You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent choices, Thank you, Matt

Comment

• I need a nice A1 pls

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
        I need a nice A1 pls
        Roger that! Thank you, Matt

Comment

• I would like a nice FlightLine:

In no particular order:

A-26
          B-29
          Ju88
          He111
          G4M Betty
          Ki46 Dinah
          K-46 Nick
          AR234
          TBF Avenger

See! Easy to make me happy!

Bob

Comment

• Arcangel gooniac33 same here for MiG 29..hope for twin 90mm or single inrunner 110mm with nice details scale..

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
              I would like a nice FlightLine:

In no particular order:

A-26
              B-29
              Ju88
              He111
              G4M Betty
              Ki46 Dinah
              K-46 Nick
              AR234
              TBF Avenger

See! Easy to make me happy!

Bob
              I'd love to see a 1700 or 1800mm Grumman Avenger with a released "radio controlled" electric powered torpedo.....BAM!!! :)

Comment

• After buying and flying the 90mm Freeing the Hp F-15 , 90mm F-104 and 90mm T-45 for over a year, I got disappointed In there short flight times I just sold them all recently . The 80mm F-5 I have been flying for 2 years now is is great and the 70mm Alaskan F-16 is fantastic. Iam hoping. For a 70mm. 6s single fan T-38 and waiting on my FMS F-18F to arrive. I think with the current battery technology the 70mm 6s jets are the sweet spot and the 80mm fans are pushing the envelope and 90mm fans are just too hard on the batteries. I think the industry is noticing that and they have a better price point. Keep the 70mm 6s jets coming.

My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• I'd agree Apache, just for me the sweet spot is the 80mm jets for a bigger size and a good compromise on duration. Some of the 80mm planes are as well detailed as the super scale 90s but with longer flight times.

Comment

• Its time for MotionRC to go to the 105mm on 10S. The higher voltage does not have the amp draw, therefore extending the flight time. Or they could go to a 120mm on 12S since we all have the 6S for our 80mm jets anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                      Its time for MotionRC to go to the 105mm on 10S. The higher voltage does not have the amp draw, therefore extending the flight time. Or they could go to a 120mm on 12S since we all have the 6S for our 80mm jets anyway.
                      I totally agree, Alpha did say that wasn't the plan and they just wouldn't sell.......Shame. 105mm is an odd size though and so is a 10s pack not many things use a 5s set up? , make it 110 or 120mm and use 12s, like you said it uses the existing 6s packs we already have. Technically the twin 80mm A-10 is a 12s so no different to the pack people use in that. Buy four good quality 6s batteries and a 12v leisure battery for your charger, get a fun depron 3s flyer to fill the time in-between charging and spotting for other flyers. Job done and you can fly all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                        I totally agree, Alpha did say that wasn't the plan and they just wouldn't sell.......Shame. 105mm is an odd size though and so is a 10s pack not many things use a 5s set up? , make it 110 or 120mm and use 12s, like you said it uses the existing 6s packs we already have. Technically the twin 80mm A-10 is a 12s so no different to the pack people use in that. Buy four good quality 6s batteries and a 12v leisure battery for your charger, get a fun depron 3s flyer to fill the time in-between charging and spotting for other flyers. Job done and you can fly all day.
                        Technically it is not...........what IEEE school in the UK teaches that.
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• no order but here ya go
                          b29 (big)
                          F100
                          do335
                          B1B (big)
                          Horton wing
                          It's always difficult to come up with the best planes as there are so many good choices

rc flyin addict

Comment

• A larger PBY Catalina

Please check out my blog under "Hobby Squawk Feedback". There are no large EPO flying boats available. The Dynam Catalina is for ponds. We need something that can handle a little more wave action.

I think I have made a pretty good argument for this in my blog, Please have a look! Thanks! Bluebird

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Technically it is not...........what IEEE school in the UK teaches that.
                              Ha! OK so NOT technically, what ever, wrong choice of word, its got two 6s batteries in it powering two fans, who cares, its got 12s in it as a total cell count, its got the same batteries in it that i use to power my HSD F-16, its got the same batteries that power my 120mm eurofighter, its got the same batteries that power the 120mm super viper. Yes they are plugged in parallel but you've missed my point. Did I say it got the same battery packs!

Technically not technically but if you have an FW A-10 or F14 twin 80 you could without additional costs have a 110 or 120 edf powered jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

Ha! OK so NOT technically, what ever, wrong choice of word, its got two 6s batteries in it powering two fans, who cares, its got 12s in it as a total cell count, its got the same batteries in it that i use to power my HSD F-16, its got the same batteries that power my 120mm eurofighter, its got the same batteries that power the 120mm super viper. Yes they are plugged in parallel but you've missed my point. Did I say it got the same battery packs!

Technically not technically but if you have an FW A-10 or F14 twin 80 you could without additional costs have a 110 or 120 edf powered jet.

Same BATTERY costs...

But the bigger fan costs more. The bigger plane costs more, the higher power servos to go with the bigger, faster plane will cost more...

Better cooling of smaller packs has me d a lot of series connecting of 3S packs. If the custom wire harness wasn't going to be so obnoxious for my planes that need 12S 4000-5000 mah, I'd go to all 3S 2200 mah packs.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Same BATTERY costs...

But the bigger fan costs more. The bigger plane costs more, the higher power servos to go with the bigger, faster plane will cost more...

Better cooling of smaller packs has me d a lot of series connecting of 3S packs. If the custom wire harness wasn't going to be so obnoxious for my planes that need 12S 4000-5000 mah, I'd go to all 3S 2200 mah packs.
                                  Absolutely, but if we're looking at say the kind of person who would buy a 110/120mmedf plane they would possibly have already a twin 80mm F-14 or A-10. As for cost the A-10 at approximately $600 would they mind say $800 or thereabouts (keep in mind the HSD F-16 is around $800 - If you can get one) for a bigger 110/120mm sized plane so they would already have in the hanger the battery packs needed for this next step up.
                                  This is all really rather irrelevant as I doubt Freewing will ever go bigger than 90mm. Shame As I would love to see a Freewing make some bigger EDFs.

Comment

• True Porkster,

The Freewing market is different than the larger EDF planes like HSD. Larger EDF units and are normally primers for jets. I started with the Freewing models and still fly them. (A10, Avanti, Venom and A4) Now moving up into the HSD105mm Viper and F16, building a 120mm F9F Cougar and just bought an HSD kingtec 60 jet viper. With that said, I would add to this hangar in a minute if Freewing came out with a 90mm F9F Panther or F86.

Comment

• F100

OV10

both larger size

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
                                        F100

OV10

both larger size
                                        ;) I like the way new comers come on here and wish for a :ov10 ARE YA LISTENING NUMBER ONE (Alpha LOL )

Welcome aboard JVH
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

;) I like the way new comers come on here and wish for a :ov10 ARE YA LISTENING NUMBER ONE (Alpha LOL )

Welcome aboard JVH
                                          Even those that don’t say it are thinking it.
                                          LOL:):ov10

Comment

Working...
                                          X