Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Teeks,
    I am still active as I noted in post 22 but here's the catch, you got to get almost another 30 years under your belt to catch me.
    You keep on rockin too brother, it's what keeps your soul young.

Hate to play this card, but I've only been around on this earth for 27 years so 13 is a pretty decent percentage of that :D

Comment

Originally posted by owyheeguy View Post
      OOOOOOHHHHHH ya Doc. That would be the DRUMMER. You have no idea of how many drummer jocks I've herd. Do you know how to tell if the stage is level? Look at the drummer to see which side of his mouth he is drooling from! Just call me Animal. The sad but true tale of a boy and his drums.
      This is great, believe it or not, I played in a top 40/original band(s) for many years. Played a lot of Australian (Angel City, Men at Work etc) band music for some reason. My cousin, who played drums was about 6'2" and a big red afro, nickname? Animal!
      Sadly, he passed about five years ago. I swear when I fire up the amp and play all the old stuff, he's right there.
      So, is there a correlation between musicians and airplanes!?
      Yep, Martin, that counts as well!!
      So, I had to go to the top of the page to remember the Subject of this thread!

Guys, whatever it is, its great to hang with a bunch with similar backgrounds, no wonder we can all relate to each other so well. As in bands, there is a brotherhood, so there is in R/C
      Fly on my friends, Fly on!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Teeks, glad to have you aboard and hope you can stand a bunch of old rockers!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
          The term "Hair Band" come to mind. This obviously is before the time male pattern baldness raises its ugly head! Ah, so much is wasted on youth.
          I think he means so much hair wasted on the youth! I was right there with you, not quite as long but pretty dang close. Came off the road a few times all skin bones and hair. You get hit with those Par 64 lights loaded with 1,000 watts per, man its instant sweat!!
          Still have my Strat and my Peavy Vandenburg, traded in the Marshall for something a little more portable!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

But seriously folks..............

Team Gross!

Comment

Not just hair, I'm thinking eye sight and spacial orientation, AKA flying skills

Comment

This is from 2008, yours truly was a front man as well..lol

Comment

Oh God, another one! I think we ex rockers dominate here. The only thing I have on video is actually on video and not in the greatest shape, one of these days I'll have to get it transferred over to DVD!!
                  Great video Ryan, love all the Rickenbackers!!
                  Always a trip down memory lane. My stuff is from the 80's playing live at one of the local clubs up in Canada.
                  Think if this keeps up, we'll have to start our own thread rather than stretching this one!!!

Pretty cool guys

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I was thinking something along the lines the "Music of RC bands, has it helped with your timing of the elevator and rudder"

Comment

Ryan, another front man/guitarist - respect my brother. Not only were you Ricken it but so was your bass!
                      The only way to top that sort of class is by actually wearing what you play.
                      So feast your globular organs on this my fellow fret frenetics.
                      This is my Fender California acoustic electric that I got in 80 and then inked it 20 years ago on my 40th.
                      35+ years and six refrettings later and it is still an every gig performer today!
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Uh Charlie, that's your arm man!
                        I'll have to dig up the pic I have of my 63 Fender Strat. Unfortunately, I was young and stupid and traded it in on a '72 Blonde Fender Strat which was ultimately stolen from me. I'd kill to have either one back now.
                        Yep, nothing sweeter than a Rickenbacker bass, my brother in law had the only fretless Rickenbacker bass I ever saw, extremely unique. My boss at work has one of two prototype guitars from the guitar player from Pantera, sorry, wrong generation, so I can't recall his name.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Dude....Uh yeah, it's my right one and you should see the rest of the sleeve and the left sleeve too!!!
                          I purposely lead into the pic by saying "actually wearing what you play" versus holding, carrying, strapped on(enough.... that sounds.... you know) HAAAA
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I bought a bone white Gibson SG for $200 when I was 17. It was stolen. I think it would be worth something like $12,000 today! I replaced it with a '64' cherry red sunburst ES 335, which the little ex talked me into selling... Around $14,000 today. Oh well...now, I have a cherry red ES 335 just like Chuck Berry's. Who, by the way, when he's not in jail, is still kicking, and playing! I also love my Fender Jazzman bass. Doc

Comment

Alright, you guys asked for it, now its time to get nasty....
                              Me in the 80's playing one of the local clubs
                              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

That'll teach you...

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Hey short fuse,
                                Now I understand why I see you wearing the leather vest in a lot of your plane pics, ie your avatar.
                                Is that the ash or maple blonde strat? I had a maple but had to forgo the whammy, always creeping out of tune so often.
                                This is just so weird on how many musicians are now getting our freek on with warbirds!!!
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

I was a tinkerer back in those days too, I figured out how to get them to work pretty well. Maple BTW
                                  But hey, I'm thinking we're upsetting people with the topic creep here.
                                  But hey, anyone still want to talk bands, PM me, its fun!!

Sorry guys, I guess we're all kids at heart
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Sheeez, Dan! You actually wore that?! What was the topic of this thread again?!!! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      I was a tinkerer back in those days too, I figured out how to get them to work pretty well. Maple BTW
                                      But hey, I'm thinking we're upsetting people with the topic creep here.
                                      But hey, anyone still want to talk bands, PM me, its fun!!

Sorry guys, I guess we're all kids at heart
                                      No need to be as exclusive as in a PM format. I was thinking a new thread like "Music of RC bands, has it helped with your timing of the elevator and rudder" this would still keep it under the stated mission of Hobby Squawk being an Aviation topic rather than just an "Art". We really don't want this site to become a LTUP, do we?

Comment

I sure know when a motors RPM isn't right. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
                                          We really don't want this site to become a LTUP, do we?
                                          OK, don't know what that LTUP acronym is so I googled it with multiple varied explanations that really had nothing to do with this forum site and I'm gonna take a shot at "License To Use Pesticides" wasn't what you meant. The social media world has so many shortened phrases in varying degrees that it has almost gotten to the point it feels like your reading special cypher code any more. How hard would it have been to spell out the four words? Just a simple question and not an invitation for a debate.
                                          Regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X