connector, throttle channel connector, some velcro mounting tape, and a mini DVD. Oh, and Andrew, I did have one thing happen that could have been a "show stopper". When I took the board out of the box for first inspection I thought I heard something very faintly hit the hardwood floor in the kitchen. Luckily the floor is a light color and when I looked down I saw the MicroSD chip!! Further inspection of the board revealed that the little latching mechanism had come undone in shipping I guess. Separated the boards with the 3 screws and was able to figure out how it inserts and latches. After that little glitch I temporarily installed in my Freewing p-51 and fired her up (minus prop of course) and noticed the difference instantly. Much better startup and shutdown sounds on the Merlin and definitely LOUDER. Also tried the gyro whistle sound function and that seems to work fine.
              I'm a little afraid of installing it in the same place I had the 4.1 since there is no airflow there and the heatsink will be pretty close the the foam hatch cover. I could install it under the battery tray up front where there is some airflow but that would put it direcly over the bass transducer up there and that gets pretty hot itself. Have you done any testing as to how tolerent the board is to heat? Will it just shut down or is there a chance of damage to it?

Thanks,
              Steve
              Many apologies for not getting back sooner Steve. Things have been crazy here the past week.

Sorry about the SD card issue. I will double check to make sure they are all latched in place. Sometimes they feel like they latch, but they don't.

You should have some airflow, but a lot is not needed. The board is very robust with protection. It has protection for over voltage, backwards voltage, and 2 types of heat protection. The amplifier has built on thermal protection, and will shut down if it gets too hot. There is also code written in for the processor heat protection, so it will also shut down if it hits too high. Worst case, you may loose sound, or have sound cut out. It will not harm the board, it is designed to shut off before it does.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Hey Andrew, I'm seriously looking at this system. What is the weight of the complete system, using two speakers? The reason I ask is I'm thinking of putting it in my new Freewing P51. I recently covered it in Flit Metal and as a result, sh'es pretty tail heavy, so, instead of a bunch of dead weight, I'd rather put in a sound system. Also, what if I went a bass speaker.
                I watched the video of your system and was impressed with what I heard, love the idea of being able to rig the gun sounds and lights as well.

Grossman56
                I seem to recall 10.6oz with 2 TT-25s. The bass transducer will add about 2oz more. They are quite heavy. Personal opinion is that the TT-25s are all that is needed. :)

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by mrrcsound View Post

Many apologies for not getting back sooner Steve. Things have been crazy here the past week.

Sorry about the SD card issue. I will double check to make sure they are all latched in place. Sometimes they feel like they latch, but they don't.

You should have some airflow, but a lot is not needed. The board is very robust with protection. It has protection for over voltage, backwards voltage, and 2 types of heat protection. The amplifier has built on thermal protection, and will shut down if it gets too hot. There is also code written in for the processor heat protection, so it will also shut down if it hits too high. Worst case, you may loose sound, or have sound cut out. It will not harm the board, it is designed to shut off before it does.

Andrew
                    No apology needed I'm sure your hands are full. Great to know how robust the system is. Makes me feel much better about my install. It's been super hot here St. Louis and no relief in the near future so might be a while before I get a chance to fly, but I'll report back here how it goes.

Thanks
                    Steve
                    AMA 95495
                    Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                    Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!! Got to fly Iron Ass with the Aspire today and it was worth the wait. Setup is the bass transducer in the front speaker well and the standard tt-25 in the aft well. Also this was the first flight with the 85A ESC and the zip-tie modded prop.

AMA 95495
                      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Looks and sounds good RC, if anyone questions the motor noise when the props not turning, I just tell them I have the clutch in.
                        They go,"Oh" and that that's the end of it!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Looks and sounds good RC, if anyone questions the motor noise when the props not turning, I just tell them I have the clutch in.

Grossman56
                          That's a good one Gman.:p

Comment

Grossman56
                            Thanks Gman, have to remember that one. Although, most people nowadays don't know what a "clutch" is :rolleyes:.

Steve
                            AMA 95495
                            Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                            Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

I do not know how many are going for the four speaker set up. It seems that most are just doing the card and two speakers. I found a glitch in the Aspire if your doing four speaker setup. When you do a four speaker set up you have another amp that connects to the aspire and the two additional speakers connect to the amp. You also have another power tap for the amp just like you do the card. The 4.1 was the same. This is the glitch I have found. If you power up the card and the two speakers and actuate that card in anyway. Such as changing channels or doing a start up, whatever it does not seem to matter. Then you hook the secondary amp to the power tap, you will damage your aspire card and it will no longer work. You can not power up the card and actuate it if your going to power up the amp amp. You must power up the amp and the card before you actuate the card at all. My advice is always power up the amp first then the card. I had two aspire cards quit working. Sent them both back and they was repaired and sent back. Good service. I got them back. I get them back and it happens again! I finally recorded the final card before it died to see exactly what it was I was doing. That is when it hit me! I noticed that it was because of the amp being powered up AFTER the aspire card had been actuated. Now, for those of you who have the 4.1 you know that as soon as you power that card up the card will say Airplane 2 or 3 or whatever channel the card is set on. Then you can plug in your amp and its no big deal. The Aspire card does not do that. So, for some reason the external amp if powered up AFTER the Aspire card has been actuated is causing the Aspire to stop functioning. I do not know why but I now know what is causing it. Anyway, I have been in contace with MrRC and they have both my cards again. Will follow up Monday or sometime next week. But, I am pretty certain I found a glitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X