You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX F-22's (singe and twin 70mm's) fly great. The twin 70mm F/A-18E and single 70mm F-16 are nice, too. Swapping the stock EDF's with more powerful ones and using heavier batteries without properly reinforcing, that's asking for trouble. And they made a forward-swept wing fighter (Su-37) that flew without needing a gyro. Poop all you want on them today, but they lead the way and raised the bar with the first "superscale" foam jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      LX is always extra weird to me because it’s very hard to judge how well their individual airframes will fly. It’s a strange mix of what works versus what needs a complete redo. Their Wildcat is great pretty much out of the box. Some, like their B-25, need only minor upgrades to be great models. The majority, like their F-117, are great flyers if you totally re-engineer them. I put electric retracts, added a spar, and an FMS EDF in mine and it’s a real sweet flyer! Then there is the last category, the un-attainables. I’ve owned their F-4, F-35, and yes, I actually did own the YF-23. I just thought it was my crappy piloting skills that were the problem! I guess it wasn’t just me. All these machines plus the PAK-50, B-2 and a few others have huge 70+ page threads on RCG with few successful flights despite extensive mods and improvements. It’s just a shame they haven’t strived to improve their standards over the years like every other manufacturer. They do make some beautiful models.
      I'm pretty sure the PAK-50 is a JPower/SkyAngel product. If it is, I'm suprised because they are generally good little jets. As a matter of fact, the first time around, I learned EDFs on the T-45 model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I'm pretty sure the PAK-50 is a JPower/SkyAngel product. If it is, I'm suprised because they are generally good little jets. As a matter of fact, the first time around, I learned EDFs on the T-45 model.
        The 50mm version is a Jpower, the Twin 70mm is the LX version.

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

? 45
          As opposed to a 33 1/3 or 78 RPM record...

(Yeah, yeah... showing my age...)

Comment

• Hawker Hunter. Perfect proportions for an EDF.

Comment

• I'd like to see a F9F Panther or Cougar same size or larger than the new T-33. That would help cover aircraft used in Korea.

Comment

• B-17. Didn't there used to be a Freewing model of one? I know Motion had one back in the day, but I know they could come out with a MUCH better one now.

Comment

• Yes Freewing used to have a B-17. It was okay for the time but you are correct...If they were to ever come out with a new one it would most definitely be New Gen Delicious!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
                    B-17. Didn't there used to be a Freewing model of one? I know Motion had one back in the day, but I know they could come out with a MUCH better one now.
                    AF and Aros, I bought a Freewing Version when it was offered on 'special'. Presume these could have been pieced together from ARFs, but no matter I have yet to build it. Yes, I would buy another updated version if offered. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My hope is for the 2000+mm variety...B-17's have to be big or go home in my book.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• how about a 2000mm mosquito? that would be awesome

Comment

• Hoping for a 2400mm B-29 at some point down the line

Comment

• YAY this thread is back!! :D

Comment

YAY this thread is back!! :D
                              You talking about the missing "what's next Alpha?" thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

You talking about the missing "what's next Alpha?" thread?
                                Yea, I was gonna say.

I think that thread might have gotten nuked by the mods after that thrust vectoring guy started ruffling feathers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Yea, I was gonna say.

I think that thread might have gotten nuked by the mods after that thrust vectoring guy started ruffling feathers
                                  "Ruffling" is a mild term for it.

Comment

• And the worst part, I got the notifications but didn't get to read the drama lol

Comment

And the worst part, I got the notifications but didn't get to read the drama lol
                                      I'll give you the cliff notes:

1. You are a boring, vanilla pilot with no experience or skill if you do not believe the FW SU-35 is the holy grail of RC jets and all others are junk.
                                      2. If you disagree with #1, you are an idiot.

Comment

And the worst part, I got the notifications but didn't get to read the drama lol
                                        You didn't miss much.He basically DEMANDED that all MRC EDFs come with thrust vectoring, even if the original aircraft didn't. And he was of the opinion that if you couldn't fly with thrust vectoring, you shouldn't pick up a transmitter to begin with.

Comment

• Given his low post count and attitude, I’d say he was just a passing troll

*notes own post count* oh the irony!

Comment

Working...
                                          X