You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
    What about the FW F9F Panther upgraded to 90mm or, an Xicoy 45 ARF Plus version.. good design for this....
    yes that would be good.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      FredGB Welcome, Fred! We don't have any upcoming birds that match those models, since there are already models represented by other manufacturers (Flex F-100 and FlyFly F-100, Dynam Gloster Meteor, and FlyFly Hawker Hunter). We've got some other birds in the pipeline though, to keep your options wide and numerous.
      Sad to see it, but thanks for the confirmation that MRC is not doing an F-100. I was still holding out hope of a FW 80mm F-100. Better size for my hangar.

Also very sad to see that MRC does not have a Hawker Hunter in the pipeline. While the FlyFly model has been around for a good while, it is really no competition to a modern FW model. As I am sure you know, the FF kit had many fit and engineering issues and it hard to find.

Glad that FW did an 80mm Mirage, even though I had a 90mm FF Mirage. There were some LX offerings that you have duplicated and vastly improved upon, including the F-22 and the A-4.

Comment

• Hopefully a 80mm or 90mm Cougar or Panther is in the works (maybeeeeee a 70mm).

Comment

• All in time, all in time.

tab28682 I said our upcoming birds aren't those birds, not that those birds won't ever get our spin.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I couldn't catch the live stream today, but am watching it now. These large BH models look phenomenal.

Comment

All in time, all in time.

tab28682 I said our upcoming birds aren't those birds, not that those birds won't ever get our spin.
              A better answer. Sounds like it will be a good while, thought......

Comment

FredGB Welcome, Fred! We don't have any upcoming birds that match those models, since there are already models represented by other manufacturers (Flex F-100 and FlyFly F-100, Dynam Gloster Meteor, and FlyFly Hawker Hunter). We've got some other birds in the pipeline though, to keep your options wide and numerous.
                I have a FlyFly Hunter. It's an awful, poorly engineered kit using obsolete technology - not to mention that it's impossible to find any more. I do not understand the logic of excluding a Hunter.

Comment

• I would love to see a Macchi 205 in this scheme, Italian WWII birds never get enough love.

Click image for larger version

Name:	418a9e4fbefd196d4231c421a73994d0.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	245370

Comment

• How about a new 1/16 scale C-130 (2526mm), larger than the Avios, to haul the RC tanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-130_airdrop_M551.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	245378

Comment

• u can only try try try.......1600 warbird !!!!! hav not seen a big foam zero or an aussie wirraway just kidden hellcat wildcat fw190 109 !!!!!!! so many ww2 options oh well ,,, b safe and distant in these troubled times..... fly till ya drop

Comment

• A LARGE P 39 or A 26 Invader would be a must have for me. I have not seen either of them in foam from any manufacturer.
                        we all know Freewing builds the best foam planes on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I have a FlyFly Hunter. It's an awful, poorly engineered kit using obsolete technology - not to mention that it's impossible to find any more. I do not understand the logic of excluding a Hunter.
                          kallend Having owned more than one in the past, I agree with you that the FlyFly Hunter is Old World Tech.

For our pipeline, it's not about "excluding" the Hunter, but rather more about the realities surrounding the costs to develop a new plane from the ground up. Motion RC develops new products at a world class rate, and in a given sub-category (of which there are more than 20) we should only be producing one model every 18 or so months. Producing five 90mm birds in the same year is Possible, but Unwise, because, well, market factors. "Everything is Coming" is one of my favorite concise answers to the question "What's next?", because it is true: We're going to put our spin on every model we can as long as we're around. We're just not going to be able to do every plane in every size at once. Our common enemy is not Intent, but Time.

If/when we were to do an 80mm or 90mm Hunter, for example, we wouldn't release it before an 90mm F-4 (check) or an 80mm L-39 or MiG-21 (check and check), and absolutely wouldn't release it in the same year we released a similarly sized Vulcan and Gripen and Tweet. We're very mindful of what other birds are out or coming out soon from us and others, so there's an element of air traffic control to ensure planes in similar sizes from similar eras/families don't land on top of each other. That wouldn't help any of the factories stay in business.

Take heart, friends, that when [at increasingly predictable intervals] the airspace clears, we always have birds ready to run CAP.

Comment

• I agree with a resurrection of the 1600mm warbird series. I believe it's been a year and a half since a 1600mm release? Pacific theater please, F6F, F4F, or B-25....or better yet, all 3!

Comment

kallend Having owned more than one in the past, I agree with you that the FlyFly Hunter is Old World Tech.

For our pipeline, it's not about "excluding" the Hunter, but rather more about the realities surrounding the costs to develop a new plane from the ground up. Motion RC develops new products at a world class rate, and in a given sub-category (of which there are more than 20) we should only be producing one model every 18 or so months. Producing five 90mm birds in the same year is Possible, but Unwise, because, well, market factors. "Everything is Coming" is one of my favorite concise answers to the question "What's next?", because it is true: We're going to put our spin on every model we can as long as we're around. We're just not going to be able to do every plane in every size at once. Our common enemy is not Intent, but Time.

If/when we were to do an 80mm or 90mm Hunter, for example, we wouldn't release it before an 90mm F-4 (check) or an 80mm L-39 or MiG-21 (check and check), and absolutely wouldn't release it in the same year we released a similarly sized Vulcan and Gripen and Tweet. We're very mindful of what other birds are out or coming out soon from us and others, so there's an element of air traffic control to ensure planes in similar sizes from similar eras/families don't land on top of each other. That wouldn't help any of the factories stay in business.

Take heart, friends, that when [at increasingly predictable intervals] the airspace clears, we always have birds ready to run CAP.
                              More importantly, how are you and Team MRC China doing? Are things getting back to normal?

Comment

• Always liked the S-3 Viking or the Grumman F11F Tiger. It would be great to see something new to add to the collection. Or something really different like the Martin X51 with 3 fan !

Comment

• Martin... I think you misspelled "Seamaster" or "Mars"

All our people are good, Valkpilot. Locking 60 million people indoors for a couple months seems to have done the trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Good to know! Will avoid this one.
                                    Great flying jet when set up correctly. Has a low profile on the visual though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Great flying jet when set up correctly. Has a low profile on the visual though.

https://youtu.be/HXhIbQYpbYU
                                      From the first time I saw it, I hoped it would win the ATF flyoff. It looks like a space ship as much as you know what. (see my avatar).

Comment

• Another old favorite, I'd love to see, is the 1960's A-37.... The" Dragonfly" Attractive as can be.....maneuverable...made for "Low and Slow" …..used by a few different Nations ( so there are several nice paintjobs ***check out Brazil or the S .Vietnamese, "Blue tanks w/ stars"}
                                        NICE! Twin fans.. awesome paint.... Lots of visible cockpit to detail. what is not to love?
                                        I'll wreck my credit a bit more, for a Dragonfly 80in or better..... (90 would be more gooderer 😉 ) I have just about recovered from the grand I just dropped on my awesome, new DO335 😏

I will buy it in foam....no mistake. I have the Flightline F7F and I love it....but my Phoenix A 26 Invader...Blackhorse He 111, and Do335, plus my Seagull, O2A Oscar deuce, show my preference for built up
                                        I would much prefer it from Blackhorse....but I'll take it however I can get it

Comment

• a ryan fireball.
                                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Working...
                                          X