You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

PC, It a beauty for sure and would need to be at least 1400mm to do the "parachute modification". Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
    This is another case where, if you have to have a one of these in a larger size, you need to haunt Ebay and the discussion forum classifieds and not wait for a new model.

If MRC were to do an Icon A-5, it would need to be at least as large as the old DZ Hobby 1.8m/72” span Icon A5. Hobbyking also sold it for a while with a motor designed for 6s lipos.

The little PZ Icon was 1.33 m in span and was a little small, IMO. And there are still lots of them around in owners hands, even if discontinued.

I still have my DZ Hobby big Icon A5, but have not flown it for couple of years. I got the kit before HK got involved in it and set mine up with a Power 32 clone on 4s. Worked very well. The only issue with the big one was the crappy mechanical nose gear retract. The mains were fine. I converted mine to a pure seaplane and removed the retracts.

A good flyer with excellent water handling. You must get the CG correct.

Here is a picture of the kit, me and the model to convey the size, and of mine taking off at a Dallas area float fly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tab28682; Jun 28, 2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

That kit looks awesome, but I couldn't transport it unless I bought a trailer. I wonder if it breaks down for transport more then just taking off the wing?
      Since you are the builder, you can decide how it breaks down. I would plan on a 3 piece wing and a 2 part fuselage if I ever get to it. A few carbon tubes and plywood bulkheads should do the trick. Maybe I could even get away with a 1 piece fuselage, but the Stabs would need to detach.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

Was that interest renewed by that great B-29 at the Warbird event at Bomber Field?...:) Pic attached. Loved everything about it but the three bladed props....sigh.

I was guessing that it was the Don Smith design, but did not double check it's wingspan. Looked about right.

I have one of the foam and vac plastic semi kits, about 80", B-29, that was a thread on RC groups about 12 years ago, stashed back in my collection. Same one that Stu flies at BEST.

Would very gladly sell it on if FW did a 2 to 2.2 meter PnP. Even at that size, it will be a small looking model due to the high aspect ratio wing.
        That definitely was part of it! Same impressions overall, also seemed very heavy on takeoff and landing. Would want to lighten it up and go with a 4 blade electric setup. I talked with the builder for a while through the details, and it was the 141” Don Smith kit. I have the Wowplanes semi-scale kit in the closet as well, but the scale lines are so far off in many parts, I’ve pretty much given up on it. It really would need a set of new wings and nacelles cut for it to look correct. I’m getting setup to move out of my apartment and into a house, so hopefully then I’ll have the bench space to take on some of these larger builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

That definitely was part of it! Same impressions overall, also seemed very heavy on takeoff and landing. Would want to lighten it up and go with a 4 blade electric setup. I talked with the builder for a while through the details, and it was the 141” Don Smith kit. I have the Wowplanes semi-scale kit in the closet as well, but the scale lines are so far off in many parts, I’ve pretty much given up on it. It really would need a set of new wings and nacelles cut for it to look correct. I’m getting setup to move out of my apartment and into a house, so hopefully then I’ll have the bench space to take on some of these larger builds.
          My B-29 semi kit is the Jim Young design.

I never cared for the Wowplanes B-29, either. (or most of the other Wowplanes, either)

That Don Smith 141" B-29 would be an epic build, for sure.

Getting back to the topic, I would certainly settle for a nice 1.8m A-26 from Flightline.

Comment

• I have the wow planes too. I agree the wings and nacelles are just not right. It needs some washout too
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• My first choice would be an F4F WIldcat. Yes I know the gear could be problematic, but maybe not. Then in no particular order;
              A6M2 Zero 1600mm
              FW190 A8 in a 1600mm size
              Hawker Typhoon 1600mm
              F8 Crusader - Anything thing known as the Gunfighter should be a great flying airplane. Maybe 2 sizes.
              A7 Corsair II
              RF4 Phantom or maybe an upgrade kit for existing model

Comment

• Hello Mikep51D and welcome to the Squawk
                Seeing as this is your first post and maybe you aren't all that familiar with Motion RC's lineup of Freewing airframes, just wanted to
                let you know that a 64mm EDF F-8 Crusader came out in fall of 2017.

Here's the Official Freewing 64mm F-8 Crusader Thread and here is the product page
                Unfortunately it is presently out of stock but they will get more.

Best regards,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• As mentioned by several of you, I think a large TBM or Wildcat would be great.
                  I’d still like to see an 80 or 90mm F4D-1 Skyray or F11F Tiger.

Comment

• I'm not much into foam, but I'd be all over a Wildcat, say 1600mm or bigger. With working retracts of course. There are certain planes that I don't care what they're made of, as long as they're done right. The F4F tops that list.

Comment

• landing gear maybe troublesome!!!! 4 the wildcat.... i do like f4f f6f,,,, had couple dynam hellcats.... great plane with 650 kv... but u just dont see many zeros .. its still zero 4 me 1600 of course.. then james and patrick can have a real pacific shootout..... f4u will still win of course

Comment

• Yeah the gear are always the deal breaker for ARF manufacturers. Even though they could also be used in an F3F biplanes and at least one of the Grumman amphibians. And with some tweaking perhaps in other amphibs like the PBY-5, CL-215/415, Albatross, etc.

Comment

• I would love to see a large panther

Comment

• I could also go for a large Panther, or Cougar.

Comment

• 80 or 90mm Cougar please! Click image for larger version

Name:	51850EF9-B31D-4A57-8A95-3C4557DB0F0D.jpeg
Views:	571
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	268036

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                80 or 90mm Cougar please! Click image for larger version  Name:	51850EF9-B31D-4A57-8A95-3C4557DB0F0D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	268036
                                Yes, yes, yes...... pretty please..... Click image for larger version

Name:	happy-exicted-please.gif
Views:	496
Size:	761.7 KB
ID:	268038

Comment

• Well with the release of the MiG-29, we can cross one 29 off the list. We’re about due for a multi engine Flightline bird, so hoping that a 2400mm Superfortress will be on the lineup next!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Well with the release of the MiG-29, we can cross one 29 off the list. We’re about due for a multi engine Flightline bird, so hoping that a 2400mm Superfortress will be on the lineup next!
                                    Rather have a "Mossie" or it's little brother the Hornet. Or how about some TOTALLY NEW 70, 64, or even 50 mm jets for those of us who don't have the wide open spaces

Comment

• I still would like to have an F100 from freewing, 80 mm would be fine.

Comment

• I would like a 90mm T-2 Buckeye done up in the T-45 colors....

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                          I would like a 90mm T-2 Buckeye done up in the T-45 colors....
                                          do you have a 3dprinter?

I'm designing a 3d printed T-2A for a 90. Might have it ready before the end of the year assuming no hiccups.

Comment

Working...
                                          X