You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + Three on full scale.
    AMA 424553

Comment

• I can understand why the swastika isn't included on some models. When I mentioned to our daughter that I was considering painting a Fi-156 to match the one at our local Air Museum, in Mussolini's military scheme, she balked at the idea of using the Italian Fascist symbol, even for scale accuracy on a model. Too many people these days don't seem to be able to separate the use of the symbol as part of historical modeling, from endorsing the philosophies embraced by said governments.

Comment

• 90mm super scale super sabre f100
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
          I can understand why the swastika isn't included on some models. When I mentioned to our daughter that I was considering painting a Fi-156 to match the one at our local Air Museum, in Mussolini's military scheme, she balked at the idea of using the Italian Fascist symbol, even for scale accuracy on a model. Too many people these days don't seem to be able to separate the use of the symbol as part of historical modeling, from endorsing the philosophies embraced by said governments.
          I think in some countries, especially Germany, the use of the swastika outside of religious buildings is illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
            I can understand why the swastika isn't included on some models. When I mentioned to our daughter that I was considering painting a Fi-156 to match the one at our local Air Museum, in Mussolini's military scheme, she balked at the idea of using the Italian Fascist symbol, even for scale accuracy on a model. Too many people these days don't seem to be able to separate the use of the symbol as part of historical modeling, from endorsing the philosophies embraced by said governments.
            Brain wash the children, you control the population.
            AMA 424553

Comment

• w all must remember , or learn..... so it does not happen again , cant wrap ourselvs in cotton wool.. if it was perfect world we would not need police ... oh but we do...

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Brain wash the children, you control the population.
                So what 45 is doing?
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Presume POTUS. If affirm, let's try to keep politics to a bare minimum and/or explain to all your thoughts. Perhaps use a PM. Just sayin'. Respectfully, LB

• another fighter 4 me... the enemy ,, not many large zeros ... 1600 zero 4 me .. i like the beige with black nose.. and that distinctive meatball

Comment

• Go crazy. Seriously, if anything the airliner should teach is that we want something NEW. Be cool, crazy, give us a B-47 or something else off the wall cool

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

So what 45 is doing?
                    ? 45
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• he is trying to say our elected pres. is not who he wanted.

Comment

• Hey you guys if you all what something cool how about this YF-35 Black Widow ll it's an ATF BUT it lost the government contract to the F-22 raptor and Lockheed Martin because of production cost Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_193906.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	226116Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_194148.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	226117Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_194300.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	226118

Comment

• Hey Starfox, LX has a YF-23 and the airframe kit is on sale right now for a decent price. If you retrofitted it with Freewing EDFs/servos, it would probably do pretty well: https://www.bananahobby.com/7-ch-bli...f-jet-kit.html

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            Hey Starfox, LX has a YF-23 and the airframe kit is on sale right now for a decent price. If you retrofitted it with Freewing EDFs/servos, it would probably do pretty well: https://www.bananahobby.com/7-ch-bli...f-jet-kit.html
                            I had this same model (kit) from Find-Hobby. I put in the fan units and ESCs from Freewing (counter-rotating). Unfortunately, the plane was very unstable. After putting in a gyro, it was still so unstable that it was a real butt clencher to fly. I had 1/2 dozen flights on it and after the last landing, which broke the nose retract and snapped a V-tail off, I stripped it down and gave it away to a friend who fixed it for a static model. It looked really cool on the ground and even in the air when it wasn't darting all over the place, but something about the design when scaled down to a model, made it nearly impossible and not very enjoyable to fly. Maybe Freewing could design one that can fly better.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              I had this same model (kit) from Find-Hobby. I put in the fan units and ESCs from Freewing (counter-rotating). Unfortunately, the plane was very unstable. After putting in a gyro, it was still so unstable that it was a real butt clencher to fly. I had 1/2 dozen flights on it and after the last landing, which broke the nose retract and snapped a V-tail off, I stripped it down and gave it away to a friend who fixed it for a static model. It looked really cool on the ground and even in the air when it wasn't darting all over the place, but something about the design when scaled down to a model, made it nearly impossible and not very enjoyable to fly. Maybe Freewing could design one that can fly better.
                              Good to know! Will avoid this one.

Comment

• Yo delta I've checked that out and it's really small compared to the beautiful raptor motion RC has put out plus I'm a newbie to the hobby so that might be more then I can chew right now lol

Comment

When I first saw it, it went to #2 on my "bucket list", after the Valk, of course. But when I looked at the video review, it seemed like they were trying to fit 10 lbs of manure into a 5 lb bag. And it looked like the landing gear was as flimsy as the Valk's was, even though it was two different companies. And in Realflight, it was like trying to fly a leaf. I bet the LX Blackbird is the same way. And from many of the reviews I've read of LX products, there's not much room for batteries and RXs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

When I first saw it, it went to #2 on my "bucket list", after the Valk, of course. But when I looked at the video review, it seemed like they were trying to fit 10 lbs of manure into a 5 lb bag. And it looked like the landing gear was as flimsy as the Valk's was, even though it was two different companies. And in Realflight, it was like trying to fly a leaf. I bet the LX Blackbird is the same way. And from many of the reviews I've read of LX products, there's not much room for batteries and RXs.
                                    In the case of my LX YF-23, make that 15 lbs of crap. From the recommendations of someone on this forum, I immediately removed the stock retracts and put in some Freewing units. I also had the LX A-10 and the SR-71. All of them required a great deal of work and modifications and they still did not fly right. The A-10 was "OK" but it wasn't without much effort. The SR-71 was a handful in the air, too but at least I managed to land it perfectly - ONCE. Not wanting to risk another flight, I gave it away. I'll never buy another LX plane although, I have a feeling that LX makes many of the BlitzRCWorks models for Banana Hobby. Some are good, while many are not. LX caters to the low end market where hobbyists are attracted to the low price and really "neat" looking models. You gotta give them top marks for web appeal.

Comment

I have a feeling that LX makes many of the BlitzRCWorks models for Banana Hobby. Some are good, while many are not. LX caters to the low end market where hobbyists are attracted to the low price and really "neat" looking models. You gotta give them top marks for web appeal.
                                      Correct, BlitzRCWorks is LX, or at least was for many years. Your assessment is pretty spot on. LX has made their money suckering folks like me starting out in the hobby who love scale, cool jets and warbirds without realizing just how god-awful their electronics and components are. My first EDF ever was the LX F-117. "Great for beginners! Super stable!!" BH and LX saw me and folks like me coming a mile away and laughed all the way to the bank. But this was before the days of Motion RC and Freewing. BH was the "go to" for the "ooooh and aaaaahhh" cool factor in RC aircraft. They do make for nice static display models at least.

For the record, the F-117 lasted all of 10 seconds trying to take off before smashing into a chain link fence. But boy did she look pretty for those 10 seconds!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• LX is always extra weird to me because it’s very hard to judge how well their individual airframes will fly. It’s a strange mix of what works versus what needs a complete redo. Their Wildcat is great pretty much out of the box. Some, like their B-25, need only minor upgrades to be great models. The majority, like their F-117, are great flyers if you totally re-engineer them. I put electric retracts, added a spar, and an FMS EDF in mine and it’s a real sweet flyer! Then there is the last category, the un-attainables. I’ve owned their F-4, F-35, and yes, I actually did own the YF-23. I just thought it was my crappy piloting skills that were the problem! I guess it wasn’t just me. All these machines plus the PAK-50, B-2 and a few others have huge 70+ page threads on RCG with few successful flights despite extensive mods and improvements. It’s just a shame they haven’t strived to improve their standards over the years like every other manufacturer. They do make some beautiful models.

Comment

Working...
                                        X