Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will likely be doing yourself an ill favour if you get rid of the V1. It may not have as many bells and whistles as the newer V2, but it had a much cleaner duct and was lighter so it flew better for the most part. You just need to upgrade the 'annoying parts' (change old servo actuated retracts by 'e-tracts' if it's truly a V1, get better actuator arms for canards, replace servos motor and esc, etc... mostly pretty minor stuff!).

Comment

Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      You will likely be doing yourself an ill favour if you get rid of the V1. It may not have as many bells and whistles as the newer V2, but it had a much cleaner duct and was lighter so it flew better for the most part. You just need to upgrade the 'annoying parts' (change old servo actuated retracts by 'e-tracts' if it's truly a V1, get better actuator arms for canards, replace servos motor and esc, etc... mostly pretty minor stuff!).
      This is what I am trying to get across, its NOT a V1, it has actual servoless landing gear, but does have a 6 blade 1750KV 90MM EDF. It does have a foam NLG door. It does have the awful Pilot. It has glue on drop tanks, it does have no MLG doors. It does have the plastic canard bell cranks. It has the early, more magnets forward located, canopy. Lets call it a V1.5!!!

Oh and it has the weird, slanted battery compartment for two three cells with Deans connectors. This model in my opinion should go to a collector.

EDIT, it also has NO carry through spars, none. This has the glue into a molded channel on the bottom of the wing, that does insert into a small portion of structure in the wing root area.

VR
      Last edited by Vintage Racer; Apr 15, 2021, 10:50 AM. Reason: Additional information.

Comment

I wouldn't sell it. That one has a much better ducting, thus higher thrust to weight ratios are achievable and better flight times too.

Comment

Here is a shot of the battery compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210412_165334_01.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	308936

Comment

Interesting for sure. The site is not Motion so they may say V3 and it really isn't any different than the V2 Motion had. The motor size and kV, 130A ESC, gear doors, struts, metal trunions, metal gear servos, etc were all on the V2.

In fact in the description it says "If you want the ultimate in thrust vectoring maneuverability combined with top of the line scale appearance, look no further than the new Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon V2 90mm EDF Jet.".

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              They won't. At least not like it was.
              My Eurofighter is just 100g heavier than the Rafale but with a lot more thrust from the 90mm inrunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post

I am more than likely going to sell the Hobby Lobby version.

When I bought it, I was told its a V2. There are several of variations of this model, depending upon which vendor brought it to market. Gear, Power (EDF Blade/KV), Metal Canard Bellcranks v Plastic, Battery Type/Configuration, Removable Wings/Vertical Stab, Actual Rudder, Gear Doors, Gear Door Material, how the Canopy attaches. Most of the changes were nice upgrades, making it a more desirable model. The Freewing V2 (or V3 it seems to me) sold by Motion, is a very different animal, compared to the Hobby Lobby one shown.

I will never build or fly this model.

I bought it sight unseen, and the seller nor myself were aware how many versions were on the market back in the day. I have read there is no V3, but have seen it written in other places. Also seen V2.1, V2.2, and V2.3

WHO KNOWS WHAT IS ACTUALLY CORRECT!!!

Bottom line is, none of it matters now anyway!!

I would like to see an updated even further, more modern version of the Eurofighter! Just like every model ever made, some will love it, and others won't.

Here is my favorite video, want to learn how to fly like this!

Please feel free to Subscribe to my channel if you like what you see!And as always:Enjoy ;-)Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000(FZ2500).Format: 1080p60fps@100...

VR
                How much do you want for it? Send me a PM.

Comment

Not sure what to make of this. I check every so often, and normally it reads "Discontinued"

Now indicates "Out of Stock" and the "Notify Me" button is alive.

Is this just a glitch in the Matrix, or is it really coming back? Looks like a totally new website.

I need parts...

VR

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...nt=19056264710

Comment

Motion just did a big change to their web site Friday, I would say it's a glitch.

Comment

I would agree, and that SUPER annoying drop down menu is just that...

Comment

Push-on 3DP overlays for the ugly foam VT nozzles. They are thin so be careful when printing and fitting them. Also be sure they don't interfere with the VT range of motion.

This is a push-on overlays for the rather unattractive thrust vectoring (TV) nozzle on the Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon. Print as light as possible since it does not bear any load. The cut-outs accommodate the ball joints for the TV pushrods. It's a fairly tight fit so ensure that there is no flash on the print, which will prevent it going on all the way. It's thin, so you may need to adjust your slicer parameters accordingly. I used Cura 4.10.1 and set the horizontal expansion parameter to 0.15mm to ensure the thin parts printed OK. Printer used was Monoprice Ultimate (same as Wanhao Duplicator 6) If using the TV moveable nozzle make sure that you still have the full range of movement on your TV nozzle. There's a slightly thicker one available if your slicer/printer won't handle this one. It is athttps://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4101139 .

Comment

Yes, resurrecting an old thread, but I just saw this. I can't understand anything of what he's saying but is this new or is he unboxing and old unit?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            Yes, resurrecting an old thread, but I just saw this. I can't understand anything of what he's saying but is this new or is he unboxing and old unit?

The V2 is the old discontinued one. If it's been resurrected I doubt it would be as a V2.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing. I just wish I knew what the guy's saying. I had the last V2 and sold it. The next guy never flew it and and another friend just picked it up. (I got a little excited when I saw this video.)

Comment

Well, the V2 doesn't get much love any more, so I made mine some improved push on "skins" for the exhaust nozzles. They are very light and just push over the nasty looking foam nozzles. I am biased, but I think they look a whole lot better.

Click image for larger version  Name:	featured_preview_14fc15df-d5bb-47df-b603-2967b31c6a1b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	374587

STL files at: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4091983

Comment

Working...
                                X