X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dynam Gloster Meteor f8

God save the queen and dynam send me a meteor. In similar fashion to the p 61, news has leaked out about a new gloster meteor. I found out on the "other" forum(as much uninformed negativity on that forum as a conversation with my ex-wife)under the p61 thread. Meteor has its own thread. The thing is all wing, it has to be good flyer. A meteor! Truely the golden age. Cheerio....

Alpha..I promise no questions. When its ready,its ready. Whatever wheels and struts, im happy. The same "Willy Shoemaker" pilots will be ok. The bits that may not be museum scale i will live with just fine. How cool...a meteor..awsome. Dynam is as dynam does, i couldnt be happier.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Plenty of cool schemes to choose.

We need a Canberra with English Electric/BAC and Martin B-57 forward fuse/canopy options....then I'll be very happy!

Comment

Verrry Interesting.....:Thinking:

I've often thought that a Gloster Meteor would be a cool plane to have abound to chase the 262s. I'm surprised it's Dynam that will possibly be the one to come forth with this offering.
      I just hope that they have been taking notes and learned a few valuable lessons watching FreeWing and FMS with their new generation EDF designs.

The Dynam ME-262 was an O.K. product on its own and some what mediocre when compared to the FreeWing ME-262, but its short fallings can be addressed with a little modding here and there.
      If they can produce a Meteor that is half as much the quality that we have come to enjoy from Freewing and FMS, they will have a pretty decent model on their hands. { PLEASE, let it be a twin 70mm }

The Gloster Meteor is a great platform for a good flying model that would have all the good characteristics of the 262 and none of her bad ones :
      ) big straight wing
      ) high ground clearance for the engine nacelles
      ) nice round nose and body for big battery bay
      ) conventional landing gear

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	gloster.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	108626 Only pics I could find on another forum. I must have one.

Comment

I want one.

Comment

I can’t wait. I wonder if it will come in silver paint scheme or camo scheme? Lots of interesting paint schemes for the Meteor F8 to choose from.
            We are so lucky with all the cool new planes coming out from Motion RC!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcangel View Post
              Verrry Interesting.....:Thinking:

I've often thought that a Gloster Meteor would be a cool plane to have abound to chase the 262s. I'm surprised it's Dynam that will possibly be the one to come forth with this offering.
              I just hope that they have been taking notes and learned a few valuable lessons watching FreeWing and FMS with their new generation EDF designs.

The Dynam ME-262 was an O.K. product on its own and some what mediocre when compared to the FreeWing ME-262, but its short fallings can be addressed with a little modding here and there.
              If they can produce a Meteor that is half as much the quality that we have come to enjoy from Freewing and FMS, they will have a pretty decent model on their hands. { PLEASE, let it be a twin 70mm }

The Gloster Meteor is a great platform for a good flying model that would have all the good characteristics of the 262 and none of her bad ones :
              ) big straight wing
              ) high ground clearance for the engine nacelles
              ) nice round nose and body for big battery bay
              ) conventional landing gear
              How about throwing a P-80 into the mix since a flight of three conducted some classified missions out of Italy during the war.

Comment

Its up on dynam's website and facebook. Silver scheme. Looks good to me. Good looking gear. 1270mm span. 70mm fans. Same comical $999 listing as the B26 before it was available. (Think $999 is bad...look at the ME262..$999,999)..interesting note ,dynam is reworking the P61 thanks to alpha and a build review video by the slovinian guy, pilot robert(?) per a facebook post from dynam. The meteor stands a good chance of benefitting from lessons learned. Oh yes...she will be mine..
                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

I want to know how to become a product tester for Dynam and get to check out a prototype, find what it needs and document how to make it right.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

in the facebook pictures, it looks like a cheap toy......count me out.

Comment

I am up for one when they become available.... Just tell me when. A new paint job for sure......

Comment

Very much looking forward to this one! Has anyone heard if / when Motion RC will be selling the Dynam Gloster Meteor?

Michael (if your not fryin, your not tryin!)
                        I built it AND it flew! Miss you Jeff Gilbert, long live the Diamond Dust!

Comment

I have sooooo got to have this. Point to note. If I die just after this comes out, the wife did it! I tried purchasing the one from Green Air Designs a few years ago. Had a lot of problem trying to buy it. Numerous emails, phone calls which were never answered. Finally I said screw it. That’s one company I will never give my business to. Thank goodness for Motion. I’ll probably wind up buying two. Keep one in the box as a spare

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                            I finally had a chance to look over the new pics of the meteor on their website. In all truth, the model kind of reminds me of the Durafly Vampire sold over at Hobby King. That plane is a sweet heart, once you do the tail boom mods, and anyone who has ever owned one will tell you the same. The cheap little Vampire is one of my fun flyers that I really enjoy flying.

The Dynam Meteor does look a little cheap in appearance but just like its older sister, the Dynam ME-262, it will probably be a good flyer none the less. So far, the model seems to have incorporated some of the good features I would expect from a new generation EDF and I will probably get one to play with along side my little Vampire.

Comment

Wonder why we have not seen any video of the Meteor in its virgin white -- we used to see many "proto" videos a few years back ? I too have wanted some GreenAir models (Canberra !!) but they just don't seem to want any US representation, besides the shipping is horrendous and they are not inexpensive kits to start with. I do have their B-52, 104 and Vampire that I bought back from the UK in luggage many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                That's pretty much what it is. As long as it's priced right I want one. Because......METEOR!!! :)

Comment

$330 for the meteor pnp.....Thats $90 more than the Me262. Those 12blade fans must be made of titainium. Same wire struts. Same retracts that wont work in the cold. Im sure the same famous dynam QC. I own the b26 and love it but i wouldnt have bought it if it was priced higher than it is. Im just going to wait and buy one when dynam goes under. Dynam is more of a hot mess than my ex-wife....she thought she was worth more than she was too.

Comment

Originally posted by davecee View Post

That's pretty much what it is. As long as it's priced right I want one. Because......METEOR!!! :)
                                    I want one of these, but I'll not buy at $330. Below $300 possibly, below $280 for sure

Comment

I would not put much credence in their pricing -- they have "in stock" spare parts for their AT-6, ALL AT $999. Still waiting for a video and a good word from Motion as Alpha did say he was working with Dynam on this one. I am in at $339 ! Cold working retracts ? Not a problem where I fly!

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                        Im just going to wait and buy one when dynam goes under. Dynam is more of a hot mess than my ex-wife....she thought she was worth more than she was too.
                                        That's Funny
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X