First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    :Cool:Got a Bush Mule two weeks ago! Getting a camo
    paint job soon...
    They are strange flying planes, can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something that's just not normal. Be sure and setup the differential throttle steering, it's pretty cool.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I, too, have a Bush Mule and enjoy flying it. Differential thrust is great on the ground. I don't care for it in the air though. When one prop slows down, the BM wants to fall out of the sky. I hated the gear on the BM and replaced the Main Struts with an AeroStar 40 strut and put 5" Dave Brown wheels on it. 4" Dave Brown Wheel on the front, IIRC. Now, it's a *****cat to land. With Spring rapidly approaching, I'll be trading the wheels for pontoons. Can't wait to get it on the water.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• I love water flying

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          I love water flying
          Love you RM!!!! Hope all Is going better this New Year! Thank you for your service Bro!

Comment

• Absolutely, a day at a time, so far so good :)

Comment

• Copy that!! Taking it one day at a time is all you can do!!
              I ordered the SU-35 yesterday from Motion. It just came back in stock. Should be a lot of fun!! Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-su-35-gray-camo-twin-70mm-edf-thrust-vectoring-jet-pnp-airplane-motion-rc-11275115782_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	120855

Comment

• The Su-35 is a beautiful aircraft. Looking forward to hearing your flight reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Copy that!! Taking it one day at a time is all you can do!!
                  I ordered the SU-35 yesterday from Motion. It just came back in stock. Should be a lot of fun!! Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing-su-35-gray-camo-twin-70mm-edf-thrust-vectoring-jet-pnp-airplane-motion-rc-11275115782_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	120855
                  Should be a blast man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                    The Su-35 is a beautiful aircraft. Looking forward to hearing your flight reports.
                    I will do that! I may even do a unboxing and build thread just to cover everything, including the thrust vectoring mixing for a DX-9 with a 9 channel receiver. I will have to do some creative wiring to get the A3-L gyro to work with the nozzles. It may require a Freewing 51 gyro instead. We shall see!!! Excited about this one!!!

Comment

• Ah! I wouldn't load the vector thrust to the gyro. Remember what happened to the raptor when the computer tried to take over and it pancaked on the runway. I'd just run them on their own and just have the surfaces on the gyro.

Comment

• Oh, I would sure have them on an on/off switch, as well as the gyro. I run the gyro on channel 7 Aux 2, but that is used for the programming for one of the thrust vectors, so........ :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks: and then we fly!!!!!!!!! LOL

Comment

• Yes! LOL

Comment

• Day 591: Maidened the Venom and the UMX GeeBee, it was a color matching thing today...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180305_195506614_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.8 KB ID:	121048

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180305_214308521_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	121047
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• That Gee Bee looks good.

Comment

• That GREEN looks good too LOL :P
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The Venom is apparently the best kept secret at Motion...this thing is awesome, I can't believe there's no more discussion about than there is:Confused:
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I agree TI...I was watching the Venom maiden by Pilot Ryan again last night and wondered the same thing. Why don't we see more about this offering?

That jet is AWESOME!

I was there when he did the maiden at the Grapevine fly-in last October, and I was extremely impressed. After watching the video again last night, I'm still in awe over seeing it in action.

I'm now thinking I need this one after I make room in the hangar.

Comment

• In the low 40s by me today, but went out with my FMS 750mm BF-109 and newly acquired Durafly Trojan.

I was surprised how nicely the Trojan flies and it's becoming my go-to for when I fly from the closer/smaller airfield. Full flaps and dive brake makes for a fun and slow landing.

Comment

• I had one of the original Durafly Trojan’s and it was a great plane. HobbyKing had a sale on the Trojan last week I was really tempted.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_21968.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.3 KB ID:	122331

I flew a Spitfire 380 / 890mm and that lasted one and a half flights. Its missing the cowl as thats how it was given to me. I had to do some work from a previous crash and after a few hours the plane was ready to roll.
                                          Had it on a 2826/6 2S 1800mah, lemon rx, Tactic micro 9g servos, no gyro. All balsa airplane, it flew real nice, nice clean high speed bankings and unlimited vertical. Made one mistake, the servo extension cable for the aileron got discpnnected, whrn I hooked it back I skipped one pin. Its the Lemon rx DSM2 that are sold w/o a case. So it was off by one pin. To make it worst I did not do the usual control check on the 2nd flight, I moved the sticks snd ailerons moved. So it turned out having the aileron servo off by one pin screws w the receiver so rudder was working it was all over the place, flying erratic, and seeing its a small warplane it immediately dropped a wing and hit the ground field as fast as it went up into the sky. Lesson learned for sure... its fine, was a freebie, but I did enjoyed how it flew for such a small scale. Its discontinued so cant get any spare parts, it did get chewed up badly, removed all electronics and threw it in the dumpster.

Sometimes one has to do this of throwing it away and prevent that so bad attachment feeling from certain airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X