First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah! Someone is always one step ahead of me. Lol

Comment

• Comment

• Since there is a Flightline 1600mm Spitfire to protect lil brother Flightline 1200mm Spitfire. How about a 1600mm Flightline Bearcat to protect lil brother Flightline 1200mm Bearcat?

Comment

• Coconut AWSOME analogy. Just do a Hellcat while they are at it also to finish out the Grumman line in 1600
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yes please!

Comment

• Hey Alpha how about an ME 109 either the G or E model. On the majority of web sites you cannot find a decent ME 109. There are a great variety of color schemes to choose from so a model in gray primer would be nice. Any size would work but you did have one that was discontinued that had a 55" span (i think). Also a smaller Zero would be great. We have a lot of jets out there but i think a good model of the 109 would be a good seller.

Comment

• Many pages of Freewing jets, and one little page of Flightline planes ☹. Why Flightline gets no love? What did Flightline do to be the Ugly StepChild?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                  Many pages of Freewing jets, and one little page of Flightline planes ☹. Why Flightline gets no love? What did Flightline do to be the Ugly StepChild?
                  I don't think you can look at it in that way. Flightline is a derivative of Freewing prop planes. Your question should be, "Why did Freewing have so few prop planes?", because all their prop planes became FL. The only exception is the Freewing Pandora, which seems to have been left behind when Flightline was born. The answer might be that at the time just before FL was invented, FMS was the major producer of prop planes, while Freewing was the major producer of EDFs. Having realized what sells and what made money, FMS (in conjunction with Horizon Hobby and Eflite, etc.) increased their selection of jets. Freewing (MotionRC) already knew this and continued to make more jets. You go where the carrot leads you.

Comment

• 1600mm BF 109G... and I like that primer gray idea... Maybe one color scheme... and one primer...

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                      1600mm BF 109G... and I like that primer gray idea... Maybe one color scheme... and one primer...
                      oh god, you're going to make me have to pick aren't you. North Africa... Russian Winter... North Africa... Russian Winter...

Ok, I'm off to look at Messerschmitt centerfolds now

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I don't think you can look at it in that way. Flightline is a derivative of Freewing prop planes. Your question should be, "Why did Freewing have so few prop planes?", because all their prop planes became FL. The only exception is the Freewing Pandora, which seems to have been left behind when Flightline was born. The answer might be that at the time just before FL was invented, FMS was the major producer of prop planes, while Freewing was the major producer of EDFs. Having realized what sells and what made money, FMS (in conjunction with Horizon Hobby and Eflite, etc.) increased their selection of jets. Freewing (MotionRC) already knew this and continued to make more jets. You go where the carrot leads you.
                        I've only known MRC for about 2 years now or like right before FMS left.

Comment

• Just a friendly reminder since I’ve mentioned it before, but it would be fun to see another 90mm Sport Jet (to replace the aging Stinger 90). I love my 80mm Avanti, and always will, but I can never have too many sport jets, so a 90mm would be nice for variety. Now that Freewing knows sport jets can sell in big numbers, shown by the success of the Freewing Stinger 90mm EDF and Avanti 80mm EDF jets, it’s probable the future holds another new release.

Then, another reminder , a 80-90mm EDF F9F Cougar would be scrumptious. A Panther is nice too, but I likely wouldn’t buy it, so it has to be a Cougar.

Comment

• I could go for an 80-90mm f9f, but actually like the panther version more for historical value. And to a point above, freewing does have the P51 (old crow) that isn't flight line as well, and I absolutely love flying mine, and does great grass field operations as well.

Comment

• I think that's a great idea too. How many airplanes have you had to add a bit of material to fill in the spaces that accumulate over time? Some type of plastic frame would also add to the overall strength I would think.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                Then, another reminder , a 80-90mm EDF F9F Cougar would be scrumptious. A Panther is nice too, but I likely wouldn’t buy it, so it has to be a Cougar.
                                Yes, yes, yes. A 90mm F9F Panther or Cougar would be a great addition to the lineup and to anyones hangar. I know mine is waiting for one and with monetary funds reserved for the purchase.... MRC please lighten my plane account......

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

Yes, yes, yes. A 90mm F9F Panther or Cougar would be a great addition to the lineup and to anyones hangar. I know mine is waiting for one and with monetary funds reserved for the purchase.... MRC please lighten my plane account......

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    I think that's a great idea too. How many airplanes have you had to add a bit of material to fill in the spaces that accumulate over time? Some type of plastic frame would also add to the overall strength I would think.

Grossman56
                                    Absolutely, I think all the foam manufacturers would benefit from that small additional feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      Just a friendly reminder since I’ve mentioned it before, but it would be fun to see another 90mm Sport Jet (to replace the aging Stinger 90). I love my 80mm Avanti, and always will, but I can never have too many sport jets, so a 90mm would be nice for variety. Now that Freewing knows sport jets can sell in big numbers, shown by the success of the Freewing Stinger 90mm EDF and Avanti 80mm EDF jets, it’s probable the future holds another new release.

I'd like to see some 90mm planes built around a lower power EDF unit. The 115A+ pulled by most 90 fans in the freewing catalogue is a lot to ask from even the most capable batteries.

If they focused on simplicity and getting the wing loading down they could deliver a really high performance plane with flight times on par with some of the 80mm jets. The Panther would be a great candidate! Anyone who has flown the venom or the Avios mig should have am idea of where I'm coming from.
                                      But I guess they know their market and everyone loves planes dripping with lights and sequenced doors etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        I could go for an 80-90mm f9f, but actually like the panther version more for historical value. And to a point above, freewing does have the P51 (old crow) that isn't flight line as well, and I absolutely love flying mine, and does great grass field operations as well.
                                        I wouldn't mind seeing a new 1600mm P-51, but frankly I'd be happy with an updated version of the current Freewing P-51 Old Crow 1410mm - metal or metal reinforced retract casings, plastic around battery hatch, more reliable sequenced gear doors, eliminate the old speaker fittings etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing a new 1600mm P-51, but frankly I'd be happy with an updated version of the current Freewing P-51 Old Crow 1410mm - metal or metal reinforced retract casings, plastic around battery hatch, more reliable sequenced gear doors, eliminate the old speaker fittings etc.
                                          I agree 100% a 1600mm P51 would be beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                          X