Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the price you really can't go wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      What I been doing is ordering the floureon 4500 45c packs through Amazon prime 119 for 2 and if they have an issue just send them back through prime. I've been using them steady since February and not one sign of sag or puffing. I've been super impressed.
      Lucky you, you're in a place where you can fly nearly all year round. The county closes the access road to the road that goes to the airfield I fly around the first of November until late March or April so they have one less road to plow if it snows.

Comment

• Yeah but 110° in high humidity really sucks. Theres always compromises with everything. However still not as bad as when I was packing around 120 lbs of gear in 140° heat in Iraq.

Comment

• :Sweating:
          Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Yeah but 110° in high humidity really sucks. Theres always compromises with everything. However still not as bad as when I was packing around 120 lbs of gear in 140° heat in Iraq.
          That sucks in an entirely different kind of way!!!:Sweating:

Comment

• Yes indeed brother.

Comment

Yeah but 110° in high humidity really sucks. Theres always compromises with everything. However still not as bad as when I was packing around 120 lbs of gear in 140° heat in Iraq.
              But at least Iraq was a "dry heat". :) On board an aircraft carrier, the people who refuel the planes wear purple jerseys and are called "grapes". When we were in The Gulf we started calling them "raisins".

Comment

• They didnt have bullets flying at them or at least the possibility of finding an IED in route. Both of which did happen to me. Only a couple of those bullets also did find me. Only reason I stopped cursing that body armor. I wouldn't be here, two center mass well placed shots to the heart one to the front plate and one to the back. Now my back is fouled up for the rest of my life.

Comment

They didnt have bullets flying at them or at least the possibility of finding an IED in route. Both of which did happen to me. Only a couple of those bullets also did find me. Only reason I stopped cursing that body armor. I wouldn't be here, two center mass well placed shots to the heart one to the front plate and one to the back. Now my back is fouled up for the rest of my life.
                  But considering the alternatives of paralysis or death, a bad back is a situation that you can handle. On a carrier, all it takes is one person not on the ball, or sometimes not even that, to "ruin your day". The latest conjecture on the cause was that a safety pin that had a long pennant on it accidentally closed the firing circuit due to high winds.

Comment

• Considering the alternative, I think I would rather him have been a better shot. I lost 41 friends over there. Not a day goes by I dont have nightmares about them and how it all went down. One was a gunner who lost his head that ended up in his TCs lap. I watched it happen and will never let me sleep in peace.

Comment

• :(:(:( Love you Bro....

Comment

• I'm ok. Just wish the freaking nightmares would stop but I know they are with me for the rest of my life. They just put me in a bad spot from time to time. I just come to the realization that if I do or do not talk about it they are still here so sometimes I just feel like letting go, and I just mean for talking about all that went on.

Comment

• Always here to listen!!!! :Cool:

Comment

I'm ok. Just wish the freaking nightmares would stop but I know they are with me for the rest of my life. They just put me in a bad spot from time to time. I just come to the realization that if I do or do not talk about it they are still here so sometimes I just feel like letting go, and I just mean for talking about all that went on.
                            how blessed you are, your in my prayers bro
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

Considering the alternative, I think I would rather him have been a better shot. I lost 41 friends over there. Not a day goes by I dont have nightmares about them and how it all went down. One was a gunner who lost his head that ended up in his TCs lap. I watched it happen and will never let me sleep in peace.
                              First of all "Thank You for your Service"! I so hate to hear of the nightmares our soldiers have for things they have seen. Just remember my friend we are hear for you. If you ever need to talk or an ear to listen I'm here. Just IM me and I'll gladly give you my #!
                              Still Learning:D

Comment

• Copy that, thanks brother

Comment

• It is why I'm glad I got into the hobby, it gives me something to keep my mind busy. And awesome folks like you all to keep me going and like having an extended family. Really means alot.

Comment

• We're here for you! Hat's off to you!
                                    Still Learning:D

Comment

• I have had this classic German warbird the Arado 234 in mind as a possible future EDF for good reasons. So Let me know what you all think.
                                      I have personally seen this bird in person at the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center and was surprised it was smaller than I had imagined.

1. Unique twin B model or Quad C model engine variants. ( Could come standard as a twin 70mm but could be modified to a quad with a kit)
                                      2. Large beefy landing gear perfect for grass fields.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar_234_3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	145479

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                        I have had this classic German warbird the Arado 234 in mind as a possible future EDF for good reasons. So Let me know what you all think.
                                        I have personally seen this bird in person at the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center and was surprised it was smaller than I had imagined.

1. Unique twin B model or Quad C model engine variants. ( Could come standard as a twin 70mm but could be modified to a quad with a kit)
                                        2. Large beefy landing gear perfect for grass fields.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar_234_3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	145479
                                        Or the A model for folks who like to belly land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Or the A model for folks who like to belly land.
                                          This one could be easily belly-landed on grass with the gear retracted! And its a very cool plane for sure, would present a few difficulties as an RC model unless it was pretty big. It would be terrific with 70mm fans just like the 262 (the nacelles are practically identical). Maybe they could offer it with a quad option (just switch out the nacelles). The main gear is quite narrow and the wing and horizontal stab are really skinny. But these things could be modified slightly by the geniuses at FW I am sure so that it would handle well. while still retaining the basic scale looks.

Did you notice what a gigantic beast the Do335 is, which as you know is sitting right next to the Arado? And the incredible He219 UHU right behind the tail, looking like a spaceship? All three of these planes were fantastic and deserve to be added to the FW fleet.
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X