You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Valkpilot;n215154]

The thing is that on that short list, practically everybody wants the F-100, and aside from the FlyFly, nobody has made one. I'd even consider it depending on the size and if I can get back up to speed on jets.[/Q

You guys seriously think the F-100 would sell well? It don't do nothing for me, but I would probably buy one just to fly it.

Comment

• I'd buy one. Tis probably a bad thing. W

Comment

• I have one from Jepe at considerable research time and expense to obtain. Haven't got her built yet as the mods to get her to fly decent are extensive, but worth it to me. I'd love to have a FW EPO PNP version that flew well out of the box, 80mm or 90mm. I've always loved the century series jets, F-100 being at the top of that list.

Comment

• An Avro Arrow would be enough to get me to actually try an EDF...

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
            An Avro Arrow would be enough to get me to actually try an EDF...
            Just my personal opinion, but if a delta like the Avro Arrow was to be your first foray into edfs... I'll buy two, and some epoxy. I'd love one myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
              An Avro Arrow would be enough to get me to actually try an EDF...
              Getting an Avro Arrow as your very first EDF is going to depend on the size and cost. If its a cheap 64 -70 mm no problem.
              But if its a 80mm-90mm costing $250+ I would highly suggest starting out with a trainer EDF like a Hawk T1 so you will be ready on day one of a release of your dream jet.

Comment

• I always thought carrier jets with functioning tail hooks would be awesome!

Comment

• Looks pretty, adds weight, does absolutely nothing - do it, Freewing! Guaranteed spare fuselage sales!

Comment

• Originally posted by roxndirt64 View Post
                    I always thought carrier jets with functioning tail hooks would be awesome!
                    Navy jets aren't the only ones to have them. I've seen F-15s and F-16s with them but they operate out of fields with shorter runways than the USAF standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Navy jets aren't the only ones to have them. I've seen F-15s and F-16s with them but they operate out of fields with shorter runways than the USAF standard.
                      I've seen F-15's use the tail hooks for static full burn engine runs, but never to land. Where did that happen? I figured that the landing gear and tail hooks are not built for deck style landing on an F-15.

Comment

• Trying to catch a wire is already a challenge from the cockpit perspective on the DCS simulator but it might be easier on a longer runway with more wires. But If you don't really have a short runway I don't see the point other than the extra thrill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I've seen F-15's use the tail hooks for static full burn engine runs, but never to land. Where did that happen? I figured that the landing gear and tail hooks are not built for deck style landing on an F-15.
                          When I was stationed in New Orleans, sometimes I went to the larger Exchange at JRB Bell Chase. The access road to the base goes along the runway, and it also had a "ready hanger", were I saw a F-16 with a tail hook and an arresting wire at one end of the runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                            Trying to catch a wire is already a challenge from the cockpit perspective on the DCS simulator but it might be easier on a longer runway with more wires. But If you don't really have a short runway I don't see the point other than the extra thrill.

Trust me, if you saw the field that I fly from, you'd agree that arresting gear is appropriate. And a catapult too, preferably EMALS.

Comment

When I was stationed in New Orleans, sometimes I went to the larger Exchange at JRB Bell Chase. The access road to the base goes along the runway, and it also had a "ready hanger", were I saw a F-16 with a tail hook and an arresting wire at one end of the runway.
                              As I understand things in the Air Force those arresting cables are used at the departure ends of the runways in case of emergency, such as having to land faster than normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Getting an Avro Arrow as your very first EDF is going to depend on the size and cost. If its a cheap 64 -70 mm no problem.
                                But if its a 80mm-90mm costing $250+ I would highly suggest starting out with a trainer EDF like a Hawk T1 so you will be ready on day one of a release of your dream jet.
                                Well I didn’t say I’d fly it as my first EDF... only that it would convince me give an EDF a try! And yeah, I’d start with an extra entry-level type. I can crash easily enough without stacking the deck! :)

Comment

• I'm finally excited again because MRC has what I call actual new planes. While they may not be my cup of tea, hope springs again, and got my fingers crossed that something I like, like the vaunted F-100 or even my XB-70 will be next.

Comment

• The comment Valkpilot made on the thread for the new Skynetic Havok thread brought up a nitch that needs to be filled. It can be a real challenge to effectively hand launch the "Toss and Boss" birds. Especially those that are high performance. This can make some folks reluctant to add them to thier hangar. Afterall, who wants to smack up the new bird with a less than perfect launch.

If the product development team were to come up with a universal dolly or catapault launch system, that would work across Skynetic, Freewing and Flightline tossers, it could broaden the market. It might mean making some optional parts to adapt each aircraft to the system. If a customer could buy a $2.99 part (plus the launch system) that would ensure a good launch 99% of the time, they would be more likely to buy a hand launch aircraft that they may not otherwise buy.

Expanding the market for economical "Toss and Boss" birds, plus the additional market for the launch system, seems like it could be a winner.

Comment

• I hate these toss and boss birds, albeit I completely understand the need and market for them. Takeoff and landing on gear, makes up about 75% of my enjoyment from this hobby.

Oh and I'd like a SU-25 Frogfoot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        The comment Valkpilot made on the thread for the new Skynetic Havok thread brought up a nitch that needs to be filled. It can be a real challenge to effectively hand launch the "Toss and Boss" birds. Especially those that are high performance. This can make some folks reluctant to add them to thier hangar. Afterall, who wants to smack up the new bird with a less than perfect launch.

If the product development team were to come up with a universal dolly or catapault launch system, that would work across Skynetic, Freewing and Flightline tossers, it could broaden the market. It might mean making some optional parts to adapt each aircraft to the system. If a customer could buy a $2.99 part (plus the launch system) that would ensure a good launch 99% of the time, they would be more likely to buy a hand launch aircraft that they may not otherwise buy.

Expanding the market for economical "Toss and Boss" birds, plus the additional market for the launch system, seems like it could be a winner.
                                        Except for the P-51, FW-109, F-86, and MiG-15,all the Flightline and Freewing have landing gear options. Now the jets could be modified for fixed gear at least, it's the "taildraggers" that are hard to modify, because you have to either have a separate servo or link the tail wheel to the rudder.

Comment

Except for the P-51, FW-109, F-86, and MiG-15,all the Flightline and Freewing have landing gear options. Now the jets could be modified for fixed gear at least, it's the "taildraggers" that are hard to modify, because you have to either have a separate servo or link the tail wheel to the rudder.
                                          That's a good option if you have a decent paved surface. Many of us fly to and from grass. Little wheels don't work for take off and make landings even worse.

Having a good launch system might even save a few friendships

Comment

Working...
                                          X