Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Airtruk is such a strange looking beast! Didn't know it existed till one appeared in one of the Mad Max films - at the time I thought it was some improbable contraption dreamed up for the movie. It fits in so well with all the kit-bashed cars & trucks!

Comment

• In my bucket wish ....
      -Admiral TX 9-12 channels
      ​​​​​​- Flightline large size V-22 OSPRAY
      - freewing AV-8B

i like the idea of the Admiral radio

Comment

• Griffon Wings

The wish for an Admiral Tx is a long shot if more likely a highly non probable request. The present Admiral Rx's are a rebranding/rebadging of the Lemon Rx's that have had some subtle tweaks per a Motion spec rebadging requirement. The DSMX Tx brands (Spektrum) I doubt are going to rebrand.
        The Osprey has had very limited market success by a couple other vendors willing to venture down that path and the Harrier is a highly complicated design that has been commented on by Alpha in the past as mostly not a cost market acceptable model.
        It's always nice to have wishes but I hope you aren't holding your breath from the way I've seen the market evolve in the past ten years.
        Best regards,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          Griffon Wings

The wish for an Admiral Tx is a long shot if more likely a highly non probable request. The present Admiral Rx's are a rebranding/rebadging of the Lemon Rx's that have had some subtle tweaks per a Motion spec rebadging requirement. The DSMX Tx brands (Spektrum) I doubt are going to rebrand.
          The Osprey has had very limited market success by a couple other vendors willing to venture down that path and the Harrier is a highly complicated design that has been commented on by Alpha in the past as mostly not a cost market acceptable model.
          It's always nice to have wishes but I hope you aren't holding your breath from the way I've seen the market evolve in the past ten years.
          Best regards,
          Hi OV10, no breath holding over here , just a wish , as a huge C-130 or some like it.
          i have high belive in the company and that’s why want or not are second to none ( only my opinion) often offering products “ out the box “ or and at list very well done .
          market request is something, possibilities from Alpha are limitless, i think .
          don’t get me wrong, those are just wishes, same as i making to my wife asking a ferrari for Christmas, but i’m always getting a plane, which make me very HAPPY all the time .
          can you say no to this ? Drops of tanks or soldiers with parachute or such? Can be great for videos from so many angles.
          thank you for the replay , always great to know more and more. Appreciated.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
            In my bucket wish ....
            -Admiral TX 9-12 channels
            ​​​​​​- Flightline large size V-22 OSPRAY
            - freewing AV-8B

i like the idea of the Admiral radio
            I think a V-22 would more likely come from Roban. Would love to see an option bigger than the Rotormast V-22 with reduced wing loading in forward flight.

Comment

• The current Rotormast V-22 comes as an ARF "kit" and runs over $1700.00. By the time you've got all the stuff it needs to actually fly, it's a very expensive model - way too much for most people. Of the existing V-22's, the Eflite one was a bust and is discontinued. It was a neat little model but had too many glitches. The Banana Hobby V-22 may be the most successful but it too, has some glitches that can confound the average RC pilot (it even happened to RC Informer). I'm on my 3rd one because, I love the concept and they are affordable enough that I can try yet another one. Eventually, one can learn what things NOT to do when flying with it and get some good fun for the money spent.
              Roban doesn't appear to be a low priced brand and if they took up the cause, I fear it will also be a very expensive model. The V-22 doesn't appeal to the masses and this would limit the numbers in a production run, thus raising the individual unit price.
              The biggest problem is see with this sort of "project" for any manufacturer is NOT the actual plane itself, but in the flight controller. So far the program required to fly such a model has not been perfected. A tilt rotor is complicated and the ones that work (sort of) requires a tail fan of some kind to help hold up the butt end. The Rotormast one doesn't use a tail unit but then, the flight controller to make it fly right has to do a lot of stuff and as far as I can see, it's not perfect either and a crash is just as easy with it as it is with the Eflite and Banana versions. Personally, I'd rather pay less money when a crash is likely and imminent.
              If anyone can resolve the issue of programming a flight controller (for a mass produced V-22), I think it's going to be Flex Innovations but whether they want to do such a project is doubtful. Their current FV-31 Cypher (quad fan VTOL) is the least glitchy of all these sorts of RC aircraft. I wouldn't say it's perfect or flawless but it's darn close. Plus, it sells for a reasonable price.

Comment

• Don't want to hijack this thread and add much about the Blitzworks V22; but I had my fictitious NATO Tiger schemed V22 out in the backyard for some hover test awhile back. I have to say that the little 50mm EDF tail fan screams like an ailing General Motors Power Steering pump...I almost want to wear ear muffs. Perhaps they could dial the dB back with a 12 blade fan or quieter motor.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Blitzworks RC V22 Osprey  (1).JPG
Views:	567
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	299281

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                  Don't want to hijack this thread and add much about the Blitzworks V22; but I had my fictitious NATO Tiger schemed V22 out in the backyard for some hover test awhile back. I have to say that the little 50mm EDF tail fan screams like an ailing General Motors Power Steering pump...I almost want to wear ear muffs. Perhaps they could dial the dB back with a 12 blade fan or quieter motor.
                  Yes, that little EDF is a screamer. It's not so bad once you get it further away from you and of course, once it goes into airplane mode, it turns off. Changing the fan in anyway would involve quite a bit of other stuff needing to be changed since that would also change the amount of thrust it would provide. A motor with a different kv would be needed and perhaps even an alteration in flight controller programming. The rear powerplant in the Eflite version is fairly quiet but it's a 3-blade prop. To put one on the BH plane would necessitate a way bigger hole back there. I think they should have gone with a bigger fan for the BH one as that is one of the glitches when returning to hover mode from airplane mode or when trying to hover backwards too fast. The tail thrust is inadequate and the flight controller can't respond quickly enough to avoid a mishap.
                  This one will be mostly hovered around a large area with rare forays into airplane mode. It'll hover all day long without glitches (if you don't try to go backwards too much).

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    The current Rotormast V-22 comes as an ARF "kit" and runs over $1700.00. By the time you've got all the stuff it needs to actually fly, it's a very expensive model - way too much for most people. Of the existing V-22's, the Eflite one was a bust and is discontinued. It was a neat little model but had too many glitches. The Banana Hobby V-22 may be the most successful but it too, has some glitches that can confound the average RC pilot (it even happened to RC Informer). I'm on my 3rd one because, I love the concept and they are affordable enough that I can try yet another one. Eventually, one can learn what things NOT to do when flying with it and get some good fun for the money spent.
                    Roban doesn't appear to be a low priced brand and if they took up the cause, I fear it will also be a very expensive model. The V-22 doesn't appeal to the masses and this would limit the numbers in a production run, thus raising the individual unit price.
                    Agree on the price, would likely not appeal to most people, but would appeal pretty well to the scale heli crowd that’s already used to that range of pricing. I have the Rotormast model and it’s some impressive engineering. Just a bit small, with high wing loading. Preflight and regular inspections are a must to minimize risk to such a pricey machine though. I’m personally not interested in a V-22 that doesn’t have cyclic control in hover. I also prefer to have the flexibility to fly at any given nacelle angle.

For something less expensive and accessible, I could see Flightline taking on the Bell X-22A. It’s certainly less well known, but the quadcopter design and blown wing configuration would be much easier to accomplish with typical flight controllers, and would likely perform well in conversion. The full scale was capable of very quick transitions from hover into forward flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post

Hi OV10, no breath holding over here , just a wish , as a huge C-130 or some like it.
                      i have high belive in the company and that’s why want or not are second to none ( only my opinion) often offering products “ out the box “ or and at list very well done .
                      market request is something, possibilities from Alpha are limitless, i think .
                      don’t get me wrong, those are just wishes, same as i making to my wife asking a ferrari for Christmas, but i’m always getting a plane, which make me very HAPPY all the time .
                      can you say no to this ? Drops of tanks or soldiers with parachute or such? Can be great for videos from so many angles.
                      thank you for the replay , always great to know more and more. Appreciated.

Alpha mentioned quite a while back that he was working on a C130 when Avios announced theirs. He put it on the back burner at that time since he believed that similar releases at the same time don't help either company. I wonder how much longer we have to wait to finally get a Flightline C130!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Alpha mentioned quite a while back that he was working on a C130 when Avios announced theirs. He put it on the back burner at that time since he believed that similar releases at the same time don't help either company. I wonder how much longer we have to wait to finally get a Flightline C130!
                        Ehhh JamesonC everyone wish to know when ,right?
                        Flightline’s such of a “ new “ company , my guess is to wait little longer. I think covid mix everyone plans and lot of goodies rest on back burner..
                        wish on something big, like the AL-37 or the new mig-29 and why not even bigger .
                        we don’t see a 90mm for a wile if i’m mot wrong...

Comment

• What we REALLY need is, a 60"-70" wingspan F4F Wildcat, preferably BH or Nexa.

:D

Comment

• Yeah! +1million for a large Wildcat

Comment

• I'm thinking something really different would be great. AL37 was a great idea, it is different from the standard fighters, and seems to sell well based on the number I see at my local field.

Alpha already addressed the many challenges with going bigger, but it's just a matter of the price people are willing to pay, and I really think that market is underdone. What about a 105mm, or even a 120mm? There is only one RTF 120mm EDF in the market as far as I can see (the HSD T-33). I would buy any Freewing release in the 105-120mm range, doesn't matter what it is. I'd buy a scale Dumbo the Elephant if it was the first giant Freewing jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                I'm thinking something really different would be great. AL37 was a great idea, it is different from the standard fighters, and seems to sell well based on the number I see at my local field.

Alpha already addressed the many challenges with going bigger, but it's just a matter of the price people are willing to pay, and I really think that market is underdone. What about a 105mm, or even a 120mm? There is only one RTF 120mm EDF in the market as far as I can see (the HSD T-33). I would buy any Freewing release in the 105-120mm range, doesn't matter what it is. I'd buy a scale Dumbo the Elephant if it was the first giant Freewing jet.
                                Put me down for a Dumbo aswell!!
                                i will buy even a broken shoe with motion if does have flaps and gears !! Agree with you GT .
                                i think Alpha will drop soon an un aspect candy to us ... you think plane and show up with cars, you think boat and show with tanks ...
                                as far price, we have pilots spending good amounts on balsa models or Helis , I’m probably wrong because i’ll see it more as a consumer and not as a maker , but, if you coming out with something well done even if price higher of usual, can be successful.
                                will i pay 8-900ish $ for a scaled yak 130 105 size ??
                                right immidiatly now ( bad English but great answer ​​​​​​)
                                meanwhile, i still druling ony mig-29 , thank you again for that one Sir ,Alpha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  Ha! The average interval between when a new product is delivered and when we're asked "what's next" is less than a week. Good fun :)

For practical purposes including multinational language barriers, all of our projects have names. Sometimes those names reach the public ear, sometimes they don't. Sometimes those names are actually related to the model in a loosely identifiable way, sometimes they're completely random and undecipherable.

If you're certain you want to waste the next couple of hours on Google trying to break the code while avoiding madness...

Project Virtue
                                  Project Tennyson50
                                  HAHAHA! Great sense of humor. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                    Yeah! +1million for a large Wildcat
                                    Fleet Air Arm Martlet scheme would be my choice for a 1600mm F4F. Or a FAA F6F!!

Comment

• A very cost effective way to revive interest in the F16 90mm and 70mm is to produce foam conformal tanks. This would be of great interest to those wishing to repaint their models and give them a different look.

Comment

• I would love to see a V2 of the Flight Line F4U-1A/D Corsair The only thing missing is the Folding wings I would buy one in a heart beat. I have spent the last two weeks of Sub Zero weather here in the Black Hills of South Dakota Scaling out the Bird Cage version Not quite done yet. Our weather is looking up. By the end of next week I should be ready to test fly the Corsair. I can't wait Please a V2 Corsair with Folding Wings

Comment

• Hi Alpha How about a 90mm EDF version of the SAB Avio, M169 Havok

Who wouldn't want that in their hangar

Comment

Working...
                                          X