You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And after banning him our team was in the midst of deleting all comments relating to it, someone hit the wrong button on the thread. We are working to try and get it back, but this thread works just fine

Party on Wayne!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
      And after banning him our team was in the midst of deleting all comments relating to it, someone hit the wrong button on the thread. We are working to try and get it back, but this thread works just fine

Party on Wayne!
      The mob outside with pitch forks and torches needs answers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'll give you the cliff notes:

1. You are a boring, vanilla pilot with no experience or skill if you do not believe the FW SU-35 is the holy grail of RC jets and all others are junk.
        2. If you disagree with #1, you are an idiot.
        LOL, that actually does sum it up pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
          And after banning him our team was in the midst of deleting all comments relating to it, someone hit the wrong button on the thread. We are working to try and get it back, but this thread works just fine

Party on Wayne!
          Party on Garth! LOL

Comment

• He claimed to be an "Ace". His arrogance wouldn't allow him to not boast just how "educated" he was. I have found throughout my lifetime, that when someone mixes a small bit of education with large bits of arrogance, the reality is that he really wasn't as smart as he said he was. I mean, just how much intelligence did it take to know better than to use a little stick to poke at the wrong bears? What was it that Forrest Gump's mom said to him?

Comment

• Yeah the low down is that I was tasked with looking into this guy. I quickly determined he was a troll not worth any more of our time. In my haste while multi-tasking, I accidentally deleted the THREAD instead of the POSTS I had selected. It's not entirely difficult to do if you're not 100% focused (the editing tools are very similar and side-by-side) but the repercussions are massive, especially when you delete a giant thread with thousands of posts. DOH!!!

We are looking into seeing if it's possible to retrieve the thread...We should know in about a week's time or so.

My sincere apologies to all involved with that thread. Lessons learned and the dunce cap fit all too nicely that day.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Interesting Day indeed.. You folks did good with dat one.

W

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee
                  James, Seems to me it was instead he "who poked [all the wrong] bear[s]". Best, LB
                  Bears? Yes a TU-95 would be nice, but getting those counter-rotating props to work would give Alpha a migraine and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Bears? Yes a TU-95 would be nice, but getting those counter-rotating props to work would give Alpha a migraine and then some.
                    Better to build the jet designed to intercept Bears..

Comment

• Hey, stuff happens. If I’ve learned anything from life, it’s that when an error is made... either laugh at it, learn from it or both... and move on.

given the size of that old thread, maybe it was time for a “What’s Next Alpha 2.0” anyway?

Comment

• Thanks for the run-down guys looking forward to more of our regular scheduled programming!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Better to build the jet designed to intercept Bears..
                          They all ready have it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1dd2615d58c7d72b851f2f938ccd4a55.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	227189

Comment

A TU-95 would be an interesting subject.
                            As for the counter-rotating props all Alpha would need to do is take a look at the power systems on some of our Pattern (F3A) planes.
                            Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!

The cost would be prohibitive though.
                            Best regards,
                            Cris B.
                            AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                            NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• im only an aussie ..lol but is his suggestion f22 or35 r no good the squeaky wheel,,,,,,, but most get it ,, they r a minority squeaky wheel thatis

Comment

• sorry guys read first post second shhhhoooshh

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

LOL, that actually does sum it up pretty well.
                                  was his name, Tony? We have one of those in our club too...………………..
                                  .How about a big B 58? Four DFs and a big Delta wing

Comment

• Guys, I’ve not read this entire thread, so pardon me if this has been discussed already.
                                    I have always loved the lines on the F-100 super saber, as I recall it was one of my favorite plastic models when I was a kid. I know I can’t be the only one out there with the same feelings seeing how popular the F-86 is, so it makes me wonder why (other than FlyFly who released one several years ago) we don’t see any top epo manufacturers take on this project. Is there something inherently unstable about the design that wouldn’t make it a reliable model?

Comment

• I have wondered this myself many times. I think it might be that the nose of the plane will need a custom injected molded part. The air intake of the F-100 I think??? would have to be a injection molded custom part. I like you think an F-100 Super Saber would be a big hit.

W

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                                        Guys, I’ve not read this entire thread, so pardon me if this has been discussed already.
                                        I have always loved the lines on the F-100 super saber, as I recall it was one of my favorite plastic models when I was a kid. I know I can’t be the only one out there with the same feelings seeing how popular the F-86 is, so it makes me wonder why (other than FlyFly who released one several years ago) we don’t see any top epo manufacturers take on this project. Is there something inherently unstable about the design that wouldn’t make it a reliable model?
                                        I think it has to do with public perception and "publicity". Most people think that the F-86 was the first US jet, and it's been in many movies, By and large, the Century Series isn't very well remembered, because war became unpopular, and in my opinion, the public feels they're "tainted" by Vietnam. And most of the war movies during the 1960s and 1970s were about WWII. And you also had shows like "Black Sheep Squadron" which is why the Corsair is so popular. "Top Gun" spurred interest in the F-14, A-4, and F-5. The F/A-18 has been in many movies and TV shows. And the public wants "new" planes, like the F-35 and F-22.

Comment

I think it has to do with public perception and "publicity". Most people think that the F-86 was the first US jet, and it's been in many movies, By and large, the Century Series isn't very well remembered, because war became unpopular, and in my opinion, the public feels they're "tainted" by Vietnam. And most of the war movies during the 1960s and 1970s were about WWII. And you also had shows like "Black Sheep Squadron" which is why the Corsair is so popular. "Top Gun" spurred interest in the F-14, A-4, and F-5. The F/A-18 has been in many movies and TV shows. And the public wants "new" planes, like the F-35 and F-22.
                                          I don’t really know who primarily are buying these military jets, but everyone in my rc world is 40 to 70 years old and they all can tell you about the Cold War era jets or “Century series” as you put it. Not to discount what you said, but those popular planes like the F-15, F-16 and such are just over played, granted I’m sure they are better flyers, but it seems there’s a longing to fly models of those early jets that we may have only seen in an encyclopedia or from plastic model building.

Comment

Working...
                                          X