Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis time in the 1600-1700 category. Those Spitfires and Corsairs need a companion.

Comment

• I would like to see a war bird that only used by female pilots, if there is such a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stella View Post
        I would like to see a war bird that only used by female pilots, if there is such a thing.
        I've been converting my OV-10 to a Cal Fire version and modeled the pilot as best I could after one of their female pilots

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200730_174355_01.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	271061Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-06-1617.19.04-copy-1080x675.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	271063
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
          I'm going to guess flightline in this order of probabilities

Zero (noone else has one)
          B29 ( people have been begging for one)
          Me109
          Mosquito
          B17
          P47
          P38
          Ah Flighline P-38 already exists, and probably still sells well. It is a great plane, I have one. All the others would make sense....I always expected a Mosi especially after they did two other 1600mm twins. Also Bf110 would be cool.

I didn't realize the announcement is tomorrow - I'll miss the live version because I will be at my local club. I would like to see it, but flying trumps talking about flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Ah Flighline P-38 already exists, and probably still sells well. It is a great plane, I have one. All the others would make sense....I always expected a Mosi especially after they did two other 1600mm twins. Also Bf110 would be cool.

I didn't realize the announcement is tomorrow - I'll miss the live version because I will be at my local club. I would like to see it, but flying trumps talking about flying.
            They've made a B-17 and a Mossie in the past but are now discontinued.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

That is actually the electric line hangar at Triple Tree in Woodfuff, SC....ahhh, I know it well and have missed this years activities there. Dern Covid..
              Steve, if I recall that hanger did not have rollup doors, did I miss that?

Ron.
              AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

I've been converting my OV-10 to a Cal Fire version and modeled the pilot as best I could after one of their female pilots

Name:	IMG_20200730_174355_01.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	271061Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-06-1617.19.04-copy-1080x675.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	271063
                Nice! I love it. at only 8 years old, I don't know all the planes yet but learning fast. lool

Comment

• Fokker Tri-motor...(Avro 618).

Comment

• God I hope it’s not a zero. I’m already setting to by the Rafaele and the zero is on my want list.
                    I inly have so much money to spend. Between Ammo, RC helicopters and RC planes, it’s getting harder and harder to spread the love.

Gravy

Comment

• Motorcycles and submarines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I saw that I wrote, I even have one. I meant P-39. Although I wouldn't mind a V2 with the newer wing attachment tech.

Hadn't thought about a Bf110. Yes please. Might have to convert it to night fighter... Must resist... Too many projects...

Resistance is futile

Comment

I would like to see a war bird that only used by female pilots, if there is such a thing.
                          The British had men and women in the Air Transport Auxilary (ATA) and the USA had the Womens Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) that flew pretty much any and all WWII aircraft including all the top combat fighters and bombers. The USSR used women in all combat rolls and had some very successful women ace fighter pilots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

The British had men and women in the Air Transport Auxilary (ATA) and the USA had the Womens Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) that flew pretty much any and all WWII aircraft including all the top combat fighters and bombers. The USSR used women in all combat rolls and had some very successful women ace fighter pilots.
                            Thanks! I have heard of the WASP and I have talked with the 99'ers some. I just wondered if maybe a all girl squad existed that Motionrc could make the plane with their squad marking or something like that. I know they could sell at least 1. LOL

Comment

Thanks! I have heard of the WASP and I have talked with the 99'ers some. I just wondered if maybe a all girl squad existed that Motionrc could make the plane with their squad marking or something like that. I know they could sell at least 1. LOL
                              There's the Polikarpov Po-2, flown by the "Night Witches" in WW2. That would be a cool model - I would absolutely buy one.

Comment

Stella, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Great to have you on board. If MotionRC does not do an "All Girl" Livery, I know that Callie at Callie Graphics will be more than willing to get a custom markings set rolling for you. Check her out here at the "Squawk" and on that webthingie, Her address: www.calliegraphics.com Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• i was just about to order h king mig 17 i will wait.... it might b that a6m 4 my corsair to shoot at

Comment

Nice! I love it. at only 8 years old, I don't know all the planes yet but learning fast. lool
                                    You're only 8 years old?! You're the future of our hobby, Stella!

I'll need to revisit a model that more fittingly commemorates the WASP's *massive* contribution to the war effort. Pilot Evelyn and her dad Tony painted up one of our FlightLine P-38s in a factory fresh livery in honor of WASPs. Hmm... ideas..
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Stella nice to have you with us! You don't need to wait for an all girl squad plane/jet, as you can see, my wife is already in "our" planes. You can fly anything the boys can, and probably a lot better!!

Name:	20181129_164547.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	271101Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_215637.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	271102Click image for larger version

Name:	20180424_181620.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	271103Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_180903.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	271104Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_125032.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	271105
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

When my daughter was your age, we built a model rocket together. The original suggested paint scheme was all boy. She fixed that. She painted it pink and used dry transfer decals of flowers and fairies she got from Hobby Lobby. It is 6feet long and she named it "Flower Power". Totally awesome! She's in college now, and that rocket is hanging from her ceiling still.

Go ahead, and make a plane how you want it to look. Repaint it if you want. Put different stickers on it. It WILL be the coolest plane out there because it is yours.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Fly-The-Lockheed-Model-10E-Electra-Now.png
Views:	574
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	271115 A Lockheed Electra 10E would be a damned cool addition to any hanger

Click image for larger version  Name:	1a189237e2db8d0ef05307d84c8d1f83--air-planes-pilots.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.4 KB ID:	271112
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X