You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAR FREEWING ... PLEASE PLEASE ..,MAKE A TWIN 80MM SU-47 ,, A TWIN 80MM SR-71 OR MAYBE A TWIN 80MM B2B and B1B. Thank you

Comment

• DEAR FREEWING ... PLEASE PLEASE ..,MAKE A TWIN 80MM SU-47 ,, A TWIN 80MM SR-71 OR MAYBE A TWIN 80MM B2B and B1B. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by heliporte View Post
        DEAR FREEWING ... PLEASE PLEASE ..,MAKE A TWIN 80MM SU-47 ,, A TWIN 80MM SR-71 OR MAYBE A TWIN 80MM B2B and B1B. Thank you
        Be aware that because of issues with black paint causing a gatoring effect on black painted foam when exposed to sunlight there will never be any models that will come painted black from the factory.
        The B-1b might be the most feasible to do if painted a darkish grey . A B-2 Spirit model might need to have flight stabilizer to make it fly well.

Comment

• A skin is coming..... Back in the 90's, the E-Z line of ARF's was foam (egg carton) under a pre-printed film, and over a balsa and ply frame....
          . Worked great! Today's tech is way better, so I am just waiting!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Be aware that because of issues with black paint causing a gatoring effect on black painted foam when exposed to sunlight there will never be any models that will come painted black from the factory.
            The B-1b might be the most feasible to do if painted a darkish grey . A B-2 Spirit model might need to have flight stabilizer to make it fly well.
            That's not true, Dynam has the P-61 Black Widow and it's all black. No idea how it's holding up for it's owners.

Comment

• I would like to see Freewing do a 90mm F4D Skyray and a 90mm RA5C Vigilanti or even the S-3 Viking.
              Attached Files

EAA# 1366802
              AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                I would like to see Freewing do a 90mm F4D Skyray and a 90mm RA5C Vigilanti or even the S-3 Viking.
                Any of these would be cool with me, especially a Viking!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

That's not true, Dynam has the P-61 Black Widow and it's all black. No idea how it's holding up for it's owners.
                  I don't know how it's holding up, but I know the quality and the build was horrible! Worst of any Dynamic product.
                  Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Any of these would be cool with me, especially a Viking!
                    Yes, a Viking would be awesome as I don;t think I have ever seen one of these in R/C.

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

Comment

• Used to be a fairly common model and then just disappeared

Comment

Yes, a Viking would be awesome as I don;t think I have ever seen one of these in R/C.
                        Kiero was the only viable source out there for a Viking and still makes the 59" ws 70mm EDF laser cut balsa kit.
                        Every report I saw on it was that it's flight characteristics was superb.
                        But a foamy by FW would be spectacular and would scratch an itch for another Navy bird.:Cool:
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Alpha had stated back in August that black paint was out of the question for them. "It's not a Blackbird, sadly. Until black paint plays well with EPO foam, it's out of the question for us. And it's not a Foxbat, either, although that would be fun!"

Comment

• I would also like to see an S-3 Viking not only for it's uniqueness but also because according to former pilots it was a great flying plane that was very maneuverable.
                            I was surprised how many cool looking liveries there were for the Viking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S-3 Viking 1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	161747

Comment

• I'd love to see some playmates for the 1600mm Spitfire and P38 - P51, P47, Bf109, FW190, Hurricane; or an updated 1410-1500 P51 and some similar playmates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                I'd love to see some playmates for the 1600mm Spitfire and P38 - P51, P47, Bf109, FW190, Hurricane; or an updated 1410-1500 P51 and some similar playmates.
                                MRC has more interest in doing new never been done before models. The P-51 has been way over done by just about everyone but maybe an update might be feasible.

There already is a pretty good FW 1600mm P-38 by the way. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...fic-silver-pnp

Comment

I would like to see Freewing do a 90mm F4D Skyray and a 90mm RA5C Vigilanti or even the S-3 Viking.
                                  Theoretically, any of the three could be Project Trident. FMS USED to have a nice F4D, but won't re-issue it, but I WOULD like to see a twin 50 mm Viking. The last shipboard job I had was working with the data collection systems of the S-3, and during my entire time in the Navy they tried everything with that airframe, from intel gatherer, tp cargo, and tanker, aside from ASW ops. About the only thing they didn't try was as a bomber, and I bet it'd do a better job than the Hornet or Lightning II. And as far as a RC plane, I think it would make a great EDF trainer, since it's a high-wing like a Cub or Cessna.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Theoretically, any of the three could be Project Trident. FMS USED to have a nice F4D, but won't re-issue it, but I WOULD like to see a twin 50 mm Viking. The last shipboard job I had was working with the data collection systems of the S-3, and during my entire time in the Navy they tried everything with that airframe, from intel gatherer, tp cargo, and tanker, aside from ASW ops. About the only thing they didn't try was as a bomber, and I bet it'd do a better job than the Hornet or Lightning II. And as far as a RC plane, I think it would make a great EDF trainer, since it's a high-wing like a Cub or Cessna.
                                    I agree with you totally. I sure wish FMS or Freewing would pursue this plane.

EAA# 1366802
                                    AMA# 631508

Comment

• A twin 50mm is way too small for a Viking model to be successful and appeal to a wide customer base. Its at the extreme end of small in the EDF chart of 50-120mm. Just with everything it would have to have meet at the middle to have the right balance.
                                      I would say twin 70mm would be the ideal size to appeal the most to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                        A twin 50mm is way too small for a Viking model to be successful and appeal to a wide customer base. Its at the extreme end of small in the EDF chart of 50-120mm. Just with everything it would have to have meet at the middle to have the right balance.
                                        I would say twin 70mm would be the ideal size to appeal the most to everyone.
                                        Just stating MY preferred size based on my Art-Tech F-14.

Comment

• They did use the S-3 as a bomber late in its service life with Mavericks and other assorted bombs/missiles. The Navy opted for the F-18 instead so the plane was eventually retired.

Comment

Working...
                                          X