You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

You think they'd go after that one right now with the FMS 1500mm still out there?
    If it was a 1600-1800mm, heck yes. I had the FMS one and it flew nice but you couldn't lay a fingerprint on it without it making an indent in the foam. Besides, it's pretty well known FMS has come out with the same model after Freewing/FlightLine has more than a few times so what's a little returning the favor?

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• we need a large zero …..

Comment

• I’ll second the new zero

gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

If it was a 1600-1800mm, heck yes. I had the FMS one and it flew nice but you couldn't lay a fingerprint on it without it making an indent in the foam. Besides, it's pretty well known FMS has come out with the same model after Freewing/FlightLine has more than a few times so what's a little returning the favor?

I think FlightLine will continue to expand its 1600mm+ warbird line while FMS focuses on its 1400-1500mm warbirds. I note that all the FMS warbirds except the P-40 have been on sale for awhile on fmsmodel.com. Could well be a sign of inventory reduction as a prelude to the release of improved versions.

Comment

• I’d love to see/have a 90mm A-7ll or a F-105, who wouldn’t want a giant 90mm F-105, I’ll take 2/4. But I would really like to see a A-7ll Corsair, it’s a stable bird, great looking and think of all those unit liveries you could get Callie to do.
            I’d also like to see FW/MRC continue developing Airliners in the 70/80 size. I think anything larger is going to cost to much and hard to move/store/transport. The new HSD 747 is a great looking jet, but holy cow is she BIG! And it’s a WHOPPING 37lbs AUW! I’ll say that again, a foamy 4x90mm EDF has a AUW of 37 ‘’’)$$&(?!’ POUNDS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
              I’ll second the new zero

gravy
              A Zero would be nice, especially in fleet white.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                I disagree with your assessment. The B-2 is mostly dark grey, with black trim. An entire black plane is out, but a dark grey with some black trim isn’t that far from what they’ve already made. As for engine pods, if they were “cost effective” for the Airliner, I see no difference here. The design and mounting would be nearly identical. For the XB-70, I’m still sad that I missed out on the Nicesky version. Have hunted for one for years with no success. Personally, I would love one a bit larger though, maybe for twin 70s or 80s. The Nicesky version had an extra tall intake to accommodate the single fan setup. Switching to multiple fans would allow that thickness to be brought back down to scale size. I saw Brent Becker’s awesome quad 70mm scratchbuilt model this year and it was an awesome sight to behold! As for the B-52, it certainly would be big!! I would think it would around a 2m span. Retracts can actual be done fairly simply. John Morgan used 2 standard retracts in the back, and 2 nose retracts up front and it worked quite well. This model was made from the park flyer plastics plans with 40mm edfs and it flew great!
                I feel there is another reason why we don't see any post-WWII. It is the fact that many have a stigma attached to them. Think of it, we all ready have a four engined B-24, so how much more of a strain would it be to use it as a basis for a B-29/B-50, or to have six pushers and faux jet pods on a B-36? The reason is that the B-29 is connected too much to the atomic bombings and Korea. The B-52 is stained by Vietnam. And all the ones in between and after the BUFF, excluding the B-2, aren't as well known.

Comment

• I'd love to see a 1600 FW190 from Flightline - please make the swastika decal optional for user use though, if included at all. Some may want it for historical accuracy, but there's no way it'll ever adorn any of my German aircraft (family history) and it's display in Germany is punishable by a 10,000 euro fine... Historically, I think the original symbol dates back a long, long way and has religious connotations in Hinduism and Bhuddism - the Nazi one is a variation on that classic symbol - the Nazi variation has its roots in the occultist teachings of Felix Niedner, Lanz von Liebenfels ,Hans Heinz Ewers and others. The "philosophy" was spread through Thule societies and "volkishe" groups - Hitler was a devotee of all this stuff, reputedly met Liebenfels and was "guided" by these people. So, with all that in mind, Nazi swastika is not for me.. Back to the 190 - FMS's revamped "yellow" version is a decent realisation of it, but I'm sure Alpha and Flightline could do a great version of it. Whether the resultant market share is worth the investment, I don't know ...At 1600mm I reckon the retracts and mounts may need beefing up a bit, the long spindly oleos will amplify the stresses imposed on them by less than perfect landings...Making the 190s strut supports scale in the sense that they provide the suspension, like a kind of trailing link might help with that...? On the P51, yes, I too would love to see a 'B' variant at that scale - the only other one out there is the 1400 FMS Dallas Darling, and only the 'D' variant is available at a larger scale, so a 1600 P51B could perhaps provide a better return overall.
                  Last edited by Neil from Model Squadron; Nov 9, 2019, 06:42 AM. Reason: edited to add thoughts on P51B

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil from Model Squadron View Post
                    I'd love to see a 1600 FW190 from Flightline - please make the swastika decal optional for user use though, if included at all. Some may want it for historical accuracy, but there's no way it'll ever adorn any of my German aircraft (family history) and it's display in Germany is punishable by a 10,000 euro fine... Historically, I think the original symbol dates back a long, long way and has religious connotations in Hinduism and Bhuddism - the Nazi one is a variation on that classic symbol - the Nazi variation has its roots in the occultist teachings of Felix Niedner, Lanz von Liebenfels ,Hans Heinz Ewers and others. The "philosophy" was spread through Thule societies and "volkishe" groups - Hitler was a devotee of all this stuff, reputedly met Liebenfels and was "guided" by these people. So, with all that in mind, Nazi swastika is not for me.. Back to the 190 - FMS's revamped "yellow" version is a decent realisation of it, but I'm sure Alpha and Flightline could do a great version of it. Whether the resultant market share is worth the investment, I don't know ...At 1600mm I reckon the retracts and mounts may need beefing up a bit, the long spindly oleos will amplify the stresses imposed on them by less than perfect landings...Making the 190s strut supports scale in the sense that they provide the suspension, like a kind of trailing link might help with that...? On the P51, yes, I too would love to see a 'B' variant at that scale - the only other one out there is the 1400 FMS Dallas Darling, and only the 'D' variant is available at a larger scale, so a 1600 P51B could perhaps provide a better return overall.
                    Neil,

Not to get off on a symbol/religious track but the reverse, that is the say the mirror image or opposite to the swastika symbol as we know it to be when associated with Hitler, adorns Buddhist temples all over S. Korea to this very day. I've always associated hooks to right with the Nazi party and hooks to the left with religious temples. There's a book written by a Japanese fellow that explains the Nazi symbol as not a swastika, but in fact a bent cross... haven't read the book myself.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I feel there is another reason why we don't see any post-WWII. It is the fact that many have a stigma attached to them. Think of it, we all ready have a four engined B-24, so how much more of a strain would it be to use it as a basis for a B-29/B-50, or to have six pushers and faux jet pods on a B-36? The reason is that the B-29 is connected too much to the atomic bombings and Korea. The B-52 is stained by Vietnam. And all the ones in between and after the BUFF, excluding the B-2, aren't as well known.
                      It doesn't help, either, that the B-36 never saw combat action. She was a massive bird, and the last of the true "flying fortresses." During her time in service with the US Air Force, she was equipped for conventional and nuclear bomb delivery, for reconnaissance work, for research in the "parasite fighter" program, and one was even equipped with a working nuclear reactor, to test the effects of a reactor on an working airframe, as part of a study on the feasibility of a nuclear powered aircraft. With the NB-36, the cockpit was shielded with so much lead to protect the flight crew from possible radiation poisoning, that it was said to be as quiet in the cockpit as a glider.

There's something, though, about crews riding an aircraft into combat, that creates a deeper sense of attachment to the plane.

Comment

• It doesn't seem that a "practical" B-36 would be that hard to do. Six smaller motors and ESCs wouldn't be as expensive as four larger ones. Single tail vs. two like on the B-24. It would have fairly large wheels for grass ops. A two or three piece fuse for easy transport and shipping.

Maybe the biggest reason it hasn't been done is possible lack of market to support the cost to make. I don't know how well the B-24 has done for Flightline.

Both the B-29 and the B-36 would be on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                          . It would have fairly large wheels for grass ops.
                          There's a simple SCALE answer to that. Go with the mains from the XB-36:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigwheel.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	218768

Name:	bigwheel2.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	218769

They had to go to the 4 wheel mains to distribute the weight, otherwise the Peacemaker would have been limited to certain fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Yeah, no doubt FMS has been right behind FW on quite a few releases! But, Alpha has been pretty open about taking the higher road on that kind of thing. Even to the point of back burning the C130 since Avios had one coming. That's the only reason I ask.

But, I think between the EDF craze and Eflite keeping them busy playing catch up, I don't see FMS putting much effort or attention into their own line of warbirds anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

There's a simple SCALE answer to that. Go with the mains from the XB-36:

Views:	578
ID:	218768

Name:	bigwheel2.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	218769

They had to go to the 4 wheel mains to distribute the weight, otherwise the Peacemaker would have been limited to certain fields.
                              Um. That's a big wheel.

"Grass-friendly undercarriage"... Check!
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Um. That's a big wheel.

"Grass-friendly undercarriage"... Check!
                                No this is a Big Wheel:

Name:	bigwheelO1_500.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	218903

This is a big tire:

Views:	544
ID:	218904

Comment

• Believe it or not, there was actually an idea to install a tractor-tread main gear on the B-36. I don't think it ever got much past the drawing board.

Edit - they actually tested it.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    This thread is over 2 years old, so I’m curious ............................... Since this thread began, of all the suggestions of what people wanted, how many of those actually came to fruition?
                                    As for me? I’d still like to see a Vulcan. It doesn’t have to be a quad. A twin will do.
                                    I asked for a twin 70 or 90mm F-22... but that request was about 6 months prior to its release last year. I wanted TV though...

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                                      Wondering when a 1600mm FW190 will join the FlightLine group of WWII Warbirds. Either with or without the Swastika. It's ironic that the swastika was once a "good luck" symbol... Click image for larger version  Name:	Focke Wulf FW-190 (7).jpg Views:	111 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	218568
                                      Would love a well-done 1.6m Fw-190! Would prefer a D-9, personally, as there aren’t any quality foam D-9s on the market now. HK re-released their Starmax 1.6m A-8, and I have one, but it’s not the quality of FlightLine 1.6m warbirds.

RE: tail swastikas. I wish that the tail swastikas would at least be included with the plane. Otherwise, I have to buy them elsewhere (ie., from Callie). Luftwaffe warbirds just don’t look right without the proper tail insignia.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• +1 on including the tail decals.

Comment

• Agreed that all markings should be included. This allows the 'owner' the choice as it should be. As a manufacturer, the choice is obviously theirs whether to include these with the kit, though 'swastikas' could be offered both Clockwise & Counter-Clockwise for those who want actual or semi-actual or not at all. Just sayin'. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X