• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by t33jetman View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	55861111_2047225595312770_7398123146370351104_o.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	187272Click image for larger version Name:	55458157_2046388365396493_9111971429988958208_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	339.5 KB ID:	187271 FMS FOX 3M glider , repainted.
    I agree, it is a pretty spectacular job for sure. Good Job! Amazing actually. Now thanks to you T33, since I wear actually have a very respectable set of, (Mostly Citizen) watches. I'm just going to have to go get me a ProMaster to add to my collection.

Woody

Comment

• Hey Drifty.

I'm not a big fan of the Air frame. When you consider I've been a professional aviator most of my adult life, and grew up around all sorts of planes, my family on my uncles side were very much aviation people. The only other place I ever remember seeing one of these is on one episode of Pawn Stars. Now when I did see the Pawn Star episode, I did look at the jet. and was a little struck, I couldn't help but notice the eastern block actually made something other than a piece of junk. Nuff said.

My point being mate, if FW had offered their L-39 in your very cool paint work, instead of that, "Bozo the Clown" colored paint job, I think they probably would have sold more of these cute little things.

Best Regards
      Woody

Comment

• FW-190 maiden ???? Click image for larger version

Name:	21D11ECD-96BE-4FEC-9745-CF84DBEBC6A0.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	187410

Comment

• Looking good, Jdcrow!

...Except I take minor issue with that sign behind you... we're ALL children :)

Let us know how your maiden went!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Freewing, Avanti S

Name:	34907769_1654091114626222_6921974361742114816_o.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	159266
            Beautiful job on the Avanti! I know in another post you said you used Rustoleum 2X rattle cans. Did that gorgeous silver come from Rustoleum, as well? Looks a lot like an Alclad finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by jadams812 View Post

Beautiful job on the Avanti! I know in another post you said you used Rustoleum 2X rattle cans. Did that gorgeous silver come from Rustoleum, as well? Looks a lot like an Alclad finish.
              Silver part is Rustoleum Chrome paint. You can't use clear coat on it or it will dull. Had to use Minwax over the silver.
              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
                FW-190 maiden
                JDC, Congrats on the 1st Check Flight and Welcome to "The Squawk". Fine folks with great info here. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Silver part is Rustoleum Chrome paint. You can't use clear coat on it or it will dull. Had to use Minwax over the silver.
                  Thanks for the info. Going to have to do that on one of my builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by jadams812 View Post

Thanks for the info. Going to have to do that on one of my builds.
                    Good luck !

Name:	20180723_212610.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	187497
                    BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• T33JM, Just so I get it right, you 'waxed' over the silver rather than applying a clear spray coat or you used a Minwax Product that is applied with a brush? Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        T33JM, Just so I get it right, you 'waxed' over the silver rather than applying a clear spray coat or you used a Minwax Product that is applied with a brush? Best, LB
                        first of all let me say test on something first before trying this on your plane.
                        I brushed on Minwax polyurethane coating over the silver to protect it.
                        I found out that the clear coat spray paint Click image for larger version

Name:	20180610_085651.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	187517 made the silver dull or black.

Comment

• T33, Gotchya now. The Minwax Clear Polycrylic brushed on technique is what I use and have used it as a primer and before spraying on a matte clear top-coat. Thanks for the tip. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Looking good, Jdcrow!

...Except I take minor issue with that sign behind you... we're ALL children :)

Let us know how your maiden went!
                            it was excellent. I was all smiles all day. My favorite prop warbird to fly

Comment

• Great job, Drifty!
                              A couple of questions. How did you make:
                              the gun pod?
                              the Nose cone?
                              the decals?

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Just some more building the 'Phreewing PH-Phour Photos'. :Cool: Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	187631Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	187632 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	187633 ​​​​​​​
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                  Great job, Drifty!
                                  A couple of questions. How did you make:
                                  the gun pod?
                                  the Nose cone?
                                  the decals?

My son 3-D printed the gun pod and the cockpit. I made the nose out of foam and a piece of lexan (polycarbonite) . The decals are from Callie. thanks for the nice comment.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                    Hey Drifty.

I'm not a big fan of the Air frame. When you consider I've been a professional aviator most of my adult life, and grew up around all sorts of planes, my family on my uncles side were very much aviation people. The only other place I ever remember seeing one of these is on one episode of Pawn Stars. Now when I did see the Pawn Star episode, I did look at the jet. and was a little struck, I couldn't help but notice the eastern block actually made something other than a piece of junk. Nuff said.

My point being mate, if FW had offered their L-39 in your very cool paint work, instead of that, "Bozo the Clown" colored paint job, I think they probably would have sold more of these cute little things.

Best Regards
                                    Woody
                                    Woody, like you I spent all my life in aviation except on the maintenance side, so I really appreciate your comments. Thanks much!

Comment

• Here’s my recent repaint of the overall gray C-130 from Avios. I decided to turn it into a pickle. :)

Comment

• Looks great! I'd be careful flying it around with wooded backgrounds.

Woody

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_185247.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	187870Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_184847.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	187871Click image for larger version

Name:	20190323_215037.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	187872

Comment

Working...
                                          X