You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the last one Aros.
    AMA 424553

Comment

• I shudder to think of the licensing cost for the X-Wing! Motion could end up with a new logo that sports mouse ears... 😱

Comment

• I would like to see The B1 Lancer as the next Motion RC Freewing Model it's the only supersonic strategic Nuclear Bomber in America's arsenal and I think it would make for a great addition to the motion RC line up and also it would be nice if Motion RC would consider doing a concept aircraft the US Navy consider building a more stealthy version of its now retired F-14 TomCat which looked like a cross between a F-22 Raptor And a F-14 Super TomCat because of their dislike of the single engine configuration of the F-35 lightning force Upon them do to joint strike fighter program while in development the F-35 lightning but due to budget restrictions they cancel their version of the more stealthy Futuristic F-14 TomCat and just stuck to the F/A 18 Super Hornet and added some modest modifications. it would be a very unique opportunity if motion RC could somehow bring a wonderful concept to life from the pages of engineering to reality.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Sign me up for a F-22/F-14 Super Tomcat hybrid!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by StarFox View Post
            I would like to see The B1 Lancer as the next Motion RC Freewing Model it's the only supersonic strategic Nuclear Bomber in America's arsenal and I think it would make for a great addition to the motion RC line up...
            It's funny...I was thinking just this morning that I would love to have a large B1. Talk about an under-represented airplane!
            If they can manage to swing the wings of an F-14, they could do the same for a B1.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarFox View Post
              I would like to see The B1 Lancer as the next Motion RC Freewing Model it's the only supersonic strategic Nuclear Bomber in America's arsenal and I think it would make for a great addition to the motion RC line up and also it would be nice if Motion RC would consider doing a concept aircraft the US Navy consider building a more stealthy version of its now retired F-14 TomCat which looked like a cross between a F-22 Raptor And a F-14 Super TomCat because of their dislike of the single engine configuration of the F-35 lightning force Upon them do to joint strike fighter program while in development the F-35 lightning but due to budget restrictions they cancel their version of the more stealthy Futuristic F-14 TomCat and just stuck to the F/A 18 Super Hornet and added some modest modifications. it would be a very unique opportunity if motion RC could somehow bring a wonderful concept to life from the pages of engineering to reality.
              Your history and cause and effect are all mixed up there.

The aircraft in your avatar photo was the NATF, the Navy Advanced Tactical Fighter. It had zero to do with the F-14, other than as a possible F-14 replacement.

The NATF program was over long before the JAST/JSF/F-35 program had flown a prototype. Ergo, this aircraft not moving forward in development had nothing to do with any decisions related to the F-35.

What really killed any chance of there ever being a NATF in service was the fact that in the late 1980s until early 1991, the Navy was spending billions of dollars they did not actually have on the A-12 Avenger II.

It was a great looking concept, though. Myself and a coworker built the only large-ish display model ever built of the NATF when the program was active. It was a 1/20 scale model, hand carved and machined from basswood and plywood, with working swing wings and a full cockpit. The model still exists. Here is a (poor) picture of the 1/20 NATF next to a 1/20 scale F-22A model.

This is far too obscure for a mass produced foam EDF, but would make someone a great scratch build project.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Great history lesson tab28682 thanks for clarifying. Did I understand that correctly? Were you actually part of the NATF program and that's why you built the 1/20 model?

You are correct, it is too obscure for mass production but boy it sure looks cool!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  Great history lesson tab28682 thanks for clarifying. Did I understand that correctly? Were you actually part of the NATF program and that's why you built the 1/20 model?

You are correct, it is too obscure for mass production but boy it sure looks cool!

I am about to retire after 35 years in the engineering model shop at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth (was General Dynamics until about 1993 or so.) Supported many, many programs over the years, including all aspects of ATF/ F-22 and JSF/F-35. NATF was a minor subset of ATF.

Comment

• Beech D-18 is available in civilian and military service. De Havilland Mosquito, AV-8B Harrier, Hawker Hunter, F-106 Delta Dart, B-25 Mitchell, Douglas A-26

Comment

• It maybe obscure but boy oh boy the thing looks oh so sexy if Motion RC could somehow managed to mass produce it just its curves alone would turn heads so what do you all think about the B1 Lancer being a motion RC Freewing Model????

Comment

• yes a large mosquito.. atleast 70inch w/span!

Comment

• Beech 18 or Mossie would be great! 70"- 80" wingspan would be ideal. I know this is the Flightline/Freewing wish thread, but my preference would be balsa. Maybe do the plane in both and make everyone happy? 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
                            Beech 18 or Mossie would be great! 70"- 80" wingspan would be ideal. I know this is the Flightline/Freewing wish thread, but my preference would be balsa. Maybe do the plane in both and make everyone happy? 😁
                            It certainly would be worth starting a new thread here in this area for what Nexa needs to produce as a balsa ARF.

Comment

• Originally posted by combatflyr View Post
                              Beech D-18 is available in civilian and military service. De Havilland Mosquito, AV-8B Harrier, Hawker Hunter, F-106 Delta Dart, B-25 Mitchell, Douglas A-26
                              A Beech 18 could be offered in a silver scheme, with a choice of military or Civilian decals. Lots of choices for either version in silver. 1.5-1.6m at least, size wise.

Plain silver would make it easy to paint in any desired scheme.

I would probably have to have one.

Comment

• I’d still like to see an 80mm Grumman F11F. You know it would be a great flyer.Click image for larger version

Name:	47DB0CB5-D0B0-4379-B58C-B9AA64EC4E3C.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	276056

Comment

• +1 on the B1, would be sweet, I'l like a current bomber.
                                  my short list
                                  -b1
                                  -b29
                                  -vulcan
                                  -messerschmitt p1110
                                  -ho229
                                  - Northrop YB-49
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• B-29 or OV-1 Mohawk.
                                    I might consider a Lancaster.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I would be in for a B-29 to round out my bomber collection. 2m at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                                        I would be in for a B-29 to round out my bomber collection. 2m at least.
                                        A B-29 would definitely be a must-have for me. 2+ m for sure!

Comment

• I would have to say a Stuka large super scale on 6S would steal my money. Then a good sound system for the canon and siren and engine motor, oh my!

Comment

Working...
                                          X