X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Just don't land it hard, and you can remove a triangle of foam from the rear of the battery bay. The manual CG is way nose heavy.
    Where do you fly yours at? (CG) I'm sure it's posted somewhere but.... feeling a little lazy. :Straight-Face:

Comment

I fly a 4000 pack in mine with it shoved all the way back in the battery bay. Can't remember what the CG is, but it's further back than what the manual says.
      Pat

Comment

Mine shipped today, so next week will be a fun week, I needed something to build while waiting for the F-4 and I love a challenge on landings, this one looks fun to fly and land, I didn't buy any 4000 batteries so I'm flying mine with 5000 45C, hope it works, if not, you will see it for sale.............:)

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          Mine shipped today, so next week will be a fun week, I needed something to build while waiting for the F-4 and I love a challenge on landings, this one looks fun to fly and land, I didn't buy any 4000 batteries so I'm flying mine with 5000 45C, hope it works, if not, you will see it for sale.............:)
          It's gonna depend on how thick that 5000 is whether the canopy will close
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Okay, the new blue Gensace batteries are smaller actually so I think they will fit, and I like my jets nose heavy anyway, if not I will sell it, don't have any other use for 4000 batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              Okay, the new blue Gensace batteries are smaller actually so I think they will fit, and I like my jets nose heavy anyway, if not I will sell it, don't have any other use for 4000 batteries.
              Compare the Gensace measurements against the measurement of the Admiral 6S 4500 40C that is listed on Motions product page and you'll know before hand.
              If it is larger than the Admiral then you'll be carving or selling.;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I finely found the the thread with a little help LOL I pulled the trigger yesterday on the A-6 I've heard nothing but good things about this Jet.from my fellow pilots.This should keep me very happy till my F-4 arrives. Goose

Comment

ALWAYS wanted one of these myself Mike! A good looking and great flying jet for sure. Looking forward to seeing yours in the air here locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                    ALWAYS wanted one of these myself Mike! A good looking and great flying jet for sure. Looking forward to seeing yours in the air here locally.
                    Thank you sir looking forward to the build with Justan he builds real nice jets and so do you I hear.I dig the Intruder sooooooooooo cool going to take out the pilots I don't care for them. I have some FMS pilots that look the part one is getting his helmet painted in Vietnam Tiger Stripe. Yes Flight of the Intruder is one of my Fav. Movies Thanks again, Mike aka Goose:Cool: I will let you know when her maiden is. Heck if you would like to fly her I would feel honored. You, Justin, or Josh are the only ones I'll let fly her.and me too yes.

Comment

haven't tried the new admiral 4500 or 5000 that are way too long for most of my jets unless I move the esc etc bring back the short fatties pls

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        haven't tried the new admiral 4500 or 5000 that are way too long for most of my jets unless I move the esc etc bring back the short fatties pls
                        Fatties won't allow the canopy to close unless you put it through the chop shop. The 4500 fits fine.
                        MRC moved away from the short fatties because of this fit issue on a lot of the airframes.
                        No short fatties for me ;)LOL
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

sounds good now I have a battery excluesivly for the a6 seems it doesent fit in some other planes

Comment

Ya guys thanks I wasn't sure if the Admiral 6s 4500mAh would fit in the A-6 I bought the 6s Admiral pro 4000 60c thanks for the advice on battery size. Goose.

Comment

Ok my A-6 arrives tomorrow. I'll be running an Lemon Rx DSMX 7 channel + stabilizer with Lemon DSMX Satellite. I have used that 7 channel with stabilizer on a couple of my larger planes and have had brown outs so after crashing my FMS 1400mm BF-109 was able to fix her with light damage got lucky on belly landing same with my FMS 1450mm Red Tail Mustang. so I been watching other pilots use them only on Jets and no problems. So any other Ideas have a Spektrum DX8 thanks Mike aka Goose :Confused:

Comment

Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post
                                Ok my A-6 arrives tomorrow. I'll be running an Lemon Rx DSMX 7 channel + stabilizer with Lemon DSMX Satellite. I have used that 7 channel with stabilizer on a couple of my larger planes and have had brown outs so after crashing my FMS 1400mm BF-109 was able to fix her with light damage got lucky on belly landing same with my FMS 1450mm Red Tail Mustang. so I been watching other pilots use them only on Jets and no problems. So any other Ideas have a Spektrum DX8 thanks Mike aka Goose :Confused:
                                Brown outs on the Lemon...........interesting. Could be just a case of a Rx going bad or if the DX8 is a gen1 unit, that was known to have signal issues.
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

If it's an actual Lemon or Admiral brand receiver they work great but I bought some "Lemon" bare bones receivers on eBay and they were bad about brown outs and almost lost a couple of planes so I trashed them. I'm not only using the Admiral branded Lemon receivers and have not had a single issue with them.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	129978​ Happy Day for the Goose:Cool:​:P

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

If it's an actual Lemon or Admiral brand receiver they work great but I bought some "Lemon" bare bones receivers on eBay and they were bad about brown outs and almost lost a couple of planes so I trashed them. I'm not only using the Admiral branded Lemon receivers and have not had a single issue with them.
                                      I did take out the seven in both of those and just put a 6-channel lemon in themtand they're both fine so live and learn thank you both for your input much appreciated

Comment

Happy Day for the Goose:Cool:
                                        Great flying jet and one of the best sounding ones out there, just tame the elevator down some and you'll do great.

TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I ordered the Admiral DSMP/6-channel with Stabilizer Plus with Diversity Ant. right after your input. Motion must have been overhearing our conversion LOL 2 day after my A-6 arrived so did the receiver. Going to build the jet sometime this week. will let ya know how it handles during maiden. Thanks again TiredironGRB. Happy flying Mike aka Goose.

Comment

Working...
                                          X