You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To's, Bug Fix Updates and Requests, Etc...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tnx Mark BUT, that is exactly my problem. I do not have that same icon. i only have one icon and it is for attachments. Please see my attached capture, with my yellow circle. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
      Tnx Mark BUT, that is exactly my problem. I do not have that same icon. i only have one icon and it is for attachments. Please see my attached capture, with my yellow circle. :)

1. what device and web browser are you using?
      2. did you click the " Quote button to get to the view shown in your attachment?
      3. what happens when you click the post reply button at the top of the page? do you see the advanced editor or just the attachment button.

Comment

Using an iPad mini 2 at this moment. I can try my iPad Air 2 and/or PC when I get home.

I clicked the Edit button to bring that up.

I have a blue Post Reply at the bottom of my page. It is at the bottom right edge of the box I am comprising this reply in.

Comment

Using an iPad mini 2 at this moment. I can try my iPad Air 2 and/or PC when I get home.

I clicked the Edit button to bring that up.

I have a blue Post Reply at the bottom of my page. It is at the bottom right edge of the box I am comprising this reply in.
          I sent you a PM, please review.

I believe this issue may be isolated, however, if anyone else is missing the little "A" Advanced Editor icon, please let me know .

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
            I sent you a PM, please review.

I believe this issue may be isolated, however, if anyone else is missing the little "A" Advanced Editor icon, please let me know .

Mark
            Thanks Mark, PM read and replied.

Comment

Mark,

I just installed Chrome on my iPad Air 2 and still am lacking acess to the advanced editor when using it to access the site. Crazy huh?!

Comment

I just created a new account Mark, to see if the problem was tied to my account. The second account has the same problem. No advanced editor. :(

Comment

Thanks Mark, PM read and replied.
                  I just found my iPad Air and tried this. I was able to replicate the issue using the Safari and Chrome browsers. This is what I found:
                  1. if you post a reply you see the camera icon, post link icon and attachment icon
                  2. if you are editing one of your existing posts you will only see the attachment icon.
                  3. the advanced editor button does not appear using safari or chrome on an ipad (I'm not sure about either on an Apple desktop?)

I then tried Google Chrome on my Android tablet and the Advanced editor icon showed up as expected. So I can only surmise that this is somehow an bug with iOS devices. I will log this with our developers.

Mark

Comment

Looks like you are onto it now Mark! Sorry to cause you so much grief! Thanks again! JB

Comment

Another FWIW... Installed Firefox on the iPad and saw the A the first time I went to create a new thread. But only the first time. After that it is also missing in FF.

Comment

sticky is a message that will always be in the top of the message list. Only moderators and admins can add sticky messages. We use stickys to communicate important info that we want everyone to see.

Mark
                        Thanks I'm a little behind on some of the lingo.

Comment

Another FWIW... Installed Firefox on the iPad and saw the A the first time I went to create a new thread. But only the first time. After that it is also missing in FF.
                          It's definitely an iOS thing. I contacted the software vendor this morning and made them aware of the bug. They have entered it into their tracking system and will assign a developer to investigate shortly. These things can be quick or can take months, it all depends on the complexity of the fix. Hope you can get buy without adv editor in the meantime.

Comment

It's definitely an iOS thing. I contacted the software vendor this morning and made them aware of the bug. They have entered it into their tracking system and will assign a developer to investigate shortly. These things can be quick or can take months, it all depends on the complexity of the fix. Hope you can get buy without adv editor in the meantime.
                            Tnx Mark. A PC is never far away! :)

Comment

any chance of having the page numbers below the thread titles ,so you can click on the last page (or 1st ,2nd ,whatever) instead of having to go into the thread first? hope that make since..
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Indeed TSHobbies, that is definitely on our task list. We would like that as well. :)
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                  any chance of having the page numbers below the thread titles ,so you can click on the last page (or 1st ,2nd ,whatever) instead of having to go into the thread first? hope that make since..
                                  I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you click the little blue arrows (looks like a fast forward icon) next to the post, it automatically takes you to the last post of the thread. See the image below, the buttons are circled in yellow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ff icon.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	30388

Comment

Thank you, that will save a bit of time!

Comment

I have been trying for 6 days to get my password to change. I can log onto forum using the temporary password I was given. Yet when I try to change my Password in settings it says that the password I am using to log in with is Invalid. I have requested a password change via "contact us" with no response. I dont seem to have the option to change what it says below my user name under avatar either.....
                                      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
                                      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
                                      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
                                      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Sending you a private message olwarbirds...
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

thankyou Mark,didnt notice that.
                                          www.TSHobbies.com
                                          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X