You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the deHavilland DHC7 (or Dash 7)? As is shown in my avitar. 80in wingspan, 4 engines, would be awesome.
    DHC5 Buffalo
    CF-100
    Former C-series CS300 (Airbus A220-300 now)
    Vulcan bomber
    L-1011 Tristar
    B727
    Douglas DC-9
    CT-114 Tutor

What we do not need is another Cub/super Cub, C182, T28 Trojan, etc.

Comment

• I would love to see a cougar in 90 size

Comment

• "Cougars" should be no more than size 10.

Comment

• HE 162 salamander in 70mm fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
            HE 162 salamander in 70mm fan.
            I would buy that one, even in 80mm.

Comment

• Me and many of my modelling friends would appreciate a Hawker Hunter (single and/or even better with double seater option, c.f. pic below) engineered by Freewing in an 80 or 90mm EDF version. Existing Hunter models from other manufacturers are not really satisfactory....Click image for larger version

Name:	06863C65-6614-40CC-A032-DCDA387AB633.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	303688

Comment

• +1 on a Hunter, 80mm or 90mm in the A&AEE scheme please!!! All time favourite jet. Had the 70mm RC Lander and now the Dynam 70mm version, but it needs to get the Freewing treatment to truly be done properly.

Comment

• Since Eflight has given up on the Carbon Z T-28 and its probably one of the best flying planes they made, maybe flightline should give a large scale t28 a try. No 1600mm, I'm talking 2200+mm!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickc2023 View Post
                    Since Eflight has given up on the Carbon Z T-28 and its probably one of the best flying planes they made, maybe flightline should give a large scale t28 a try. No 1600mm, I'm talking 2200+mm!!
                    That didn't last long. Didn't they only start selling this V2 this last season or so? I had the V1 and sold it. Then it got sold again and again and now it's with its 4th owner. I had it the longest but every time someone sold it, the same comment was made ........................ It took up too much room to store and transporting it to the field was a real bother as it prevented taking too many other planes in the same vehicle. Everyone commented on what a great flying airplane it was but size ultimately was its demise. Everyone went to a much smaller T-28.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      That didn't last long. Didn't they only start selling this V2 this last season or so? I had the V1 and sold it. Then it got sold again and again and now it's with its 4th owner. I had it the longest but every time someone sold it, the same comment was made ........................ It took up too much room to store and transporting it to the field was a real bother as it prevented taking too many other planes in the same vehicle. Everyone commented on what a great flying airplane it was but size ultimately was its demise. Everyone went to a much smaller T-28.
                      The half-life of EFlite planes seems quite short.

Comment

• I don't think that the last round of production for the big T-28 had all the Smart tech.

There has been a pattern of discontinuing models, then bringing them out again with the Smart tech. Maybe the case with this one.

My wife and I are both still flying out V1s. They are excellent flyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post

What we do not need is another Cub/super Cub, C182, T28 Trojan, etc.
                          Or Corsair, P-51, F-16, Spitfire. . . I like all of those but there's already plenty of choice from a variety of sources.

Comment

• Since there are already two Flight Line Spitfires and two schemes for their Corsair it probably won't be a third of either. F-16 is a jet so won't be that. Leaves the P-51, YES a nice 1600 as only FL can do it.

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Or Corsair, P-51, F-16, Spitfire. . . I like all of those but there's already plenty of choice from a variety of sources.

Comment

• What's wrong with a FL 1600 Hellcat. The FMS 1450 F6F has been discontinued for 5 years now and the only other foamy was the Dynam in 50 inch
                              The only other recourse is the two balsa/ply models..........the H9 64 inch version which has no flaps and the Nexa/VQ 60 inch version which does have flaps but the proportions are just not good in both control surfaces and fuse.
                              A Hellcat is another great flier
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                Since there are already two Flight Line Spitfires and two schemes for their Corsair it probably won't be a third of either. F-16 is a jet so won't be that. Leaves the P-51, YES a nice 1600 as only FL can do it.

Thread title is " What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!"

Last time I checked Freewing made jets.

Comment

• Dang I was wrong today, I'll put it on the calendar.

Comment

• I'm actually eye balling the FMS 1700mm P-51 "Red Tail", which should come out with their latest version next Feb. However, if FL made one close to that size (or slightly bigger), I'd certainly give it high consideration. I had the Eflite 1500 P-51 for a while but I didn't like those goofy "invasion stripes" on the wings and when someone expressed interest in buying one, I sold him mine. Been looking for a replacement since.

Comment

I'm actually eye balling the FMS 1700mm P-51 "Red Tail", which should come out with their latest version next Feb. However, if FL made one close to that size (or slightly bigger), I'd certainly give it high consideration. I had the Eflite 1500 P-51 for a while but I didn't like those goofy "invasion stripes" on the wings and when someone expressed interest in buying one, I sold him mine. Been looking for a replacement since.
                                      I have the FMS 1700mm Ferocious Frankie, I have had it about 4 years... it flies great... great presence in the air... a smidge underpowered. I would say my biggest complaint is almost from day one, the mini servos that close the quarter (small) separate gear doors don't always close in flight. I never took to time to see if it was a BEC/power supply issue or just weak servos.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

I have the FMS 1700mm Ferocious Frankie, I have had it about 4 years... it flies great... great presence in the air... a smidge underpowered. I would say my biggest complaint is almost from day one, the mini servos that close the quarter (small) separate gear doors don't always close in flight. I never took to time to see if it was a BEC/power supply issue or just weak servos.
                                        Yes, my V2 1700mm FMS Corsair was the same way - a bit sluggish. I installed the 360kv motor from the FMS Pitts and it livened it up quite a bit. Then I put on the V3 Corsair prop and it's very satisfactory now. I believe the version of the P-51 coming in Feb. will have the 360kv motor as stock.

Comment

I'm actually eye balling the FMS 1700mm P-51 "Red Tail", which should come out with their latest version next Feb. However, if FL made one close to that size (or slightly bigger), I'd certainly give it high consideration. I had the Eflite 1500 P-51 for a while but I didn't like those goofy "invasion stripes" on the wings and when someone expressed interest in buying one, I sold him mine. Been looking for a replacement since.
                                          Fact is, there are P-51s available in decent quality and various sizes even if you don't like the decor.

For lots of cool planes there is no current choice worth having (Hawker Hunter, F-106, Skyray, for a few examples).

Comment

Working...
                                          X