X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    I don't care either way....I just want them all!
    ^^^ This! :)
    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx
      Yeah the problem with that now is someone can sneak in and release the same thing but in 2 years vs the 3. With the new age of the internet and near limitless global communications. Doing things like that are pretty much suicidal now.
      I personally don't understand why some manufactures would make the same model and release it around the same time. Case in point the Freewing Tigercat and the FMS Tigercat. FMS could have sold far more airplanes if they would had done something totally different instead such as a Ju-88 or ME-410.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I personally don't understand why some manufactures would make the same model and release it around the same time. Case in point the Freewing Tigercat and the FMS Tigercat. FMS could have sold far more airplanes if they would had done something totally different instead such as a Ju-88 or ME-410.
        No market research...
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I think they do research. I think somebody comes to them (I.E. Motion) and says "can you make a Tiger Cat in 1600mm" and they say "Yeah" and then they think we will make a bigger one as this is what everybody must want. bigger is better right? So along side the production they design and build a different scale. Production is that same for both and you can train your staff to build one just like the other. Economy of scale. Unfortunately, the economy cannot support the scale of so many Tigercats coming out at once. Not so smart after all.
          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

No market research...
            I agree 100%. But I think it's more than this. It's kinda like what's easy to make, and what's really, really cool to make. Easy almost always wins out.

Woody

Comment

It's funny. People complain when they are told well ahead of time what is coming. And people complain when they are not told what is coming until it is either on the water or in stock.

I for one think MRC is doing it the correct way now, surprising us when something new comes in stock, or opens a pre-order as soon as the product hits the water. I think they learned their lesson after the T-45 announcement as it had to go through some revisions prior to being shipped, and guys waited like 5 months after putting in a pre-order.

People worry about their flying season. Even if the new release had been announced at Nall, the pre-orders still won't open until it hits the water (let's say 3-4 weeks from now), and then it's another 4-6 weeks to get here from China. We're now well into August before the kits show up at our door.

And we don't even know for sure what Foil is going to be. The only hints we've gotten are that it is definitely an EDF, and then the reference to Cloud Atlas. It could be an F-100, but then again it could be just about anything. If you're holding off buying something now just to wait and see what Foil is, I say buy what's available now if it's something you really want. If Foil also turns out to be something you want, then get it later when it's available.

I guess it's easy for me, I buy them all! :)
              Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                I guess it's easy for me, I buy them all! :)
                We definitely have a lot in common.

Woody

Comment

[QUOTE=crxmanpat;n133952]It's funny. People complain when they are told well ahead of time what is coming. And people complain when they are not told what is coming until it is either on the water or in stock.

From which we an conclude that many people just like to complain.

Comment

Simply looking to tick the “add to the cart” button. ;)

Comment

I for one enjoy the guessing game. I believe that was the intent, a game. Alpha...please continue the game. Many (most) of us have a hobby budget and it would be nice to know whats coming (like an f100 and no that is not project foil..to obvious for alpha) but why tell the competition. With that said, motion...you better release something soon or a C 130 is going to take your piece of the pie....
                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Rifleman a lot of people on this forum including Motion RC have been nothing but nice to you and tried to be your friends. There is no call for you to go off like this I think you need to check your attitude and take a few moments to rethink this post.

Comment

Maybe the foil is a dagger! F-102 Delta Dagger, would fly great with that huge wing

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                            Maybe the foil is a dagger! F-102 Delta Dagger, would fly great with that huge wing
                            That's a good guess.

Comment

If I had a choice of a Dagger or Dart, I'd take the Dart. But a Dagger would be cool too.
                              Pat

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                Hoping that it is the Dagger’s big brother, the 106! Foil would kind of make sense for, as it was designed to be the foil against the big Soviet bombers. Long service history, clean lines, large wing, and simple retracts. Would be perfect as a big 80mm!

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                  I for one enjoy the guessing game. I believe that was the intent, a game. Alpha...please continue the game. Many (most) of us have a hobby budget and it would be nice to know whats coming (like an f100 and no that is not project foil..to obvious for alpha) but why tell the competition. With that said, motion...you better release something soon or a C 130 is going to take your piece of the pie....
                                  Rob, it's a pretty big pie. If, "I" some how implied that MRC was going to loose some piece of the pie because they aren't announcing they may have a C-130 in the works, I would like to offer my heart felt sincere apology. This simply wasn't the case. I was merely stating my opinion, and reasoning why I think Code Name Foil, was not going to be a C-130. I was also saying if it was, they would probably break the ice sooner than later. I run my own business, and have my own product lines. If I see one of my competitors breaking something that's going to put my products as a disadvantage, and I have something better in the works this is what I do. I wouldn't even pretend to tell my Motion RC friends how to run their business, as I'm simply a customer, and have very little insight of where their headed, and where they want to take it. I'm a fan of Motion RC, I think they know it. Some times I wonder, but let me tell you point blank I certainly am a fan of these guys.

When I make opinions to this effect, they're simply my opinion. All of my opinions are meant to provide MRC with honest feedback, in hopes that they might listen, and think. So I'm simply trying to be of service to a company I think is a "5 Star Outfit", IE top of my list.

So with this said, My direct feedback to my friends at MRC is this. If you don't have a, "Lockheed Super Constellation", or a "Boeing 737" in the works. You should seriously consider getting them going. This is simply my opinion, and sincere advise to, "MY FRIENDS" at MRC.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

PS, the guessing game is OK, Don't like it or Dislike it. I participate somewhat. But to say I'm sitting hear bated and longing for the answer, naaa. They're plenty of models out there. You might consider giving Rifelman a break. I didn't read nearly the animosity in his post as some others, probably had a bad day. We all have those. W

Comment

Hate to be misunderstood. I try to buy only from motion because of their service and products. What i meant was if the next release isnt soon enough( or to be fair something im not interested in) I have my eye on that hk C130. It was said in jest. I'm rarely serious (ex wife told me that often)Any time i buy from someone else i feel like im cheating on my wife. Sadly alpha had mentioned on a podcast that a Herc is not happening for mrc. I'm convinced "foil" is an EA 18 growler superscale. And i am unaware that alpha said foil was the next release. But i could be wrong. My wife says i am quite often.
                                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

So I think Motion higher ups found out about Hobby Kings soon to be released C130(from a recent new hire;)) and plan to "FOIL" them with a 2500mm C5A Galaxy

Take that HK

Comment

Maybe they worked with E-Flite on the new F-27 Evo....
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                          Hate to be misunderstood. I try to buy only from motion because of their service and products. What i meant was if the next release isnt soon enough( or to be fair something im not interested in) I have my eye on that hk C130. It was said in jest. I'm rarely serious (ex wife told me that often)Any time i buy from someone else i feel like im cheating on my wife. Sadly alpha had mentioned on a podcast that a Herc is not happening for mrc. I'm convinced "foil" is an EA 18 growler superscale. And i am unaware that alpha said foil was the next release. But i could be wrong. My wife says i am quite often.
                                          No Worries Rob,

I just wanted to clarify I wasn't trying to bash MRC. I buy even glue and other small items from them. Many times when I order common stuff, I order it from MRC and wait a week, (IE I'm on the west coast) instead of ordering it from Horizon and have the next day. I like those guys too. For instance I recently ordered one of those. "Roc Hobbies Strega's" from RC Castle. I really wanted one of those as, Bill "Tiger" Destifini was an acquaintance of mine, and actually flew me around in a P-51 he owned at the time. It wasn't Strega, it was one he owned prior called Manjapan, (hope I spelled that right). So we're all good.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X