You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lb. I'm on ya sde. With the zeek. Corsair and zeek may shoot at each other. At nite when I pull the garage doordown. Lol

Comment

• Elbee
      Elbee commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly. We need a worthy adversary for our Corsairs.

• I'm still hoping for a giant 2200mm+ size B-29 Superfortress. I'm starting to seriously consider picking up the 141" Don Smith kit as a next long term project.

Comment

• A B-29 or large Avenger would be great.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

PC, It a beauty for sure and would need to be at least 1400mm to do the "parachute modification". Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
        "They Who Shall Not Be Named" had a 1300 and a UMX A5. And Esky has a very nice pusher that makes for a great trainer, the Eagle:

Comment

• TBF Avenger. Same scale as Corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200518-232907_Gallery.jpg Views:	337 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	255280 How's about you reuse some of that B-24 engineering and make a Dash-7? A bird that can take of in less than 1200ft at and land in as little as 800ft weighing more that 45,000lbs deserves to be made right? A true STOL aircraft, that's not some stripped down over powered Cub! I'm a little biased as I'm one of the lucky few that still gets to fly this tough old bird. Freewing would be the only company I'd trust to get it done right!
            If you really want a Dash 7, your best bet is to haunt E Bay for one of the nice old foam Robbe Dash 7 kits. They still show up once in a while. Pricey these days, but you will grow old and disappointed waiting for someone else to produce one.

I would also post want ads on all the popular RC discussion forums. Worth a try.

The wingspan is 1.8m. Designed for and flew very nicely on 4x Speed 400 bushed motors and Nicad/NiMH batteries. It would be great on modern small brushless motors and lipos.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

If you really want a Dash 7, your best bet is to haunt E Bay for one of the nice old foam Robbe Dash 7 kits. They still show up once in a while. Pricey these days, but you will grow old and disappointed waiting for someone else to produce one.

I would also post want ads on all the popular RC discussion forums. Worth a try.

The wingspan is 1.8m. Designed for and flew very nicely on 4x Speed 400 bushed motors and Nicad/NiMH batteries. It would be great on modern small brushless motors and lipos.
              Appreciate it, never even knew it was ever produced! It's the only big airplane still flying today that can do an autorotation like a heli! Lol

Comment

• I would be eternally grateful if MotionRC would come up with a product that allows me to magically allow me to keep all my planes and my car in my garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                  I would be eternally grateful if MotionRC would come up with a product that allows me to magically allow me to keep all my planes and my car in my garage.
                  I am starting to think that my only hope for enough storage room for my models
                  is for someone to invent an interdimensional portal so I can keep stuff stashed one universe away....;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                    I would be eternally grateful if MotionRC would come up with a product that allows me to magically allow me to keep all my planes and my car in my garage.
                    You mean to say that you want MRC to start selling "magic" garage kits? You go into it and suddenly, you're in a football field sized room.

Comment

• xviper
                      @Gilatrout
                      @tab28682

The fellow Dr Who fans will understand what we are looking for... basically a T.A.R.D.I.S. It's bigger on the inside.

Comment

• Since there is NO longer an electric B-25 Mitchell available and I missed the FMS ones (now discontinued) a Flightline or Freewing B-25 would be my next must buy!! Ted Lawson's "Ruptered Duck" Be Good livery, Thank you very much !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                          Since there is NO longer an electric B-25 Mitchell available and I missed the FMS ones (now discontinued) a Flightline or Freewing B-25 would be my next must buy!! Ted Lawson's "Ruptered Duck" Be Good livery, Thank you very much !!

Well, there is at least one type of B-25 available. The US dealer for HSD apparently has 1.25m B-25 in stock, in green and silver, for $239.00.

Agree that the FMS 1.47m B-25 is better, but if you have to have s B-25....

I owned the 1.25m version for a few years. Liked it.

Comment

• BH still sells the LX B-25. I have had two...One had issues but the the other was great. It's a beautiful size (2000 mm) and good looking model. But with LX you have to beware their component quality. A lot of folks buy it and put their own electronics in it...

https://www.bananahobby.com/8-ch-bli...plane-arf.html

This was one of mine I painted up...

Click image for larger version  Name:	anothersortie.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.2 KB ID:	261627
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros I still cherish my LX PBJ-1

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJa.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	261637

But as you well know, they all have an expiration date and a FlightLine 2000 version would dominate the market.
                              A 1600 Hellcat and 1700 Skyraider are also needed Alpha
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                xviper
                                @Gilatrout
                                @tab28682

The fellow Dr Who fans will understand what we are looking for... basically a T.A.R.D.I.S. It's bigger on the inside.
                                I was about to reply that to xviper. That or rent space in Hogwart's Room of Requirement.

Comment

• I am still waiting patiently for an A 26 invader,about 1600mm would be fine.
                                  An F 102 80mm would be welcome also.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    I'm still hoping for a giant 2200mm+ size B-29 Superfortress. I'm starting to seriously consider picking up the 141" Don Smith kit as a next long term project.
                                    That kit looks awesome, but I couldn't transport it unless I bought a trailer. I wonder if it breaks down for transport more then just taking off the wing?
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• One of these:
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        I'm still hoping for a giant 2200mm+ size B-29 Superfortress. I'm starting to seriously consider picking up the 141" Don Smith kit as a next long term project.
                                        Was that interest renewed by that great B-29 at the Warbird event at Bomber Field?...:) Pic attached. Loved everything about it but the three bladed props....sigh.

I was guessing that it was the Don Smith design, but did not double check it's wingspan. Looked about right.

I have one of the foam and vac plastic semi kits, about 80", B-29, that was a thread on RC groups about 12 years ago, stashed back in my collection. Same one that Stu flies at BEST.

Would very gladly sell it on if FW did a 2 to 2.2 meter PnP. Even at that size, it will be a small looking model due to the high aspect ratio wing.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X