Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, thanks a lot. It's too bad that those shows start at 3am German time. Watching the replay is OK, but is there any chance to relay the Discord chat on Twitch?

I'd like to comment on the Gripen nozzle design. The engine in the real bird is a derivative of the legacy F-18 engine, not F-16. The nozzle features 12 petals. Not sure if Alpha's "online design files" will ever be made available to the community. If this will happen with the Gripen upgrade nozzle, it might be worthwhile to modify it from 10 to 12.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nozzle rear view.JPG Views:	0 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	272828

Comment

• Alpha If you don't mind, and when you have the time, can you provide the dimensions needed to create the tailcone/nozzle for the TV set such as the length, inner diameter, the step inside needed for attachement to the plastic TV piece, etc.?

I'd like to practice drawing one in Fusion for fun.

Comment

• We're going live in 15 minutes for more meandering Freedraw Fun.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Watched the stream from 2 days ago, and I enjoyed the conversation about the do-it-yourself feasibility experiment for the Concorde. It reminded me of a plan released by Tony Nijhuis for a 4x50mm 6 foot long Concorde. Any of you builders out there wanting a Concorde, there is one available.

Comment

• Another RC Concorde kit

https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/concorde/2019-hm-modelltechnik-concorde-2x90mm-or-turbines-145m-arf.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGi...GxMyo7hNf/view

Comment

• Alpha crxmanpat Gentlemen, Just wanted to know where and when Alpha Live will show up for the next fun-filled episode. I can't seem to get in sync with the schedule or latest venues; my problem I know. I have been watching all the episodes on TwitchTV as reruns and those are fabulous. In any event I'd like to get back to watching live, if possible. Best, Steve
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Next up should be Friday at 9PM eastern. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Next up should be Friday at 9PM eastern. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken!
                  AG, Thank you, Sir. I understand that Alpha is trying out 'EWETOOB' as an alternative to TwitchTV. so I am looking for the time but also the format/venue ans a way to receive a notification before the next episode. Best, Steve
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, the normal schedule for us Continentals is 9 PM Eastern on Tuesday and Friday. Discord/Twitch and now YouTube. I was not able to stay on long last night as the hotel wi-fi didn't like having the three of those open at the same time.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

I have lots of experience dropping bombs from RC planes. I have mulled over the B-24 door idea for a couple of years and came to the same conclusion that the doors need to be sprung open with a spring and forget about trying to close them. Kind of like setting a rat trap. Also, a release mechanism in a bomber like the B-24 or B-17 is a waste of time as the doors opening fast will work fine with accuracy and no one can see them at altitude anyway open. The perfect altitude for almost any RC bomber is between 75 to 60 feet. Any higher and you better be good,(really good) and any lower and no one has a chance to see the bombs free fall. Loading with mechanisms just makes things more difficult. I have lots of planes with more then two bombs and I find that I end up disabling the third bomb in favor of two. These tend to be Skyraiders. Even my Corsair I end up with one bomb only on any given flight as it is easy to reload and take off again. My B-17 can hold five and the carpet bomb of five hitting the ground is a huge crowd pleaser. But landing the B-17 to reload takes time and would only be longer if I had to attach every bomb to a drop mechanism. I like the idea of printing up a release bay that could be duplicated easily by anyone. That makes for more bombers. Flying in formation with everyone releasing on the lead plane would be a mini Arc Light I would love to see.
                      Hi QYB - Been a long time since I've been on. Can you tell me the best place to buy bombs you can release? THX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Hi QYB - Been a long time since I've been on. Can you tell me the best place to buy bombs you can release? THX!
                        Currently, Bob at Dymond Modelsport is my only dealerhttps://www.dymondusa.com/Aircraft-A...-Bomb-Kit.html I am working on a servo release adapter that is currently in the prototype phase and uses HS55 servos. Once I clean up the files I can post the STL for those that want to print them. Other servo makes will follow. The prototype works flawlessly and can't stall your servo so now if you have a free channel you can turn your plane into a bomber pretty quickly. Using bombs that actually look like they explode. Though not completely flush they can be put together in minutes and added with only a minor hole and some glue or velcro.
                        Attached Files
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

Currently, Bob at Dymond Modelsport is my only dealerhttps://www.dymondusa.com/Aircraft-A...-Bomb-Kit.html I am working on a servo release adapter that is currently in the prototype phase and uses HS55 servos. Once I clean up the files I can post the STL for those that want to print them. Other servo makes will follow. The prototype works flawlessly and can't stall your servo so now if you have a free channel you can turn your plane into a bomber pretty quickly. Using bombs that actually look like they explode. Though not completely flush they can be put together in minutes and added with only a minor hole and some glue or velcro.
                          Awesome. A friend of mine made a release in his 3D printer and looking for bombs. I'll pass this on to him. Would love to see it when ready. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Haven't got an alert for a new show in a while. I very much appreciated the discussion and I learned a lot from them.

Also haven't heard much from Alpha recently. I hope he's ok, and just bunkered down working on the next great thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X