X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post

Well, you didn't say it wasn't an F-111, so *maybe* I'm on the money given the hints? Definitely a SEA combat bird that foiled TSR-2 production, which you held a model of....
    It's more likely the "greasing" of the MOD by General Dynamics AND the UK's socialization that did in TSR-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
      a light weight dent resistant skin would be the holey Grail for foam planes, no one has come up with a good solution yet. You have to think that sooner or later this has to happen, looking forward to it.
      RC Lander had a series of planes about 5-6 years ago which were foam with a polypolyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic shell. PET is the material used on bicycle helmets. The concept was good but the two major issues were weight and inability to produce scale appearance. The PET coating adds a significant amount of weight because the entire aircraft needs to be coated for uniform appearance. The print quality is decent but the plane tends to look artificial / "toy'ish" and the eye is drawn to any area where the various PET pieces do not perfectly align. I agree that a thin, durable, scale looking coating would be a nice advancement in scale foamies. For now the various Beacon coating products seem to be a step in the right direction.

Comment

• Thanks for telling us what FOIL is "not." So far, we know it will not be black, and not a MIG-25. And it is not a U2, SR71, or F117.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
          Thanks for telling us what FOIL is "not." So far, we know it will not be black, and not a MIG-25. And it is not a U2, SR71, or F117.
          Not all U-2s are black:

Comment

• Ok, just saw the video on the next plane. We have 24 hrs to find out what it is. Hoot Gibson was involved in the design of it and he’s also flown the full scale one. Wonder what it’ll be?

Comment

• Based on a still frame from the video, I say it's an L-39. Can't see any details. But the wing and fuselage plan along with intakes tells me it's an L-39. And I really hope it's not the yellow paint scheme..

Or is this another project called "Hoot"....I am confused
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Yeah I thought Hoot was supposed to be a warbird, but maybe I just thought I saw that somewhere. I think we were all hoping for the FOIL release, but I'm excited nonetheless. Hope everyone enjoys the release tomorrow!

Comment

• Hope it’s the l-39. That’s my favorite looking jet

Comment

• Its not foil, but it sure is something to get excited about and we like giving you guys nice surprises:

The next aircraft from Freewing comes in 24 hours...Big thanks to our good friend Pilot Robert Lee "Hoot" Gibson (Capt, USN, Ret.)

Stuart.

Comment

• Indeed, we do. :)

​​​​​​
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I (hope to) see a L-39 Albatros! Bring it on!!!
                        https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Ok
                          Lol....you just flashed the Hoot or maybe the foil answer in front of us with the rolling credits.
                          Lots of CSI going on right now around the globe.

Comment

• Comment

• From mnemonic acronym FOIL (“First Outside Inside Last”). Maybe this is an export aircraft designed for others before the parent country decided to use it? Of course you can still go down the list of all the aircraft Hoot Gibson has flown and pick one out of there. You can even lose the propeller driven aircraft to narrow the field, I guess. Look closely people.

Comment

• It’s an L -39 Hoot Gibson flew it in the Reno air races.

Comment

• Love the L-39, where is the order button or preorder button..................:Silly::)

Comment

• That photo depicts an L39. One of my favorite jets!

Comment

• Low wing.
                                      Side intakes.
                                      Sounds sweet.

Going flying but keeping my phone and wallet in
                                      My pockets.

Choice of words are important and you can bet that Tom reviews these clues. They said its not foil.....but something to get excited about.
                                      My prediction of either a double unveiling or
                                      Short time period back to back delivery just may come true. Anyhow, we have deduced that Foil
                                      And the red Avanti are pulling into the dock.

Plane

Comment

• Hey now....were up and atem on the left coast.....lets have it.....lol

Comment

• I hope it's at least a 90mm
                                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                                          X