X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• It'll buff out. I lost mine last year after a labor of love repainting and adding decals for Blue Angels. You guys should join us at Jet Jam this year. It's a blast. Field of Dreams 800x50 paved field. Near Louisville on the Indiana side. June 10-13th A few of us from Macho Grande ( 114th) are planning to go. Check out Rosewood Flyers.https://www.rosewoodrc.com/ They just opened registration and already have 40. Last year they had 104 registered.

Ryan will be there.

Cheers,

Dave
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Speaking of rebuilds...
        An Oldie-but-Goodie...the Freewing F-18 V2. A complete rebuild that took a few years was amazing to see during a re-maiden. What happens next is heartbreaking!

Comment

• Do-It-Yourself dual tailpipe flickering afterburner on the F/A-18F.

Also I have some 3DP files for this model on Thingiverse.

Comment

• [QUOTE=kallend;n298288]Do-It-Yourself dual tailpipe flickering afterburner on the F/A-18F.Also I have some 3DP files for this model on Thingiverse./QUOTE]

KE, Diggin' the 'flicker' a lot. Very cool... How did you do that? I need to know. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ditto. Flicker. Is. Ooooooooooh.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• So..... I have been flying my Hornet with my own weird combo. Powerfun 70mm 12 blade with Hobby King Dr. Madthrust 2960 2200kv motor and it has worked awesome! But as most of you know I am always looking to try new set ups. So I decided to give the new FMS 1900kv set up a try to see how it goes. The one flight that I had with it was really impressive! Not like I remembered it being from a little while back. It was FAST!!! The vertical was really good too! Maybe not quite as good as the Powerfun but the motor is brand new and not yet broken in. But as I was prepping for the second flight I heard that noise that no one ever wants to hear... Crunch, snap crackle pop!!! Threw a blade because of some debris on the runway....

So I had a spare rotor and tried to replace it with that... but it had a bad blade and broke while tightening the adapter. So I had a spare FMS rotor from the previous style 1850kv motor. It seemed to have much more pitch than the newer 1900kv motor which seemed like it would actually work ok considering that the motor is only 1900kv and slightly wider which will give better torque. I added it and got it balanced before my flying on saturday. All I can say is WOW!!! That made even more of a difference!! I flew for about 3:30 mins before I came down to do some fine tuning on my balancing. But man... that new 1900kv motor with the older 1850kv rotor is a great combo! The motor was only a little warm which is fine for inrunners. Needless to say I will be getting this back in the air pretty quickly!! Nice to breathe new life into an old bird!! Will hopefully have more video as soon as I can figure out my new runcam....
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Just finished up the FMS F/A - 18/F 70mm. I have the V2 with the 1900 motor. I have the CG set at 70mm with my 6s 4000 pack

Thanks to callie-graphics.com/collections/f-18-hornet for the awesome livery of VMFA-115. Should make sure there are no visibility issues. Just waiting on Gooniac for the afterburner........ However, may have to maiden without if this snow ever melts....

Question - Based on the comments above, is it wise to move the CG back to 75mm or 80mm before the maiden or wait until I see how it does in the current position?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ah's Availble View Post
                    Just finished up the FMS F/A - 18/F 70mmThanks to [COLOR=#3498db]callie-graphics.com/collections/f-18-hornet[
                    AA, She's a stunner, great work. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Just finished up the FMS F/A - 18/F 70mm. I have the V2 with the 1900 motor. I have the CG set at 70mm with my 6s 4000 pack

Thanks to callie-graphics.com/collections/f-18-hornet for the awesome livery of VMFA-115. Should make sure there are no visibility issues. Just waiting on Gooniac for the afterburner........ However, may have to maiden without if this snow ever melts....

Question - Based on the comments above, is it wise to move the CG back to 75mm or 80mm before the maiden or wait until I see how it does in the current position?
                      Looks awesome!! I am sending out a ton of burners over the next couple weeks so will keep you posted. I haven't messed with my CG since I got the plane and it has been through a few different edfs too... I used 30c-40c 4000s and they are about 1.25 inch from the front of the battery bay.
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanks Gooniac. I am planning on using a 40C 4000 pack as well. I will try it as is. Really appreciate the info.

I didn't mean to prompt you on the afterburner. You were straight up on the delivery time. I just wanted everyone to know that your burner systems are awesome. I just want to see that beauty in the air. But unfortunately weather up hear is awful right now. I will post when it maidens.

Comment

Thanks Gooniac. I am planning on using a 40C 4000 pack as well. I will try it as is. Really appreciate the info.

I didn't mean to prompt you on the afterburner. You were straight up on the delivery time. I just wanted everyone to know that your burner systems are awesome. I just want to see that beauty in the air. But unfortunately weather up hear is awful right now. I will post when it maidens.
                          No worries man! They have gotten pretty popular and I am having to meter what I do to keep my sanity and most of all... be able to fly! I gotta have my one day a week to fly! Maybe even make it a lil more often if possible. If I get them done sooner then great! But I gotta have the time for regular life too. I hand assemble every one of them! Nearing 2000 now....

also the F-18 looks really good with the latest set up! You will love it!

Comment

• 4500mAh and 5300mAh SMC Flight packs

Comment

• Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Comment

• It's one of the smoothest planes to fly, and I love kicking the rudders.

Comment

Working...
                                X