X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
    I would not put much credence in their pricing -- they have "in stock" spare parts for their AT-6, ALL AT $999. Still waiting for a video and a good word from Motion as Alpha did say he was working with Dynam on this one. I am in at $339 ! Cold working retracts ? Not a problem where I fly!
    I am not going to buy it for other reasons. I am questioning Dynam's business model and ethics. I have really wanted a meteor for a long time. Maybe they could come out with a Flightline version. At least Freewing makes a quality product. I am just not going to buy from anyone but MotionRC. With a dynam model you HAVE to have good vendor support.
    Last edited by DR. Joy; Mar 4, 2018, 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Now they're showing it at $350. Forget it.

Bitgo Hobby is a Radio Control hobby product distributor in the US. RC airplanes, RC vehicles, RC boats, we have all. Dynam, Xfly, Dancing Wings, Red Cat, HSD Jet, Volantex, OMP and more are coming to our store.

Dynam Gloster Meteor Twin 70mm EDF Jet - BNP

0 Review(s)

Questions about this item? Be the first to ask here.

Your Price: $349.00

Comment

$329 for pnp, $349 for bnp (has detrum rx installed) ,$419 for rtf. Doesnt even have suspension for $329.
        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

No thanks, put $50 with that and get a 90mm Venom.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I was really looking forward to this model, but now I'm some what disappointed. This model is roughly the same size as their own ME-262, I can't for the life of me understand why they priced it so much more than their 262.
            I get it that the 262 is an older model and incorporating new technology in the new model design would cost more, but come on...... On top of that they even strayed away from their original format of offering a PNP and RTF versions to now include a BNF version. If they really wanted to change their marketing strategy and appeal to larger consumer base, they should have introduced an ARF version instead. :Ligthbulb:

Dynam has always prided themselves on being decent quality and economical priced models, but this move pushes their price range up to the realm of competing with FreeWing, but they seriously lack the quality of a FW product.
            I would purchase a meteor if it was priced at $280 for the PNP but not one for $329. If MRC does carry the Dynam Gloster Meteor, I might consider getting one if it goes on sale or build up an airframe from the spare parts section { if possible }.

Lets face the heart breaking truth........ Dynam, You really screwed this one up big time. :Crying:

Comment

I would buy it. Even though my Dynam 262 was nothing but a disaster, it looks as though they finally improved the components on here. There are 80A escs.. but you really have to have these for 12 blade fans. But I'm a little stumped, because for 30 bucks more, I can get the Freewing Me262 and that one has the shock absorbing struts, more detail on the airframe, and more provisions for keeping the electronics cool. The Dynam version had none of that - and yes it was about 150 bucks less, but why give us a PNP with crap electronics when we end up gutting those out anyway. Should of sold it as a KIT for cheaper and we would fill in the rest. I can't wait to see how this flies though. We need a good trailer pronto!

Comment

Bloody well screaming for a repaint!

Comment

Be prepared to do what these guys did

Comment

I think I'd use some free Wing edfs

Comment

Just bought the Dynam Gloster from Bitgo. Hopefully they have corrected this issues with the first release. I will update you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                        Just bought the Dynam Gloster from Bitgo. Hopefully they have corrected this issues with the first release. I will update you guys.
                        A good insurance policy would be to use a separate BEC unit in case the de-soldering issue hasn't been fixed yet. Even safer use a separate battery for the rc gear

Comment

Received my Gloster today from Bitgo Hobby. Arrived in the biggest box I have ever received, in perfect condition. Painted the wing tips, elevator and rudder. Probably get into it Friday evening. Will update.

Comment

Nice color choices. Keep us posted!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Just received mine from them as well it is missing the whole entire elevator stab bitgo hobby shipping out one tomorrow good customer service...

Comment

Anyone do 3-D printing
                                Would love to get a set of these inlet rings printed for the Gloster ..
                                here is the file
                                Inlet ring for Dynam Gloster Meteor twin EDF jet Tests show no lost of thrust when the rings are applied. The inlets provide extra stenght and look nice thanks to the red color that was applied after printing.

have cash ...

Comment

Coming along ..used starbuck coffee cups lids for inlet rings work great still need to fit and finish them lol

Comment

Great idea raptor

Comment

Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                                      Received my Gloster today from Bitgo Hobby. Arrived in the biggest box I have ever received, in perfect condition. Painted the wing tips, elevator and rudder. Probably get into it Friday evening. Will update.
                                      Why wouldn't it use a 6S instead of a 4S, it has 80A ESCs...:Confused:
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Why wouldn't it use a 6S instead of a 4S, it has 80A ESCs...:Confused:
                                        Esc’s do not determine your input voltage. That is dictated by what motors are turning those edf’s. ;)But I agree a jet of this size should have a 6s power system. I will see how well I like this jet and decide if I should invest in a 6s power system. If I do it will either be a Freewing or RC Lander set of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                          Just received mine from them as well it is missing the whole entire elevator stab bitgo hobby shipping out one tomorrow good customer service...
                                          Yes Dr Jing is great.

Comment

Working...
                                          X