You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To's, Bug Fix Updates and Requests, Etc...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's, Bug Fix Updates and Requests, Etc...

Everyone -

This will be the primary thread to discuss How To's, latest bug fixes, updates, requests and anything relative to your Hobby Squawk experience on the new software platform.

Thanks for your continued support!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Thanks Aros, the fix for load times worked!
    Pat

Comment

Fantastic!
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I believe we fixed the issue of read topics not being shown as read (they are left bold even though you read the post). You may have to refresh the page or move around various forum topics for the display to change, but the system should now be correctly tracking the posts/topics that you have already read.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Yes, I saw that got fixed. Looks likes it's working fine for me now.
          Pat

Comment

I notice youtube videos are not embedding in the new forum software but are showing up as URLs. I prefer to use Vimeo but I assume the same situation may exist for it? Is there some vbulletin plug-in that you all will be using or some way we will eventually be able to embed videos into our posts? I confess I have not yet even tried to embed a Vimeo video. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
              I notice youtube videos are not embedding in the new forum software but are showing up as URLs. I prefer to use Vimeo but I assume the same situation may exist for it? Is there some vbulletin plug-in that you all will be using or some way we will eventually be able to embed videos into our posts? I confess I have not yet even tried to embed a Vimeo video. Thanks!
              This is only an issue with videos which were brought over from the old forum. Any new videos you post will be embedded into the forum message itself. Here's how
              1. when you go to post your message click on the little A in message window to bring up the advanced editor
              2. click the insert video link (little icon that looks a video reel)
              3. paste the URL of your video and click ok
              4. it should look like this:

Comment

We are tracking an issue with our subscription system. It appears that users who did not subscribe to a post are receiving post reply notifications. And, users who are trying to subscribe to a post are not receiving email alerts or they are only receiving the alerts in their HobbySquawk inbox instead of via email. This is a complex bug so it may take us a bit of time to resolve. In the meantime, we apologize if you are receiving incorrect subscription emails, please know we are working to resolve the issue.

Mark

Comment

New problem today when using my iPhone. When reading posts in the threads the blue box with the avatar and the post are offset side to side and run off both sides of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                    New problem today when using my iPhone. When reading posts in the threads the blue box with the avatar and the post are offset side to side and run off both sides of the screen.
                    We are aware of this and will fix it.. We are trying to make your avatars larger and this seems to have screwed up the arrangement of info when viewed on a mobile device.

Comment

Ok it's back to normal already. Thanks for the prompt reply. Like I said earlier I wouldn't trade places with yall right now trying to figure all this out and fix it. Hopefully everyone will be patient and Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks Mark! I think I am going to try to post a video (Vimeo) in this post to see how it all works....

Okkkk...not seeing the lower case "a" used to call up the advanced editor?

I have searched my profile and explored all the settings and cannot for the life of me find how to access the advanced editor?! I really don't think something is configured correctly in vbulletin to give me (and maybe others also?) access to the advanced editor?

Comment

Hey Bajora, click on the "A" icon in the top right of the post editor. That is the Advanced Editor feature. That should do it!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

After learning to use this new format a little better I really like it. Question what does the stickey mean? And what does the blinking green dot signify?

Comment

Really liking the new format. I love being able to like posts. Seeing color and little tweaks and fixes happening right before my eyes. Awesome!

Comment

Green dot means the person is online
                                No Buddy List??

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Gman what about the stickey

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    Hey Bajora, click on the "A" icon in the top right of the post editor. That is the Advanced Editor feature. That should do it!

Here is a screen capture of what I am seeing when I try to edit a post. I just don't see that letter a!?

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                      Thanks Gman what about the stickey
                                      sticky is a message that will always be in the top of the message list. Only moderators and admins can add sticky messages. We use stickys to communicate important info that we want everyone to see.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post

Here is a screen capture of what I am seeing when I try to edit a post. I just don't see that letter a!?
                                        Look at the yellow circle in the attached picture

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X