You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
    Alpha Hi Alpha, Freewing has the small Lippisch but not a real flying wing, what's about a twin 70mm Horten HO-229 like the ME-262???

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horten 3.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	249871Click image for larger version

Name:	Horten2.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	249872
    I’d like to triple vote for this one. Retracts and doors.
    even if they did clear acrylic fins to make it more stabilized.

👌🏼👌🏼

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
      Come on... BF109G Red 7!!... You know you want it!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2e3b241023f9d26ff1a3af297c1201d3.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	250036Click image for larger version

Name:	Messerschmitt_Bf109G-4_‘red_7’_(D-FWME)_(22205771649).jpg
Views:	634
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	250037

Yes, I want this! Am still hoping for a 1600mm FW190 one day but I’d certainly settle for this .......

Regards Kurt

Comment

• I could totally dig a Gustav in the same scale! A long nose 190 would fit the bill as well... 😋
        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• alpha they seem to atleast settle on 1 thing .....the size 1600 i think??

Comment

• f4u ausieAlpha I agree that 1600mm war bird is the perfect size. I’d really love to see more in the line B-25 would surely be nice.... but to be honest I’d be happy with anything in that line.

Comment

• How about an F-107A Ultimate Sabre to round out the century series? Click image for larger version

Name:	20200422_225731.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	250719Click image for larger version

Name:	20200422_230003.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	250720

Comment

• I found out about the X-22A on https://www.reddit.com/r/WeirdWings/ and I think we need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
                  I found out about the X-22A on https://www.reddit.com/r/WeirdWings/ and I think we need it.
                  Agreed! I've been hoping to see an X-22 for a while! One of the few VTOL configurations that can be done easily and affordably at an RC scale.

Comment

• Sr-71 and B1 Lancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by krakenreleaser View Post
                      Sr-71 and B1 Lancer.
                      I'm on board with the B1 Lancer because it would have a much broader flight envelope than the SR-71. Much like the real aircraft a flying model of the SR-71 would only do one thing well, fly straight. It wouldn't turn in a pattern well the landing would be very tough with scale gear, very flat.

I love the real plane, it's looks, it's performance and it's legacy, just don't think it transfers well to a model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I'm on board with the B1 Lancer because it would have a much broader flight envelope than the SR-71. Much like the real aircraft a flying model of the SR-71 would only do one thing well, fly straight. It wouldn't turn in a pattern well the landing would be very tough with scale gear, very flat.

I love the real plane, it's looks, it's performance and it's legacy, just don't think it transfers well to a model.
                        There is a guy that makes both of them in composite. They look awesome except for the gear which is always expected not to be scale and they fly really well but they also come with a hefty price tag.
                        Hobby Squawk RC airplane, boat, car, helicopter, tank, truck blog forum community

Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

There is a guy that makes both of them in composite. They look awesome except for the gear which is always expected not to be scale and they fly really well but they also come with a hefty price tag.
                          Hobby Squawk RC airplane, boat, car, helicopter, tank, truck blog forum community
                          Too rich for my blood

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            There is a guy that makes both of them in composite. They look awesome except for the gear which is always expected not to be scale and they fly really well but they also come with a hefty price tag. https://fabcompmodels.com/
                            Cool find! I didn't even know there were composite Blackbird and Bone ARFs out there in the 70-90mm EDF range. Yeah, price is out of my budget by the time I bought everything I needed, but they both would be sweet! Would LOVE to see Freewing release both of these models. I've flown the LX SR-71 so many times (and yes gone through many airframes too) I am quite confident a Freewing version with our guidance would be a fantastic model. Its flight characteristics are not for everyone, that's for sure, but for a Habu Nut like me, I would be ALL over it!
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	A12.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	251058
                              I remembered an old Welsh, very early heavy metal band called Budgie, who's album artist took an SR71 Blackbird , painted it orange and added a bird skull. They named their album BUDGIE/SQUAWK!....I couldn't resist the play on the SR71....Those were the days...

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                                I remembered an old Welsh, very early heavy metal band called Budgie, who's album artist took an SR71 Blackbird , painted it orange and added a bird skull. They named their album BUDGIE/SQUAWK!....I couldn't resist the play on the SR71....Those were the days...
                                I remember that album. Along with King Crimson and Camel. Yes, those were the days...

Comment

• How about some ultra micro sized planes (under .55 lbs) to dodge the new rule?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                    How about some ultra micro sized planes (under .55 lbs) to dodge the new rule?
                                    Hahaha Don't you give in to that Cr_p Valkpilot! Save some of that rebellious nature we all covet for flying something that out weighs a folded paper airplane!

Comment

Hahaha Don't you give in to that Cr_p Valkpilot! Save some of that rebellious nature we all covet for flying something that out weighs a folded paper airplane!
                                      Actually, in my case it's more than just that. I've seen the pictures and videos you folks post. Most of your fields are like flying from an Air Force base. Mines more like a carrier.

Comment

• I’d love to see a B-25. Lovely looking aircraft and a decent sized model would have real presence in the air.
                                        A decent sized P-40 would be great too. The Dynam model looked great but was slightly small and whilst the FMS P-40 looks ok I prefer the deeper chin scoop...

Comment

I have found that a properly balanced SR-71 model flies well. I have lots of flights on an LX SR-71 and a Hobbylab SR-71. We are flying them at very light wing loadings and they do fine in the pattern.

In fact, a scale SR-71 flies well enough to win in Designer class at Top Gun. The essence of the SR-71 certainly transferred well to this model.

The weekend before last, I took a short trip out to Florida to witness the 30th Annual Top Gun Scale Competition. There were some absolutely incredible airp...

Magnificent.

Comment

Working...
                                          X