X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I got a similar setup and have enjoyed it. I am planning to get a compressor with a tank on it though as the pressure drops considerably if you hold the trigger down. I have also gotten an in-line moisture trap that I mount right on the gun as enough spraying can lead to condensation getting to the nozzle. Not anymore!
    Mine seems to keep the pressure steady. But like you said, if you hold the trigger, it's running. So far mine has not become hot. So I think it's fine for painting 1/8 or smaller scale birds as is. A tank couldn't hurt though.

I'm building a roller cart to house my airbrush, paints, and all accessories.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Not taking any chances with my Grex airbrush. They say don't and that's good enough for me. I figure they know. Maybe I'm just being over cautious.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I got this off the internet. So take it for what it's worth. But it echoes my experience with other tools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-10-27 09-16-58.png
Views:	338
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	158367
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Well there ya go.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            I got a similar setup and have enjoyed it. I am planning to get a compressor with a tank on it though as the pressure drops considerably if you hold the trigger down. I have also gotten an in-line moisture trap that I mount right on the gun as enough spraying can lead to condensation getting to the nozzle. Not anymore!
            Yeah a moisture trap is much needed. I have one like the in my post just above and a in line trap on my hose. It does help. With heavy continues spraying it doesn't take long for moisture to show and when that does it ain't good.
            Still Learning:D

Comment

I have the Patriot 105 and a California air tools compressor with a 1 gallon tank. It holds 100psi. I did add a moisture trap.
              I drain the air from the tank after each use to keep the tank free from moisture.

Tom

Comment

I was a professional custom bike painter for quite a few years. I quit because the long hours kicked my butt and ruined my eyes and back.

I still swear by my Iwata Revolution which has the .05mm tip to accomodate thicker paints. I used Auto Air, which was water based and pretty much non-toxic.

My compressor was a splurge and tax dedutctable. A Silent-Aire 50. At the time I paid $600 ...now it's about $1,000 new. The piston runs in an oil bath, and it is amazingly quiet! Excellent reliable piece of equipment and well worth the money.

Sometimes I airbrush out of the garage and use a cheapy Craftsman $99 compressor.
                PLUS: 3 gallon tank!
                MINUS: LOUD!!!!

I also have an oilless diaphragm Scorpion II for portability...has a small tank and great for small jobs.

AVOID: any compressor that doesn't have a tank....your airbrushing will show the pulses of the piston compressing, and even with a moisture trap, the moisture builds up and a splat is inevitable. You NEED a tank to draw the air from for smooth and moisture free spraying.

AVOID: Compressed air cans....they will freeze up your airbrush and are basically useless.

Comment

I have been using this $89 point zero set for over a year now on the Merry Boozer RC channel and have hade zero issues with it. For a great starting out. That being said I have also had a chance to try the new bench craft airbrush set and it works excellent. If I was in the market now for my first airbrush it would definitely come from motionrc. Although I haven’t had issues out of my amazon special I would trust motionrc customer service way more. Anyway if you have any questions about the little kit I will gladly answer her is a link to it.
                  PointZero Multi-Purpose Airbrush Kit with Compressor Crafts Hobby Art Cake Decorating https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHVKFBG..._m63MEbDENTR96

Comment

Working...
                  X