Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reprint from my July post in "Next Big Freewing EDF" and still sticking with it: Alpha has something up his sleeve for those of us still on the fast track to bankruptcy:

I'm still thinking in the near future it's going to be a bomber and/or a private business jet, like a Lear/Citation or Gulfstream. With FW's seemingly hugely popular AL37, something that no one else has, (put that in your pipe and smoke it E-Flite, HH and FMS), a complimentary Business Jet, maybe a twin 70 mm in like a 1/12 scale would most likely sell very well. Something we need to keep in mind, it's gotta be something that justifies the production costs and appeals to a lot of customers and doesn't come only in black! People can customize it "till the cows come home".

If a bomber is also in the works, I would love to see a:
    • 1/15 scale B-17 or B-29. No doubt this would be an "easy" production item using a lot of tech from the B-24, but it's not an EDF and I wonder if it would only appeal to those already with a B-24 instead of generating a whole new audience (but I'd get one)
    • B-1B Lancer, maybe 1/20th scale, 80" wingspan-86" length, twin 80 or 90 mm, which would be one Bad A.. Mamma Jamma with swept wings, but most likely too expensive and complicated (ala F-14) to generate enough sales. Doesn't have to be in black either:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	B-1-photo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	321877
    • Would love to see a B-2 or F-117, but agree no black and an SR-71 or even a F-70 Valkyrie, also too difficult, black, but both those do have titanium. Again, probably not enough customers and maybe a handful to fly.
    • Then there's the B-52, maybe in a 1/25th scale, 88" wingspan, but would the outside engine pods then be fake, and is the wing length just a bit wide and ungainly to make it commercially viable? Imagine if they could do it, again they'd be the only ones and it would probably sell well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B52.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	321878

Just think of potential liveries, but also think of scraping the wingtips regularly, so gotta have those little outside wheels. Holy Cow, how about an 8 engine EDF with 4 rotating retracts

Then again wouldn't mind a BIG twin 80mm F-15 (or an F-18, but 6 different F-18's are available including the ARF's so not likely) the size of the Mig. Freewing should consider themselves lucky that I'm not leading the R&D on new products cause I'd have them "out of business" in no time!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I am sure of something brewing in Tom's crock pot.

Comment

• It occurs to me that, with foam wings, a model B-52 could likely replicate the anhedral the full scale has on the ground, as well as the dihedral it develops when the wings are generating lift!

Btw, casually curious if Alpha or anyone might have an update on when the next BH models might be arriving? I know the pandemic has played havoc with shipping, but I think I recall hearing a while back that their new P-47 was due to arrive in July or August. Looking forward to seeing what else is in that shipment :)

Comment

• Over here in Europe me and some friends have been searching for a RC mig 25RB for several years now. You really never see this beautifull cold war jet anyware. A nice twin 80-90mm setup model would be spot on, what do you think guys? A battered dirty Mig 25 would be so nice next to the Mig 21 and Mig 29.Click image for larger version

Name:	image00A.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	322441

Comment

• I was having this same conversation at the flying last weekend. An a buddy of mine said it would be nice to see a twin w 80mm F-18E or F-18F. He also liked the idea from someone who mentioned about a twin 80mm F-15E Strike Eagle

Comment

• I would love to see a bigger Hornet.
              As much as I love the current Freewing Hornet, this jet asks for a bigger airframe!

Some features of the fullscale one didn't translate properly to the model. Size would likely help a bit there!

Something in the 2m length range would be epic! :D

Comment

• Time for a Flightline 1600-1700mm PC-21 or Super Tucano, good to drop a decent size 6S battery into when you've had enough of EDF flying

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  When I heard "Vulcan", I fell off the edge of my seat. Yeah, man, a twin 70mm Vulcan bomber. I've always said I'd hit that HARD! But then, I see it's another sport jet. Been there, done that. Stinger 90, Avanti S. This one even looks like what's already been out there - Meteor, Rebel, Habu, Futura, Eflite Havoc. I'm not ashamed to admit that my response ended up being very tepid. Nevertheless, I wish Motion success on it anyway. Maybe they have a better feel for what the hobby wants. It will keep them chugging along till they can bring out a "real" Vulcan bomber.
                  It is a bit sad to see the rinse and repeat between companies. It's follow the leader basically. One puts out a new EDF then everyone else does as well and in the same style. SAD SAD! They do need to make money, but it would be nice to see some real ingenuity for a new release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                    A reprint from my July post in "Next Big Freewing EDF" and still sticking with it: Alpha has something up his sleeve for those of us still on the fast track to bankruptcy:

I'm still thinking in the near future it's going to be a bomber and/or a private business jet, like a Lear/Citation or Gulfstream. With FW's seemingly hugely popular AL37, something that no one else has, (put that in your pipe and smoke it E-Flite, HH and FMS), a complimentary Business Jet, maybe a twin 70 mm in like a 1/12 scale would most likely sell very well. Something we need to keep in mind, it's gotta be something that justifies the production costs and appeals to a lot of customers and doesn't come only in black! People can customize it "till the cows come home".

Then again wouldn't mind a BIG twin 80mm F-15 (or an F-18, but 6 different F-18's are available including the ARF's so not likely) the size of the Mig. Freewing should consider themselves lucky that I'm not leading the R&D on new products cause I'd have them "out of business" in no time!
                    I would love to see more airliners in the mid-size range, either a passenger or private jet at about half the wing span of the AL37 would be the bees-knees :D

As unlikely as they are, I'd be absolutely floored to see something like an F-18 or an F-22 in the twin 80mm format. What I do have higher hopes for is an eventual 1.6m P-51D to replace the current 1.4m version. Alternatively, an A6M would be a great addition next to the current Corsair.

Comment

• I believe that without question there are a few needed models that could fly very well and have been neglected by the various manufactures.

A-7 Corsair 80-90mm.
                      F-8 Crusader in 90mm Super Scale with the wing lift system on a retract actuator.
                      I think it would be hard to do either one of these smaller than 80mm as the intake design necessitates more room in the bottom of the intake for a retracting nose wheel.

F-105 and F-106
                      As much as I would like to see 90mm Super Scales of both, the F-106 could easily be done in a 70-90mm and the F-105 in 80-90mm without encroaching on sales of the 64mm toss bird.

A twin 70mm EDF that would be fantastic and hasn’t been made yet is the B-57 Canberra. It would be a large model and could be VERY fast with the right airfoil, and could be reconfigured and repainted in DOZENS of different versions.

For foreign aircraft, the Mirage F.1 is VERY hard to beat!
                      Again, I would LOVE a 90mm Super Scale and I don’t think Motion would be able to keep them in stock. I personally would buy at least 3.

As much as I’m a 70mm+ EDF size guy with over 55 examples,
                      a Bell X-1 64mm hand toss with hidden intakes under the wings would sell out repeatedly.

There is also of course the White Rhinos
                      F-111, B-1B, and SR-71. They are often requested and Alpha has addressed challenges of making the models. Shipping, weight, gear complexity, resistance to sun damage etc.

Comment

• T-38 and T-37

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I absolutely love any and all WWII warbirds - from the DH-82 Tiger Moth to the ME-163 Komet.

I particularly like the scale appearance and performance of the Flightline 1600mm product line. I have the Spitfire, P-38 and Freewing A-10 80mm on the way, I realize the A-10 isn't a WWII warbird, but c'mon... it's an A-10! Now that lockdown is easing in NSW, Australia I'll be bringing these models to my local club, hopefully generating a few more orders for Austars Model. My next purchase will be the Flightline F4U1-D.

I particularly like the European Theatre allied aeroplanes (airplanes) and would love to add to the collection in order of preference with a 1600mm:
                          P-51 (love the Mustang),
                          P-47 (love the Thunder Bolt),
                          Tiger Moth (yes, actual warbird. I have over 400 hours as pilot in command in Tigers - was a great observation platform)
                          Hawker Hurricane,
                          Gloucester Gladiator,
                          or larger DH-98 Mosquito,
                          P-38 Lightning
                          B-25 Mitchell,
                          Avro Lancaster,
                          DC-3

It would be so cool if you could scale the multi-engine aeroplanes to roughly correspond to the scale of the 1600mm single engine jobs.

Love your work Alpha! Thanks for keeping the hobby relevant!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Dingleberry View Post
                            I absolutely love any and all WWII warbirds...Love your work Alpha! Thanks for keeping the hobby relevant!
                            JD, Welcome to "The Squawk"! Great to have you onboard, SIr. Diggin' your "Warbird Wish-list"...let's hope Alpha is listening. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This just landed at our airport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210916_231253076.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	324886Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210916_231239901.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	324887 I'm not saying we need a B29, but we really do NEED a B29
                              Attached Files

Comment

• She is beautiful!

Comment

• Such a great airplane and one of only two still flying, imagine the guys polishing her, been there and done that on our DC 3!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Such a great airplane and one of only two still flying, imagine the guys polishing her, been there and done that on our DC 3!!

Grossman56
                                    LOL that reminds me of an airshow I attended a number of years back. Walking around, I noticed one of the crew of a B-25 was cleaning the glass on his plane. Fifi was parked next to them. I was thinking "Buddy, you better hope Fifi's crew doesn't see you and ask you to do theirs while you're at it!"

Comment

• I think it’s time for Boeing 747 EDF Jet.

Comment

• An obvious build would be the new USAF Trainer officially named T-7A Red Hawk in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen. I also prefer the red tail nod paint scheme.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 00-34-53 Boeing T-7A Red Hawk.png
Views:	597
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	325852

Comment

• Come on Alpha , You know you want to do this one.... DH-89 Dragon Rapide.

Name:	DH Dragon1.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	325869

Comment

Working...
                                          X