Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... not sure what it could be with that silhouette teaser, though it reminds me of the Viperjet!

Anyway, glad to finally see Freewing bringing something new! :D

Comment

• I've been beating the sport jet drum for a while now and it'd be nice to get a reasonably priced 90mm foam one. Lots of space for batteries pls

Comment

• Woohoo! This is always fun. I can’t watch the live steam tomorrow, but I’ll sure catch up on it.

Comment

• Totally looks like it will be a sport jet!
          (Or a business jet!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post
            Hopefully it's a new sport jet to complement the Avanti!

Wouldn't mind an 80mm Mephisto or AreS with VT to do some 3D stuff with (though the Avanti does rollers, pop tops, etc fairly well) but a Bandit/Habu like jet would be fun too
            That’s so funny that you mentioned that. I’ve always thought that an 80mm to 90mm sized BVM Bandit would be amazing. The lines on that jet are perfect. It’s such a good looking and great flying sport jet. Everyone would paint their own schemes. Horizon did the Havoc but it had some issues that kept people from buying (crashes). A Bandit would be sweet. I’d have to buy a couple for the different paint schemes.

Comment

• I want this next release to be the “uppercut” of jets, a true surprise knockout that leaves my tongue hanging out of my face . Just under 12 hours left now.

Comment

• Its been awhile mmm got my alarm here set 4 around 330 am ive missed the excitement.. covid etc bla bla.... any 90 mm warbird will put a smile on my dial.. a 90 mm f35 would b very cool my 70 is fuuunn...

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Are you talking about this one .................................
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	FWF18V2P1-500x390.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	321568
                  What do you want in this "all new" one? The old one (as pictured above - V2) was made from light, but fragile foam. The landing gear mount was very weak. The powertrain (90mm) was adequate but not "exciting". I still fly one in the V3 Australian Airforce livery with an upgraded 90mm. The main difference are flaps on V3.
                  Do you want it to be like the original but with TV, better foam, better retract system and a more powerful 12B inrunner? In 80mm or 90mm? If it kept to the same size, I'd dig it. There's a lot to ask for so it might be best to know exactly what to ask for.

Here's my Ozzie one (one of the last 5 remaining - new in box - in the world, brought by special request from MotionRC):
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3121.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	321569
                  As an Aussie, and particularly as we prepare to bid farewell to the hornet here after 37 years of tireless service, that must be the most spectacular foam jet Ive ever seen produced. Please cherish it.

Comment

• Gotta be a 80mm/90mm Crusader. It’s one of the few iconic Navy jets Freewing are yet to do in that size. They’ve got a Skyhawk, Phantom, Tomcat and Intruder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick8488 View Post
                      Gotta be a 80mm/90mm Crusader. It’s one of the few iconic Navy jets Freewing are yet to do in that size. They’ve got a Skyhawk, Phantom, Tomcat and Intruder.
                      I agree that.would.be cool. One thing for sure if that teaser is any indication it isn't my wished for panther

Comment

• Based on the silhouette, it's not a G650, B-17, or Flying Unicorn... a lot of folks gonna be upset! (at least it's not a red raper van)

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post

As an Aussie, and particularly as we prepare to bid farewell to the hornet here after 37 years of tireless service, that must be the most spectacular foam jet Ive ever seen produced. Please cherish it.
                          I hardly fly it, not that I don't like it, but because I fear wrecking it due to dumb thumbs. I'll sneak in a couple of flights now and then after I've had no "incidents" for a couple of months. My first one came directly from Xtreme Hobby in Oz. This second one came to me because Motion looked at my request with great favor. I'm quite certain they are all gone now.
                          Here, in Canada, our Hornets are still serving us well, although many in the military and government consider the cost of keeping them flying to be unjustified.

Comment

• How about a 90mm size T7A (Known as the Redtail). Its a new trainer and a awsome jet. Its like a F16 and a F18 got it on and had a baby. Its a pretty awesome jet. Also there in the RC world that is only a composite turbine version and a tiny foamie so the market is not diluted with a ton of different version or manufactures.
                            Tone

Comment

• Well that was a letdown. 70mm sport jet…righto

Comment

• Ah yes, set to compete against a plethora of 70mm sports jets - including Freewing's own Rebel V2 that's still available,,,of course I don't know how big the market would be for some classic military jets (Jaguar, Buccaneer, Lightening, A7, F102, F106 etc). But good luck trying to source these types from anywhere else.

Comment

• An A7 would be awesome! But I too would love a 90 mm F9f Panther. And I'm definitely not going to let up on wanting an E2c Hawkeye.

Or a 90mm F35C. A twin 80 Superhornet.

Comment

• Well, it was definitely a sport jet, and I think it'll be a nice upgrade/replacement for the 70mm Rebel, Vulcan ain't a bad name either.
                                    It reminds me of a cross between a CARF Rebel jet and a Habu. Admittedly I was low-key hoping for a sport jet with a VT add-on to come out today so it'd justify the purchase. Still got two Avantis, a Havoc Xe, and 2 Super Vipers to keep me occupied for the time being despite it going out of stock rapidly, I suppose that's a good sign for it to succeed as a product. Maybe (just maybe) Alpha will make a VT upgrade option for the Vulcan or Avanti in due time too that'll make me happy

Comment

• Still hoping for a 80 or 90 mm cougar or panther, or maybe an F105.

Comment

• When I heard "Vulcan", I fell off the edge of my seat. Yeah, man, a twin 70mm Vulcan bomber. I've always said I'd hit that HARD! But then, I see it's another sport jet. Been there, done that. Stinger 90, Avanti S. This one even looks like what's already been out there - Meteor, Rebel, Habu, Futura, Eflite Havoc. I'm not ashamed to admit that my response ended up being very tepid. Nevertheless, I wish Motion success on it anyway. Maybe they have a better feel for what the hobby wants. It will keep them chugging along till they can bring out a "real" Vulcan bomber.

Comment

• I have to say that I was expecting something a little more exciting.......

Comment

Working...
                                          X