Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

What about these folks:
    Notice the header on the page, No longer Available.. : http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=935

I contacted them a few months ago about some spares for my landing gear, and they said all production of the model has ceased. No more planes or parts planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Notice the header on the page, No longer Available.. : http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=935

I contacted them a few months ago about some spares for my landing gear, and they said all production of the model has ceased. No more planes or parts planned.
      My bad. Last time I looked they were still selling, but that was a while ago since there's no way I could afford or transport such a plane short of the lottery, I guess that leaves just HSD and SkyAngel/J-Power, unless foil is (I hope) a 64 mm version.

Comment

• So what IS the next event where they MIGHT reveal? And what's the average time between reveal and sales?

Comment

So what IS the next event where they MIGHT reveal? And what's the average time between reveal and sales?
          It could be at any event. Events are fun, but MRC also will do the reveal right here on Hobbysquawk. (or both at the same time). Then the pre-order also appears on MRC's website as well.

MRC won't do this until the new product is made and they have confirmation that the shipment has left the factory (by sea container) which means that it will actually be in stock about 4-5 weeks later on average. ....unlike OTHER companies that make announcements about "coming soon" items well ahead of when they are actually produced, and they have no idea when the product will actually be available.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

So what IS the next event where they MIGHT reveal? And what's the average time between reveal and sales?
            I've said this many times, but will repeat here. MudDuck is about right. We do not like to ever announce a product prior to the product being produced and at the very least in a container from the factory heading to our warehouses (lot's of times we just wait for it to get to the warehouse).

That said, this year was the first year ever that Motion RC was going to start attending events, so we were ready to make exceptions and announce some of these at the shows (and possibly show off a CNC version of the model, like HSD just did with that T-33).

Joe Nall was the first attempt and we all know what happened there, then the first show Stuart was going to do which is a large event in the EU also got canceled by weather.

Push come to shove, the next releases are still on time and even if we had announced them, we'd still be waiting for them to hit the water by this time, so we felt it was best to not say anything yet. We'd rather reveal the models when we are able to compile proper pictures and videos for the announcement as we always have.

We understand there haven't been new releases as frequently this year, but it took all hands on deck to get our EU operation up and running and the year is far from over.

The next big event we will be trying to do in the US will be Nall in Fall (weather permitting). But we shouldn't be waiting to announce the next thing by then (maybe something else), people should already be owning whats next.

As I have said, we don't know why the project Foil name has taken on a life of its own as other project names are out there too. We have plenty of new goodies cooking in the kitchen and when it is the proper time for everyone to know then everyone will know.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

It could be at any event. Events are fun, but MRC also will do the reveal right here on Hobbysquawk. (or both at the same time). Then the pre-order also appears on MRC's website as well.

MRC won't do this until the new product is made and they have confirmation that the shipment has left the factory (by sea container) which means that it will actually be in stock about 4-5 weeks later on average. ....unlike OTHER companies that make announcements about "coming soon" items well ahead of when they are actually produced, and they have no idea when the product will actually be available.
              Yes, They Who Shall Not Be Named is good for that. Unless it's another Cub variant.

Comment

• The cookies will be done when they're done.

Woody

PS The honest truth, I have upwards of 10 new models in there boxes right now. The last thing I need is a new must have plane, lol. To be honest I already have three I want to buy, but have been resisting the urge. (A-4, Phantom, B-737). So if its Russian, probably not, as I never really liked them much, kinda liked the M-15, but the F-86 had an 8 to 1 kill ratio over that plane. Pretty plane though. I personally just think the good ole US has pretty much the best of the best. This is my opinion only, and we all know how opinions are. Europe has some nice stuff, but I never liked how a lot of the stuff looks. But I do like a lot of WW2 stuff from that era. So foil might be a grand thing, but we all know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                  The cookies will be done when they're done.

Woody

PS The honest truth, I have upwards of 10 new models in there boxes right now. The last thing I need is a new must have plane, lol. To be honest I already have three I want to buy, but have been resisting the urge. (A-4, Phantom, B-737). So if its Russian, probably not, as I never really liked them much, kinda liked the M-15, but the F-86 had an 8 to 1 kill ratio over that plane. Pretty plane though. I personally just think the good ole US has pretty much the best of the best. This is my opinion only, and we all know how opinions are. Europe has some nice stuff, but I never liked how a lot of the stuff looks. But I do like a lot of WW2 stuff from that era. So foil might be a grand thing, but we all know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. W
                  The whole era from say 1948-1960 is LOADED with beauty and ugly. You had the folks who brought us the Spitfire build a jet that was like the P-80, but a TAILDRAGGER. The Short SA4 Bomber whith had 4 jet engines STACKED IN PAIRS like the BAC Lightning. You had jets that had barely finished flight-testing become obsolescent. All-in-all, quite the buffet.

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                    That said, this year was the first year ever that Motion RC was going to start attending events, so we were ready to make exceptions and announce some of these at the shows (and possibly show off a CNC version of the model, like HSD just did with that T-33).
                    I have to take exception to the above claim James. This is not the first year that Motion has actually been represented at an event.
                    Since I started attending NEFI in 2016 (which is where I first met these great guys) Pilot Ryan and Cap'n Mike have been there promoting the Motion RC name via video coverage and product prizes.
                    Lets give credit where credit is due. ;)
                    (And this year George - TIA and Steve - RCJetDude covered the vacancy helping Mike when Ryan could not make it)
                    Here's a big winner of Motion freebies for this year.........Skippykix :Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3226.JPG Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	140224
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The whole era from say 1948-1960 is LOADED with beauty and ugly. You had the folks who brought us the Spitfire build a jet that was like the P-80, but a TAILDRAGGER. The Short SA4 Bomber whith had 4 jet engines STACKED IN PAIRS like the BAC Lightning. You had jets that had barely finished flight-testing become obsolescent. All-in-all, quite the buffet.
                      I love Spitfire's, and ME-109's, I have one of each new in the boxes. Durifly's. But I have had the rare privilege to see some of the Russian jets up close. My grand mother use to say if you can't say something good, you shouldn't say anything at all. So I'm going to focus on the positive. It's amazing they have successfully designed jets to be operated in such inhospitable places. I would also argue the Russians may in fact build the most durable helicopters in the world.

Doh, my bad, sorry bout high jacking the thread. My sincerest of apologies to everyone here. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Best Regards
                      Woody

Comment

• They were at the grapevine warbird event last year

Comment

• And coming back this year !
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• True indeed

Comment

• Don’t you hate it when you check notifications and see that 8 people chimed in on Project Foil guesses, only to find someone posted something that has nothing to do with Foil and seven others agreed with them? :Confused::Angry:LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                Don’t you hate it when you check notifications and see that 8 people chimed in on Project Foil guesses, only to find someone posted something that has nothing to do with Foil and seven others agreed with them? :Confused::Angry:LOL
                                Hey Boots, got one word for that---

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	248
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	144135

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                  Don’t you hate it when you check notifications and see that 8 people chimed in on Project Foil guesses, only to find someone posted something that has nothing to do with Foil and seven others agreed with them? :Confused::Angry:LOL
                                  Well, after four months a little digression should be expected. Especially when it SEEMS that the announcement gets pushed back. As is, you have one person chiming in with the plane they want, and five others campaigning on why it should be a certain size.

Comment

• So they are taking thier own sweet time,I get it but how about another clue Alpha?
                                    That should be worth a couple pages of scrutiny and buy yall some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

LOL
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

LMAO!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I have to take exception to the above claim James. This is not the first year that Motion has actually been represented at an event.
                                          Since I started attending NEFI in 2016 (which is where I first met these great guys) Pilot Ryan and Cap'n Mike have been there promoting the Motion RC name via video coverage and product prizes.
                                          Lets give credit where credit is due. ;)
                                          (And this year George - TIA and Steve - RCJetDude covered the vacancy helping Mike when Ryan could not make it)
                                          Here's a big winner of Motion freebies for this year.........Skippykix :Cool:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3226.JPG Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	140224
                                          I hear you OV-10, but I meant as a company. Sure we have been represented by numerous members of our customer family at events, but we are starting (trying) to get going to events our self with our staff is all I meant.

We don't always want to rely on our customers to do it, we want to be there too. NEFI, luckily, is right in Ryan and Mike's backyard so it's an easy trip for them to get there, but Ryan and Mike have full-time jobs so it's tough to get them out to other shows around the country and now across the Atlantic.

We hope to be going to many more shows as our company grows as well as having our great friends like Tony Accurso and Victor Checkcinco on the West Coast, George Baker and Steve Hodges on the East Coast representing us.

Comment

Working...
                                          X