You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

do you have a 3dprinter?

I'm designing a 3d printed T-2A for a 90. Might have it ready before the end of the year assuming no hiccups.
    Really, wow. that is awesome and no, I don't have a 3D printer as of yet, maybe one day I will pick one up, let me see pics when your done with yours.

Comment

• DirtyDee is saving my life by sparing me from having to make these in mass pro!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha and Freewing have been knocking it out of the park!

I know they could do an incredible twin 70mm Canberra too!

I think both canopy types as an option would really increase sales!

It is a very clean airplane and would easily be Freewings fastest twin 70mm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          DirtyDee is saving my life by sparing me from having to make these in mass pro!
          Amen 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
          Some incredible 3D parts DD!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
            80 or 90mm Cougar please! Click image for larger version  Name:	51850EF9-B31D-4A57-8A95-3C4557DB0F0D.jpeg Views:	49 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	268036
            LOVE the two seater! I vote for this as well. I even bought a plastic kit as reference.

I used to instruct on NAS Whidbey when the prowler was there!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	T-38s-w-59-crew-to-NASA-Ames-Grand-Canyon-3-94-1024x661.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	268582

T-38

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• C 38 when transporting parts in the luggage pod.

Comment

• I could never tell the difference between an F5, T-38 or F-20, except maybe one of them having 2 seats. I had the FW F-5 and for me, it was a horrible plane to fly. It was twitchy and was like trying to control a jitter bug. Mine jitter bugged it's way into a lake a few years ago. Yesterday, a friend brought his F-5 to re-maiden after some extensive repairs from previous crashes (due to control difficulties) and once again, it was all over the sky. When he lowered the gear, it almost crashed. Oh, and he had a gyro in it. Landed it with great difficulty and broke more stuff. IMO, the F-5 was a failure, so if a T-38 would have similar flight characteristics, well .................................................. ....

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I could never tell the difference between an F5, T-38 or F-20, except maybe one of them having 2 seats. I had the FW F-5 and for me, it was a horrible plane to fly. It was twitchy and was like trying to control a jitter bug. Mine jitter bugged it's way into a lake a few years ago. Yesterday, a friend brought his F-5 to re-maiden after some extensive repairs from previous crashes (due to control difficulties) and once again, it was all over the sky. When he lowered the gear, it almost crashed. Oh, and he had a gyro in it. Landed it with great difficulty and broke more stuff. IMO, the F-5 was a failure, so if a T-38 would have similar flight characteristics, well .................................................. ....
                    Bigger would be better as far as the T-38 goes there are several scratch builds out there that fly extremely well.

Mike

Comment

I could never tell the difference between an F5, T-38 or F-20, except maybe one of them having 2 seats. I had the FW F-5 and for me, it was a horrible plane to fly. It was twitchy and was like trying to control a jitter bug. Mine jitter bugged it's way into a lake a few years ago. Yesterday, a friend brought his F-5 to re-maiden after some extensive repairs from previous crashes (due to control difficulties) and once again, it was all over the sky. When he lowered the gear, it almost crashed. Oh, and he had a gyro in it. Landed it with great difficulty and broke more stuff. IMO, the F-5 was a failure, so if a T-38 would have similar flight characteristics, well .................................................. ....
                      It’s a fantastic flying little jet! The red and white scheme just pops, I love it. It can really move on the new FW 80mm IR and a Roaring Top 70c 4400 too!

Would love to see a twin 70mm though for sure. I’d pick the T-38

Comment

• I'm still holding out for an O-2/Cessna 336 in the 1400-1500mm range. Lots of options for paint schemes so it would be a great candidate for a base gray or white, with decals optional.

I'm loving my T-33, so some other early cold war jets would be neat, perhaps an F-3D Skyknight.

I like the twin 70mm Canberra and 80 or 90mm T-38 suggestions also.

JB

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                          I'm still holding out for an O-2/Cessna 336 in the 1400-1500mm range. Lots of options for paint schemes so it would be a great candidate for a base gray or white, with decals optional.

I'm loving my T-33, so some other early cold war jets would be neat, perhaps an F-3D Skyknight.

I like the twin 70mm Canberra and 80 or 90mm T-38 suggestions also.

JB
                          Skyknight yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                            C 38 when transporting parts in the luggage pod.
                            I remember an episode of :"The Six Million Dollar Man" where Steve Austin used the Thunderbirds as a cover to help smuggle out a prince (I think) after his father had an "accident" and the head of the military took over the country. The smuggled the kid out in a specially modified T-38 nose.

Comment

I absolutely love my F-5, I've got 2. To me it's been a stable flyer and a very predictable landing bird.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	e4e5590203919d46b042bfdccc848d11.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	268756

OV-1.

Mike

Comment

• There are minor differences between the T-38 and the F-5, primarily in the cockpit configuration. The F-5 typically has a single-seat cockpit, while the T-38 is a dual-seater. The easiest way to spot the F-20 from either the T-38 or the F-5, is that the Tigershark has a single, larger engine exhaust nozzle, as opposed to the dual exhausts of the other two.

Comment

• I would LOVE a really nice scale EPO T-38. I've converted a Freewing F-5 to a T-38 (see below). Flies real stable, with and without a gyro; but lands hot/heavy. Use 5200 and 6200/6250 6S with an FMS 80mm 2100 Platinum Pro V2 EDF/100amp Eflite ESC.
                                    Got rid of that annoying yaw to the right with gear extension by cutting a NLG access opening and gluing the gear door shut. BTW, making that cockpit and fabricating the canopies was the worst part.
                                    BUT the FW F-5 is a very dated platform and a dedicated remake to a scale T-38 would be fantastic.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	T-38.JPG Views:	0 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	268791

Comment

• Fella's PLEASE!
                                      It's gotta be a P-51B/C and like the Corsair, you can get either a standard or Malcom hood.
                                      One of the colors schemes will be Major James Howard CMH!
                                      Alpha all but said it when he stated that if you wanted a sure fire selling airplane it's got to be either a Mustang or a Piper Cub, I'm betting a Mustang!!
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25735.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	268871 may she rest in pieces

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm betting its a P-51, likely a D, maybe a B variant.

Comment

• D's will always outsell B's or C's but the latter have their fanbase too. My vote is for a 1600mm+ D with all the bells and whistles. If not that, then please let it be either a 2000mm+ B-17 or B-25 or 1600mm+ BF-109.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X