You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Some birds can be a real hand full on paved runways too. Best to just be thankfull we've got a place to fly. :Cool::)
    Yeah, my Sky Angel EDFs are like that. No rudder or steerable nose wheel, and the runway "breaks" to the left or right, depending on what way you're going. And while the biggest allure for the larger EDFs are the retracts, have you ever thought about a catapult and belly landing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rougarou69 View Post
      Anxiously awaiting the release of the F/A-18 Blue Angels Super Hornet in either the 80 or 90 mm version
      Was looking around and found this. It's not an 80 mm+ or Blue Angels, but thought you and the other Hornet Hounds might be interested:
       The F/A-18F Super Hornet is a tandem-seat, carrier-capable, multirole fighter and attack aircraft based on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet. Designed and initially produced by McDonnell Douglas, the Super Hornet first flew in 1995. The Super Hornet entered service with the United Stat

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Was looking around and found this. It's not an 80 mm+ or Blue Angels, but thought you and the other Hornet Hounds might be interested:
        That plane looks an awfully lot like the FMS F-18F Super Hornet. But if you want a bigger one, there is this:

https://www.freewing-model.com/freew...f-jet-pnp.html Looks like Freewing still has a few. Apparently someone thought a thrust vectoring tail pipe would be a good idea on this one. Turned out to be a really bad idea I think, but who knows. Looks like they still have some.
        I don't like this because I would like a tandem cockpit. But I could get one of these, remove the thrust vectoring, add a proper rudder and waalaa Super F-18. Looks like they did learn their lesson about the tail vectoring thing with the new F-22.

Best Regards
        Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

That plane looks an awfully lot like the FMS F-18F Super Hornet. But if you want a bigger one, there is this:

https://www.freewing-model.com/freew...f-jet-pnp.html Looks like Freewing still has a few. Apparently someone thought a thrust vectoring tail pipe would be a good idea on this one. Turned out to be a really bad idea I think, but who knows. Looks like they still have some.
          I don't like this because I would like a tandem cockpit. But I could get one of these, remove the thrust vectoring, add a proper rudder and waalaa Super F-18. Looks like they did learn their lesson about the tail vectoring thing with the new F-22.

Best Regards
          Woody

Not really a fan of Hornet because with the exception of the S-3, I prefer dedicated aircraft versus multi-role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Best Regards
            Woody

That first one is indeed the FMS F18. It is branded under their ROC Hobby line.

Be aware the one you linked is NOT a real Freewing site. It is a scam site as confirmed by Tom here many times!

Comment

• I really like the FW 90mm F-18 especially because of the TVs but realize that feature is very polarizing. You either love it or hate it. The Euro fighter was the same generation FreeWing product before FreeWing was even known here in the U.S.. The SU's where good too with the SU-35 being better than the 27.

As far as the F-22, I really think FW screwed up not putting lights and TVs on it and I have added both to mine and love it.

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Best Regards
              Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                I really like the FW 90mm F-18 especially because of the TVs but realize that feature is very polarizing. You either love it or hate it. The Euro fighter was the same generation FreeWing product before FreeWing was even known here in the U.S.. The SU's where good too with the SU-35 being better than the 27.

As far as the F-22, I really think FW screwed up not putting lights and TVs on it and I have added both to mine and love it.

I think we can respectfully disagree. I think the thrust vectoring killed the 90mm F-18. It would have seemed appropriate to have it on the F-22. Lights would be nice, but you can always add that sort of stuff.

Woody

Screwed up is a pretty powerful term. How so? They seem to be selling a lot of them. W

Comment

• We can disagree :)... as I said it’s polarizing. They did sell a ton of those F-18’s even doing a V-2.

As I said lights and TVs on the F-22. I added them to mine.
                  Heck there are some pretty strong comments about no inner gear doors and that they didn’t cover the rudder servos. But that said my post is my opinion and I respect yours.

Comment

• How about a Grumman S 2 Tracker, w folding wing, be a great easy to transport twin......... Or maybe the F3F,w scale gear and rigging, now that would be a crowd pleaser.hmmm, or the Grumman JF 1 duck for multi field capabilities

Comment

• 1600mm T-34C Turbo Mentor!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                        1600mm T-34C Turbo Mentor!
                        I like your choice, would like to see one of those as well.

Comment

1600mm T-34C Turbo Mentor!
                          +1 would make a great option to a T28

Comment

• Image result for t-34c

Comment

Image result for t-34c
                              Nice picture,I am in

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

Nice picture,I am in
                                It's such a good flying and ground handling airframe. I think it would be a great seller for the prop and jet guys! Please motion!:)

Comment

• I have a small one that was on sale for $79 at one point. Can’t remember who I bought it from. Around 900mm sized. Too tiny for me. Almost bought a nice full scale B model but the C model is made of unobtainium

Comment

• A T 34 would be a must have for me too.
                                    along with A B26 Invader and a P 39, with only the paint on them. Decals in the box so we can choose our individual scheme. Removing decals is never pleasant. all in all 1600 mm span,please.

Comment

• Anything WW2 German and twin prop.

Although a nice Emil would be great too....oh yeah 1600mm also please

Comment

• Motion should survey past customers, maybe two or more planes bought from them.
                                        Maybe a checklist of possible future planes or we could submit a list from 1 to 5 of planes we want to buy for our squadrons. I think that would give them a reliable indication of planes that would actually sell well.

Comment

• How about one of those colored bar graphs like a “polled vote”. Anytime somebody brings up another plane they just add it to the bottom. As the numbers increase for that model, it moves upward.

Comment

Working...
                                          X