You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    This thread is over 2 years old, so I’m curious ............................... Since this thread began, of all the suggestions of what people wanted, how many of those actually came to fruition?
    As for me? I’d still like to see a Vulcan. It doesn’t have to be a quad. A twin will do.
    By just looking at the first few pages of this thread you can see that several airplanes have already come to fruition. I would say there has been some significant progress in just 2 years considering the time it takes to develop a new model.
    And if you look further you will there have been even more.

F4U Corsair
    F4 Phantom
    F-22 Raptor
    New F-18 Hornet
    F8F Bearcat
    L-39
    F-35

Here are some of the top requested models we are still waiting on.

F-100 Super Saber
    F-105 Thud (Larger)
    F-106 Delta Dart
    Mig-15 (Larger)
    F9F Panther (Larger)
    B1b Lancer
    B-29
    AJS-37 Viggen
    Rafale
    T-33

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

By just looking at the first few pages of this thread you can see that several airplanes have already come to fruition. I would say there has been some significant progress in just 2 years considering the time it takes to develop a new model.

F4U Corsair
      F4 Phantom
      F-22 Raptor
      New F-18 Hornet
      F8F Bearcat
      L-39
      F-35

Here are some of the top requested models we are still waiting on.

F-100 Super Saber
      F-105 Thud (Larger)
      F-106 Delta Dart
      Mig-15 (Larger)
      F9F Panther (Larger)
      B1b Lancer
      B-29
      AJS-37 Viggen
      Rafale
      T-33
      You forgot something:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_41867.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	214995 And for sake of clarity this is not the real airplane, it's the NiceSky version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

You forgot something:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_41867.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	214995 And for sake of clarity this is not the real airplane, it's the NiceSky version.
        That would be a cool model to see made. But are you prepared to get one in the case its made into a larger size than expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Who knew they tested the F-16 with vectored thrust!

https://youtu.be/qmIQAOG789E
          Yeah, I saw this shorty after the video was released nearly 3 decades ago. They never actually used it on a production F-16.

Are you saying you'd like to see vectored thrust on the F-16 model as this thread is a sort of "wish list" for the next Freewing model? I've got the Freewing F-18 with VT, also the Freewing SU-35 VT, along with the Freewing (SebArt) Mig 29 VT and I had the Eurofighter with VT. With the exception of the Mig-29, vectored thrust on the other planes is a gimmick and a useless feature which added nothing but complication to what could have been a very good, simple model. I somehow doubt Freewing will go that route on a new plane.

Comment

F4U Corsair
            F4 Phantom
            F-22 Raptor
            New F-18 Hornet
            F8F Bearcat
            L-39
            F-35
            I have more than 1/2 of these myself. I guess they do listen to the answers when they ask a question.

Comment

• Have all of them! Addictive

Comment

• Running out of room.

Comment

That would be a cool model to see made. But are you prepared to get one in the case its made into a larger size than expected?
                  Well, the original was a 70 mm, and it's pretty big, and I don't see how it could be mass produced bigger, but it would be hard not to unless the price + batteries were over $1000. It was at $250, and the 4s 2200s
                  were running around $50, but that was 10 years ago. I think that if it was an 80mm and running 6s I'd make the jump.

Comment

Yeah, I saw this shorty after the video was released nearly 3 decades ago. They never actually used it on a production F-16.

Are you saying you'd like to see vectored thrust on the F-16 model as this thread is a sort of "wish list" for the next Freewing model? I've got the Freewing F-18 with VT, also the Freewing SU-35 VT, along with the Freewing (SebArt) Mig 29 VT and I had the Eurofighter with VT. With the exception of the Mig-29, vectored thrust on the other planes is a gimmick and a useless feature which added nothing but complication to what could have been a very good, simple model. I somehow doubt Freewing will go that route on a new plane.
                    I honestly think that VT in their conventional F-16 90mm would be a gimmick, however VT in an F-16XL would probably be awesome due to it having a delta wing. Deltas seem to be even better when adding VT.

I wanted the F-18 90mm with VT, and and the FW Eurofighter with VT even more! However I only discovered FW and MRC last year and by the time I did those two weren't available.

Due to your praise I now own 2 of the Sebart Mig-29's with VT. I ordered the gray, they sent me the red by mistake, then I got the gray one. I was hesitant because of the EPS foam, but you've had yours awhile and I've seen you praise it on here probably no less than 8 times.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the FW SU-35 VT though, I've seen far too many videos on the ol' YouTube showing that model was MADE for VT!

Comment

I have more than 1/2 of these myself. I guess they do listen to the answers when they ask a question.
                      Viper that is a matter of opinion. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I honestly think that VT in their conventional F-16 90mm would be a gimmick, however VT in an F-16XL would probably be awesome due to it having a delta wing. Deltas seem to be even better when adding VT.

I wanted the F-18 90mm with VT, and and the FW Eurofighter with VT even more! However I only discovered FW and MRC last year and by the time I did those two weren't available.

Due to your praise I now own 2 of the Sebart Mig-29's with VT. I ordered the gray, they sent me the red by mistake, then I got the gray one. I was hesitant because of the EPS foam, but you've had yours awhile and I've seen you praise it on here probably no less than 8 times.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the FW SU-35 VT though, I've seen far too many videos on the ol' YouTube showing that model was MADE for VT!
                        I have two of the Mig 29's, too and as you've noted, I think it's wonderful. I love the SU-35 as well but I haven't found the VT to be that useful. I just don't fly it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Viper that is a matter of opinion. W
                          I think MRC/FW have proven they listen to their customer base! Just because they don't make off the wall planes that would be a huge risk and likely a money loser, doesn't mean they aren't listening to their customers!

Comment

• If the F-14 main gear could be revised to be less exposed I'd buy one, those wheels just kill the look when tucked up like chicken feet. Same with the SU, would easily settle for a non-scale bay in contrast.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I think MRC/FW have proven they listen to their customer base! Just because they don't make off the wall planes that would be a huge risk and likely a money loser, doesn't mean they aren't listening to their customers!
                              I didn't ask for your opinion mate. But thanks anyway. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus View Post
                                If the F-14 main gear could be revised to be less exposed I'd buy one, those wheels just kill the look when tucked up like chicken feet. Same with the SU, would easily settle for a non-scale bay in contrast.
                                You know, the F-14 is kind of my, "Elinor". I built a JHH, (Jet Hanger Hobbies) F-14 many years ago. Needles to say I completely destroyed it in every conceivable way the very first time I flew it. With about 25 on lookers I might add, LOL. So to say it smarted a bit is a sever understatement. If and when
                                I decide I can stand to own one again, it will be a Freewing for sure. Good luck finding one better, OH Jet Hanger Hobbies has a better one. It will take at least a year to assemble. Good luck mate. W

Comment

You know, the F-14 is kind of my, "Elinor". I built a JHH, (Jet Hanger Hobbies) F-14 many years ago. Needles to say I completely destroyed it in every conceivable way the very first time I flew it. With about 25 on lookers I might add, LOL. So to say it smarted a bit is a sever understatement. If and when
                                  I decide I can stand to own one again, it will be a Freewing for sure. Good luck finding one better, OH Jet Hanger Hobbies has a better one. It will take at least a year to assemble. Good luck mate. W
                                  I'll find one better when they stow the mains, that's all I was saying. It's a great model and hats off to FW for it being as good as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus View Post

I'll find one better when they stow the mains, that's all I was saying. It's a great model and hats off to FW for it being as good as it is.
                                    By the way mate, Welcome to, "Hobby Squawk"! Ya know F-14's aren't real plenty-full in the modeling world. When you compare the cost and quality of the FW F-14. The deal is phenomenal. Best part the plane actually works. Good luck.
                                    W

Comment

I didn't ask for your opinion mate. But thanks anyway. W
                                      Perks of a public forum!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

The thing is that on that short list, practically everybody wants the F-100, and aside from the FlyFly, nobody has made one. I'd even consider it depending on the size and if I can get back up to speed on jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

The thing is that on that short list, practically everybody wants the F-100, and aside from the FlyFly, nobody has made one. I'd even consider it depending on the size and if I can get back up to speed on jets.
                                          I agree on a F100. While it isn't for me, it is highly requested all over the place. It would seem that one would definitely sell well if you go by social media and forums!

Comment

Working...
                                          X