Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think a 1600mm Bf109 would be sweeeeet. And two new pocket warbirds (Zero and early Spitfire), The suspense is killing me! I checked and noticed I pre-ordered my Gripen on the 28th of August, the day of the launch, 6 months since the latest foam-release coming up in less than three weeks. The line-up is great, but would be nice with some new models this spring.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_200505.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	298577

Comment

• This weekend is the start of lunar holiday, so if no announcements or code word puzzles before then...

Comment

• Gilatrout

Alpha has been MIA since right before Thanksgiving so I doubt any announcements will be coming soon. Hope he is ok and didn't pick up Covid.... Also, I remember reading some time ago that he wouldn't be doing any code word puzzles anymore because of all the drama it caused on here.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	147376100_270821351069570_5895322536068792617_o.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	298849

Comment

• Look like Steve Erkel planes. "Did I do that?"

Comment

• I'd buy one just 'cause it's so different and odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                  Look like Steve Erkel planes. "Did I do that?"

Comment

• It is the Transavia PL-12 Airtruk. I had never heard of it before, I just saw the photo on some random page. But no matter how weird a plane is, there is always some guy who has built an RC version. No different here:

This very rare Rc airplane is owned by Vince Blaszczyk and was flown by Frank Noll at the Joe Nall Week 2019This model is scratch built from the original pla...

Comment

• I remember reading about that plane when it was first built that it had “crashing” survivability built into it. That’s why the fuselage is sort of roundish like a wheel. Kind of explains the odd shape.

Comment

• I've seen the Airtruks fly out at Temora in central west NSW the last time I was there for Warbirds Down Under. Quite a big aircraft up close and most definitely unusual. Wouldn't be my first choice for an RC model though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                          I remember reading about that plane when it was first built that it had “crashing” survivability built into it. That’s why the fuselage is sort of roundish like a wheel. Kind of explains the odd shape.
                          So I guess survivability is enhanced by designing the plane to look like it already crashed.

Comment

• LOL! I guess you could go there.. Most specifically designed utility/aerial applicator aircraft are not the most aesthetically appealing...

Comment

• It looks like a smart car with wings. Probably does a wicked snap roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrop View Post
                                I've seen the Airtruks fly out at Temora in central west NSW the last time I was there for Warbirds Down Under. Quite a big aircraft up close and most definitely unusual. Wouldn't be my first choice for an RC model though.
                                me neither oddball is oddball .. the Aussie in me says Wirraway Now that's oddball to the rest of earth.... but it would not sell.?.... so again zero zero zero.... 1700 collection fms was underpowered,,,, 1600 flightline is not,,, what an awesome collection it would be.?.. ye ye o well that's what I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Shrop View Post
                                  I've seen the Airtruks fly out at Temora in central west NSW the last time I was there for Warbirds Down Under. Quite a big aircraft up close and most definitely unusual. Wouldn't be my first choice for an RC model though.
                                  Sorry and welcome to thesquark

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

me neither oddball is oddball .. the Aussie in me says Wirraway Now that's oddball to the rest of earth.... but it would not sell.?.... so again zero zero zero.... 1700 collection fms was underpowered,,,, 1600 flightline is not,,, what an awesome collection it would be.?.. ye ye o well that's what I think
                                    Agreed, Wirraway (or Boomerang) would be awesome, but probably a bit too niche for the worldwide market. Anywhos I'm buying whatever the next 1600mm Flightline warbird is (unless its a P-51D) as their Spitty and Corsair remain faithful favourites in my hanger after 100's of problem free ops. As a Brit I'd love a Hawker (Hurri, Typhoon or Tempest). Unlikely, but I can live in hope.

Comment

• I second the Boomerang!! Well, and the zero!

Comment

• I agree the Flightline 1600mm are much superior to the FMS 1700. And there are still a ton of subjects for 1600mm that are popular and haven’t been done well for a while. There’s the Zero, Me109, FW190, IL-2, Hellcat, Wildcat, Val, Kate, Dauntless, Devastator, Stuka, etc. And then adding to the 1600mm twins there’s Me110, Ki-45, Ju-88, Mosquito, Do-335, etc. All these would all be great and mainstream enough to sell, but not ridiculously overdone like the “Big 3” (P51, P47, Corsair).

However….I wonder if there is some kind of “diminishing return” on doing more planes that are so similar. A Zero and a P-51 might be quite different in reality, but when you convert them to 1600mm foam airplane with the same power system….are they really all that different? I have had the 1600mm P-38 and the 1600mm Tigercat, and they do fly somewhat differently, but would a 3rd 1600mm foam twin really add much? At some point people are going to find the next release to be “not quite a must-have”.

There’s also something to be said for mixing it up and providing things that are truly different. So far I think Freewing/Flightline have been pretty good at this. But that’s a challenge – different enough to be complementary, but mainstream enough to sell. And it gets harder with every release.

Looking over the list above, I think a dive bomber or torpedo plane would be a good choice. People would add drop mechanisms, and it gives that plane something unique vs. just another 1600mm fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                          [FONT=Calibri]I agree the Flightline 1600mm are much superior to the FMS 1700]
                                          GT, Quite intuitive thoughts, my friend. I agree. The notion of a Flightline 1600mm AM6 variant, and others you posted, would be great even if it flew similarly to other 1600mm warbirds. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X