Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the answer for this weeks release was: 80mm Saab Gripen....:)

a good past few weeks for MRC scale EDF folks. One from Eastern Europe and one from Scandinavia.

Comment

• If/when we see the majority of people confidently flying a delta, we'll consider other deltas. The Mirage was the first chance, the Gripen is now the second. Show me we can all fly thin arrowheads without falling out of the sky, then we'll talk about which long-bodied delta should be next on our To Do list (Tu-144, Concorde, Hustler, Draken, Delta Dart, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Everyone knows I love deltas, so, it's a low bar.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by desert thunder View Post
        Alpha,
        Any chance you might make your airframes more turbine conversion friendly in the future?
        Good question, desert thunder . Short of overtly saying one of our airplanes is "turbine ready", which we wouldn't say primarily because of liability reasons, we have mentioned at times that several of our recent aircraft are "turbine friendly". There are pilots here on Squawk who have converted the T-33, as an example, with minimal effort. I've seen a turbine Freewing A-10, Stinger 90, Avanti, T-33, Yak-130, and a couple others. Recent models like the T-33 are especially friendly due to their internal layouts (e.g. longer upper deck hatch), more so than older designs like the Stinger 90 (with its short upper deck hatch providing less space for turbine/ECU/batt gear access). As a turbine driver myself, I always try to keep an eye toward making our aircraft easier to convert to turbine if/where doing so does not compromise the aircraft's primary design objectives as an electric PNP.

Beyond providing a "willing canvas", though, it's still up to the individual modeler to take it the rest of the way. That includes not just the powerplant installation and configuration but also everything else a builder would review if he/she were assembling a Skymaster or BVM. Hinge prep, gear assessment, servo and aux power, etc. I don't see how we can go further than we already have to making things turbine friendly, without actually breaking into increasing cost.

Comment

• it sounds like you are thinking about it, the main things I would look for are, single engine, internal volume(fuel) and large hatch and.............sports jets rule.

Thanks

Comment

• oh no zeek o well looks like the mig 17 will fill my hanger soon ... but the delta is incredible looking piece of art ....motian~~ alpha do a great job engaging with the rc community im about 3 years in.... no one else comes close... just saying maybe the next 1 willb a zero

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Besides a 80-90mm EDF Gripen, I would LOVE a new sport jet. Anyone who knows me well, is aware that sport jets are my favorite. With the success of the Freewing Stinger 90 and Avanti S (already 3 years old amazingly), the market clearly accepted a well designed sport jet with open arms (especially after they see it fly). If I remember correctly, the time between releases of a new sport jet from the Stinger 90 to the Avanti was about 4 years, give or take. With the Avanti being 3 years old, hopefully we can see a new 80-90mm EDF sport jet in less than a year from now.

So, another great sport jet in the 80-90mm EDF size range with room to balance 6S-12S LiPo's. Maybe even a means to bolt-on a VT system if the customer wants, just like what is being done with the Mig-29. With a sport jet and its nature of being designed to fly well, you can imagine how much fun VT is on a jet that can already fly aerobatics extremely well. Now THAT I'm all over like flies on s....
              My old response was only a few days ago, so that's awesome to see another jet I've wanted be offered by Motion. Now that I have my Mig-29 and Gripen......I just need the following sport jet I have described above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Project Jaws

O'er laid sea trenches through my sol
                Soul immortal legends past
                fast a whisper fletch and quiver
                single staff superb at last
                Revved and rent
                the pavement tearing
                grip the peat her war just won
                They've all gone a hiding hearing
                Future Past
                We've just begun
                Say Jaws and choose.
                Alpha, Turns out your rune was a "gripen' tale of suspense, betrayal, and intrigue. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Don't know if it has been mentioned here but I'm going to say it again anyway at Alpha's suggestion lol

MiG-15 please!!! 😁

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck 2.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	271443Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck 3.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	271444Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	271445
                    I think all the jets being produced are outstanding and if I had to make a serious choice, I would replace every plane I have with a jet! But, once in awhile it would be great to see some rare old birds come to life and be honoured in EPO just as you are doing now. The old Grumman J2F Duck would be a great companion to the Grumman Albatross that's out there. It may be a challenge to make and perhaps the retractable landing gear could be an issue, but there are examples out there that have been done by modelers and it all works!. I guess the other option is to scratch build one if there are plans available....

Comment

• Airhead saying DUCK!!!!!!!!!
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Really pleased for all the Gripen fans out there. Looks like another stunning model from Motion. What an amazing time to be involved in this hobby with models of this quality coming out at the pace that they do. Nice work Alpha and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I like that went in depth, BluesDragon. The fun is in playing the game, not winning it.

Here's the breakdown for Project Jaws: JAS 39 Gripen:

Project Jaws --

O'er laid sea trenches through my sol --Imagery of flying ("o'er") from WWI ("trenches") to present day ("my Sol"). Sol is the Swedish word for sun. Clues: Airplane, Swedish, connection from WWI to Present Day
                          Soul immortal legends past --Imagery further supporting a connection from the present to the past. Clues: An "immortal" airplane... cannot be, so the immortal aspect is the livery/squadron/unit = Heritage livery of a Swedish airplane
                          fast a whisper fletch and quiver -- A fast but low observable airplane ("fast a whisper") that has multiple roles ("quiver"). A "Fletch" is the fin of an arrow (i.e., Delta wing shape). Clues: Multirole Swedish Delta Airplane
                          single staff superb at last -- Single engine ("single staff"), the latest iteration being the best ("superb at last"). The Super Gripen is the latest iteration of the Gripen.
                          Revved and rent --Imagery of a car (revving the engine) and accelerating quickly ("rent the pavement tearing"). Saab builds cars. We know it's a Swedish jet, now the riddle mentions cars. Swedish Jet+Cars = Saab.
                          the pavement tearing
                          grip the peat her war just won --Imagery of a double meaning of a jet accelerating and a car accelerating on grass/unprepared surfaces ("grip the peat"). Also, history lesson, Saab was founded in 1945 ("her war just won"). The "war" mentioned is WW2. Her war (the Swedes, and the Czechs) was just one.
                          They've all gone a hiding hearing --"They" is a reference to other modern multirole fighters trying to achieve stealth ("they've all gone a hiding"), despite the
                          Future Past --Double reference confirming the heritage livery of a Saab delta, and also the fact that the Gripen has exceeded some of the more "futuristic" airplanes (the Gripen has low observability qualities despite not being an overtly "stealth" aircraft.
                          We've just begun --

Say Jaws and choose. --If you say "Jaws" aloud, you're also saying "JAS", which is a reference to the JAS 39. "Choose" is a reference to the fact that the Swedish people voted for the name "Gripen" in a public poll to name the JAS 39. They said Jaws (JAS) and chose (Gripen)

Clues:
                          Airplane
                          Swedish
                          Connection from WWI to Present Day (livery)
                          Delta Wing
                          Multirole
                          Jet company and Car company imagery founded after a large war (Saab)
                          Stealthy/futuristic, while still being connected to the past
                          Pronounced JAS and the name was chosen by the people

=

Swedish Saab JAS 39 Gripen in Heritage Livery commemorating 100 years of the Czech Air Force

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...jet#post271300
                          Oh yeah.. now for a vivid look into the puzzle master mind! I love the game.. although I'm almost never on the right track, it's always fun trying to figure it out while building up sleep deprivation. lol.. I'll get it one of these days...
                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Alpha If this is the forum for next jet requests, I'd love to see either a single or twin 80mm Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) F-111C air superiority grey. It's a sexy, aggressive looking strike aircraft. However, I appreciate the complexities of a wing box that would have to come with it, but it has a shape that I think would be appealing to people, especially those who remember in US service as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zupxd2y723i01.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	271484Click image for larger version

Name:	DFA_71.png
Views:	324
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	271485
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mick8488 View Post
                              Alpha If this is the forum for next jet requests, I'd love to see either a single or twin 80mm Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) F-111C air superiority grey. It's a sexy, aggressive looking strike aircraft. However, I appreciate the complexities of a wing box that would have to come with it, but it has a shape that I think would be appealing to people, especially those who remember in US service as well.

Name:	zupxd2y723i01.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	271484Click image for larger version

Name:	DFA_71.png
Views:	324
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	271485
                              That has been asked for Mannnnnny times Yesssss please.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Name:	J2F Duck 2.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	271443Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck 3.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	271444Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	271445
                                I think all the jets being produced are outstanding and if I had to make a serious choice, I would replace every plane I have with a jet! But, once in awhile it would be great to see some rare old birds come to life and be honoured in EPO just as you are doing now. The old Grumman J2F Duck would be a great companion to the Grumman Albatross that's out there. It may be a challenge to make and perhaps the retractable landing gear could be an issue, but there are examples out there that have been done by modelers and it all works!. I guess the other option is to scratch build one if there are plans available....
                                Oh, a waterbomber would also be nice. Think ablut a Canadair.CL-415:

Name:	40194_1542312886.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	271528

Comment

• Still hoping for something like a 1600-1700mm PC-21 that I can drop a 6S 5000-6000mAh into when I'm done with flying EDF's. The FMS 1100mm is great on 5 or 6S, but I know Flightline can do this one better for sure. RAAF delivery scheme is a stunner too

Comment

• My name is Alpha and I approve of this page

Comment

• As far as "swing wings" go, I'd rather see a Panavia Tornado. But then, with the F-14 already in existence as a model, perhaps a more refined, improved V2 might be better?

Comment

• Alpha, design idea:

Have you considered single seat and dual seat canopy options for certain models? Either one would fit in the same fuselage, but they’d hav different canopy dimensions and different seating/pilot configurations. Could be offered as an optional part. Also, these could be retroactively designed for models already existing.

Id love to see that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by grant22 View Post
                                          Alpha, design idea:

Have you considered single seat and dual seat canopy options for certain models? Either one would fit in the same fuselage, but they’d hav different canopy dimensions and different seating/pilot configurations. Could be offered as an optional part. Also, these could be retroactively designed for models already existing.

Id love to see that happen.
                                          I considered doing a 3DPUP for the A-10 to make a A-10B N/AW. Modification to the cockpit/hatch, a small turtle deck fairing, and extended stabilizer tips and elevators.

A 2-seater for the MiG-29 can likely work by just kit-bashing the canopy/battery hatch.

I'm assuming that the cost of tooling might be a risk to take on assuming a low interest, much like the optional TV that's being provided with the 2 new releases.

Comment

Working...
                                          X