You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

I don’t really know who primarily are buying these military jets, but everyone in my rc world is 40 to 70 years old and they all can tell you about the Cold War era jets or “Century series” as you put it. Not to discount what you said, but those popular planes like the F-15, F-16 and such are just over played, granted I’m sure they are better flyers, but it seems there’s a longing to fly models of those early jets that we may have only seen in an encyclopedia or from plastic model building.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. And I love the very obscure ones, like the Gutle...err..Cutlass, the Gloster Javelin, the B-45 Tornado, AVRO Arrow, and of course, the XB-70 and it's soviet counterpart, the T-4. But the problem still remains that everybody wants to be "Maverick", not Harry Brubaker, Chuck Yeager, or Jimmy Stuart, and MRC, while best catering to our needs and wants as much as possible, is still a business, and needs to put bread on their tables.

Comment

• The bottom line is the F-100 has come up quite frequently on this thread, I'd go so far as to say it's in the top 5 of just about most of this threads contributors. Can't say for sure without out re-reading the last 95 pages, but it'd be hard to argue that the interest for this particular bird isn't alive and well. Interest equals bread on MRC's table, case in point the latest T-33 80mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
        The bottom line is the F-100 has come up quite frequently on this thread, I'd go so far as to say it's in the top 5 of just about most of this threads contributors. Can't say for sure without out re-reading the last 95 pages, but it'd be hard to argue that the interest for this particular bird isn't alive and well. Interest equals bread on MRC's table, case in point the latest T-33 80mm.
        I'd say the top five of that era would be the F-100, F-102/106, F9F Cougar, Hawker Hunter, and F9F Panther, since the T-33 is now in production. And it looks like an OUT-FREAKING-STANDING aircraft, especially the heavy-duty looking landing gear. That will allow folks flying from grass field to finally get a chance at being jet-jocks. But a bigger problem looms that has me reconsidering the hobby : https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...vs-over-55-lbs . And if this thing and worse wasn't coming down the pike, I don't think MRC would be getting into the tank and bulldozer business.

Comment

• Well I had a few moments last night to browse through the first 5 pages of this thread and I had no idea the love for the F-100 was alive outside my world. Wow! Hopefully MRC is working with Freewing on this in secrecy 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            The bottom line is the F-100 has come up quite frequently on this thread, I'd go so far as to say it's in the top 5 of just about most of this threads contributors. Can't say for sure without out re-reading the last 95 pages, but it'd be hard to argue that the interest for this particular bird isn't alive and well. Interest equals bread on MRC's table, case in point the latest T-33 80mm.
            I personally do not like the F100 at all. BUT, I do see it mentioned on every forum and facebook post about what jets people want to see. I was really glad to see the T33 come out, even though that one doesn't interest me either. Between the F22, F35, and F18, I got so many of my wants that I just feel like it is someone else's turn to cross some off their wishlist. I certainly think the F100 would do that for a large crowd!

Comment

• That T-33 is sexy as Hell.....of course, I am prejudiced....The A26K.... "Special Kay" shares her hanger with a B29, and a T-33....admittedly an airframe I never gave a second thought to.....until I saw one fly.
              Same reaction I had after I saw the Red Bull Cessna 337 Skymaster….I just bought the Seagull O-2....dressing it up to match my Phoenix A26 (being converted to a "K")

Comment

• The Hun is a jet that’s kinda grown on me. It has something a lot of jets lack (my opinion only): character. It looks fast yet rugged... and then that catfish mouth for an intake. Somehow it’s not ugly.

Another overlooked Century Series bird is the Voodoo. Wing design is a bit unusual, and the rotary weapons bay could accommodate the Genie missile.

Comment

• I really like my T 33.
                  I hope they will build a F 102a with the same 80 mm power train. The 59th FIS at Goose Bay Labrador ran numerous intercepts with them when I was there in 1961,1962. At that time they were the best intercepter available. Click image for larger version  Name:	1a11303fff7903de8a072a1cc97f6d51.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	231996

Comment

• F-101 Voodoo, twin 70mm EDF or 90mm high performance with bifurcated exhaust. This is an iconic aircraft, Pre F-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye Jim View Post
                      F-101 Voodoo, twin 70mm EDF or 90mm high performance with bifurcated exhaust. This is an iconic aircraft, Pre F-4.
                      The first plastic model I remember getting and building was the Voodoo. I've been rather surprised that there isn't a nice EDF model available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

The first plastic model I remember getting and building was the Voodoo. I've been rather surprised that there isn't a nice EDF model available.
                        I'd love one too, ever since I saw one on display outside Tyndall AFB FL, but then again I love all the century series jets.

Comment

• i hope alpha left china we don't need him to get sick. we need him to keep makin more planes ….

Comment

• He is a fighter, and will not evacuate!!! LOL I really wish he had left, but he is still working!!!!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	PR9.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	237349Click image for larger version

Name:	050317-F-1234P-048.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	237350Click image for larger version

Name:	Lightning2.png
Views:	449
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	237351
                              Stirring the pot again for a Canberra/B-57 (could be both!) and the EE Lightning.
                              All could be for twin 70mm setups and from personal experience, all perform superbly!

"Don't give me a One-Double-Oh...."

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	PR9.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	237349Click image for larger version

Name:	050317-F-1234P-048.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	237350Click image for larger version

Name:	Lightning2.png
Views:	449
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	237351
                                Stirring the pot again for a Canberra/B-57 (could be both!) and the EE Lightning.
                                All could be for twin 70mm setups and from personal experience, all perform superbly!

"Don't give me a One-Double-Oh...."
                                But they'd save money on the Lighting if they made it a single EDF but with the twin tailpipes like the 64 mm F-18.

Comment

• Having grown up at Edwards AFB in California, I was privy to some amazing aircraft, either being actually tested or just flown. Watching things like the Century series of fighters move through the base was pretty cool. I would sit at the CFR station and watch the ramp and the runways.(you can't do that now!) My father was a test pilot so one of the jets I got to sit in, while it was in one of the hangars, was the F-100. I fell in love with it. Of course, the XB-70 was there, the X-15 and it's mother ships, etc. We had some amazing air shows there at the Open House events(so much on the display ramp!). I was able to see a lot of great flying and it stuck with me. When the Thunderbirds were flying the F-100 I was in heaven. I know that if Alpha produced an F-100 in Thunderbirds scheme, and a plane Jane for the customizers, we all would be robbing the kids piggy banks to supplement our incomes! I think my close second would be a Canberra or the series of B-57's. The Long Wing ones were real fun to walk around! My vote is for the F-100, but as you can see by this thread, there are many more aircraft out there that touch so many hearts. Just do us all a favor if you could Alpha, and stay away from that damned Hansa Jet. Pee yew!
                                  Dutchman

Comment

• Hello everyone,

Having recently bought a free wing T33 i really learned to love those first and second and third generation fighter jets i have always been attracted to warbirds as my grandfather was a spitfire pilot in ww2. I would be really great to see a f 100 supersabre and perhaps some more british aviation such as gloster meteor or a hawker hunter any way that's my vote!

Fred

Comment

• FredGB Welcome, Fred! We don't have any upcoming birds that match those models, since there are already models represented by other manufacturers (Flex F-100 and FlyFly F-100, Dynam Gloster Meteor, and FlyFly Hawker Hunter). We've got some other birds in the pipeline though, to keep your options wide and numerous.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• What about the FW F9F Panther upgraded to 90mm or, an Xicoy 45 ARF Plus version.. good design for this....

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                          FredGB Welcome, Fred! We don't have any upcoming birds that match those models, since there are already models represented by other manufacturers (Flex F-100 and FlyFly F-100, Dynam Gloster Meteor, and FlyFly Hawker Hunter). We've got some other birds in the pipeline though, to keep your options wide and numerous.
                                          Good to hear Alpha ,
                                          Doesn't matter what model you and freewing have in the pipeline , but i do know that it is always bound to be a good one !

Fred

Comment

Working...
                                          X