X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
    Then there was the high speed low pass with the Dynam Me262, bounced it off a fire hydrant at appx 100 mph... continued flying. Nose gear needed work.
    And the pilot needed to change his pants...
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Then there was the first fun fly at my current club.
      I could barely handle figure 8 laps around the field at that time... but they talked me into trying.

Almost hit the CD (with the airplane) twice.
      Broke the back of the airplane 3 times. (glued it back together with CA and 5 min epoxy... off we go... CRUNCH!)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Remember to disconnect the motor battery from the ESC immediately . If you forget to disconnect, you may have an unplanned startup in the pits when you attempt to take off another model ( If you don't have Spektrum "model match")

Comment

Originally posted by E-Challenged View Post
          Remember to disconnect the motor battery from the ESC immediately . If you forget to disconnect, you may have an unplanned startup in the pits when you attempt to take off another model ( If you don't have Spektrum "model match")
          Disconnecting the motor battery after a crash is a smart move but it won't do anything to how the TX was last left after a crash. You still have to make sure that the throttle is lowered and for double safety, hit the throttle cut.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Challenged View Post
            Model match is so nice to have ..

Comment

Was flying a 90mm EDF straight and level downwind leg at 2/3 throttle with landing gear deployed. aircraft rolled 180° on its back and proceeded to nose in to the ground. Checked all servos after crash they seem to be functioning , battery was ejected on impact so I could not verify if there was a signal interruption. Any ideas on what could have caused this scenario? Thanks, Ken

Comment

Hi Ken, were flaps deployed? I have had flaps deployment where only one deploys causing a roll moment...Luckily I was able to save it. That could cause a roll like that. If a servo gets stuck it could cause a roll...Of course loss of signal or momentary brown out could cause that as well...Unfortunately without some kind of advanced telemetry it may be impossible to know with 100% certainty. Sorry to hear about the crash!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                X